So Let Me Get This Straight...

Exactly... good way of putting it. Just because we pick early at #11 doesn't mean we shouldn't take the best Wide Receiver there. Who cares if people think Devin Thomas should go later, if he is the one we want, take him and let the "so called" draft experts complain all day long that we reached.

Exactly... good way of putting it. Just because we pick early at #11 doesn't mean we shouldn't take the best Wide Receiver there. Who cares if people think Devin Thomas should go later, if he is the one we want, take him and let the "so called" draft experts complain all day long that we reached.

I really don't think it matters who we'd pick at 11..the so called draft guru's would find a way to dog it..even if it was addressing a need.

I don't think Devin Thomas would be a reach. Malcolm Kelly would be a reach.

What would be interesting (and more likely to get the discussion going) is whether taking James Hardy would be a reach at #11, if he was top WR on our board.

Guest dog14787
I don't think Devin Thomas would be a reach. Malcolm Kelly would be a reach.

What would be interesting (and more likely to get the discussion going) is whether taking James Hardy would be a reach at #11, if he was top WR on our board.

I think we reach then, Malcom Kelly will hit the NFL with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove now.

I expect big things from Malcom Kelly regardless of were he goes, I just hope its to Buffalo.

Don't you think we are all missing the point? They don't give you the Vince Lombardi Trophy for gettingthe most value picks in the draft. If you need a WR, you pick a WR. Who gives a crap about value??? Don't we guys who make plays?

PTR

We are going defense with our 1st rd pick. Our offensive production says we should go offense, but there isn't anyone worth a damn that we should take at 11...we're going CB, or DE...we can improve on "O" in rounds 2-4...

Just my opinion, but I think it should be obvious by now to all of us rabid Bills' fans...Kelly's a scrub, and Thomas is unproven...

The Bills are going defense guys, c'mon.

The more and more I think about it the more and more I really do think that we should go D, particularly corner, in the first round... it seems like all of the receivers that are being talked about are about the same with no clear cut # 1 so there will likely be at least one of the top 3/4 WR's still available in the 2nd round

Who gives a crap about value???

The ones so concerned with 'value' are the Monday Morning GMs on E$PN. They need to fill a lot of dead air, and what better way to do that than with righteous indignation? They're always right and they're never wrong. Ask them, they'll tell you.

Whitner was a 'reach' even tho we needed a SS and our scouts really liked him and had inklings that he'd be gone w/in the next few picks. I don't get these a--holes who would have every team trade wily-nily to get 'their' guy at what is exactly the right spot, according to Mel friggin Kiper.

There's precious few people who actually do something in/with their life; and most everyone else sits on their a-- and commentates.

The ones so concerned with 'value' are the Monday Morning GMs on E$PN. They need to fill a lot of dead air, and what better way to do that than with righteous indignation? They're always right and they're never wrong. Ask them, they'll tell you.

Whitner was a 'reach' even tho we needed a SS and our scouts really liked him and had inklings that he'd be gone w/in the next few picks. I don't get these a--holes who would have every team trade wily-nily to get 'their' guy at what is exactly the right spot, according to Mel friggin Kiper.

There's precious few people who actually do something in/with their life; and most everyone else sits on their a-- and commentates.

I'm glad somebody sees it the same way. If you "reach" on every pick in your draft, but those guys wind up winning you a Super Bowl, then are you still a bad GM?

PTR

The more and more I think about it the more and more I really do think that we should go D, particularly corner, in the first round... it seems like all of the receivers that are being talked about are about the same with no clear cut # 1 so there will likely be at least one of the top 3/4 WR's still available in the 2nd round

I respectfully disagree about the top receivers still being there at #42.

I think these WR's go in Round 1:

Pick 11-Devin Thomas to BUF or NO (10th) or CHI (14th)

Pick 19-Limas Sweed to PHI or T-BAY (20th)

Pick 24-James Hardy to TEN or T-BAY (20th)

Pick 28-Malcolm Kelly to DAL

In Round 2, these WR's go before our second pick:

Pick 38-DeSean Jackson to BAL (if they pick QB in Round 1)

Pick 40-Mario Manningham to NO

At this point, the WR's left on the board include:

Andre Caldwell - Fast but only 6'0" and dumber than rocks (lowest WR Wonderlic).

DeSean Jackson - Fast, but short, light (169 lbs.), and too similar to Parrish in skillset.

Mario Manningham - Six foot, character issues, and drops the ball frequently.

Early Doucet - 6'0 - May not even be there because Rams are engineering something to take him.

Late Round possibilities, which may involve trading down include:

Jordy Nelson - The only tall guy in the bunch. 6'3", decent speed. #2 nationally in average receiving per game.

Earl Bennett- Again, 6'0. He's fast enough, and set the SEC recep's record. Denver might take him at #43 if we don't.

Third Round Leftovers:

Pick 65 - Jerome Simpson, CCU 6'2 - possibility if no WR drafted by now.

Pick 79 - Eddie Royal - Va Tech Short, but a KR. Similar to Parrish.

Pick 83 - Donnie Avery - Houston Short and fast. Similar to Parrish.

Our best bet if we go D in Round 1 is to get TE in Round 2 and take Simpson in Round 3. I'd rather go WR in Round 1, TE in Round 2, and take Defense in Round 3 (Red Bryant DT, Dre Moore DE/DT, Bruce Davis OLB, Philip Wheeler ILB).

beating those teams is one thing, how we could of beat them is another story. If we would have won those games it was cause of defense only. I dont care if we would have won those games, Buffalo's offense needs serious help. Right now we have some talent thats either going to hit its prime or about to. Why not add the right peices so they all hit their prime in the same strides?

I myself, want this offense to have that big physical WR whoever it be, Sweed, Hardy dont care.......I just want the guy to be able to be a redzone target and to take heat away from Evans.

So basically what im saying is even if we beat Philadelphia, Dallas & Denver last season, I still think the offense needs help.