Lions want Harvey

this is getting dangerous - i'm actually starting to get my hopes up that we'll land this kid (which of course indicates the bills will be going with a WR or a CB!)

harvey would be a great fit and i suspect the BPA

I see your point, but IMO an O-line pick would be a bit of a luxury pick as well....Or maybe I'm just too much of a Brad Butler fan...

The only reason i say that is i feel the Bills would not pass on a chance at a guy Like Brandon Albert. He sounds like he will be a great player and instantly gives us depth at 3 posistions. He could play either tackle postion should peters or Walker go down while Butler steps in at Guard.

I highly doubt we will be taking a DE in round one. The pick will be either O line, WR or CB. DE would be a bit of a luxery pick IMO

I wish taking a DE was a luxury pick, it should be after all the money we invested in the position.

But when you get a total of 9 sacks from your top 3 defensive ends, help is needed.

I think we were also second last in the NFL, at stopping teams on third down. A pass rush could really help there also.

The only reason i say that is i feel the Bills would not pass on a chance at a guy Like Brandon Albert. He sounds like he will be a great player and instantly gives us depth at 3 posistions. He could play either tackle postion should peters or Walker go down while Butler steps in at Guard.

I'm with you. The closer that we get to the draft the more I believe the Bills are going to draft BPA. If that happens to be Harvey, Albert, one of the DT's (if they fall), or even Rivers, it will porvide us with more depth at positions that are considered a strength, thus making it that much more of a strength.

I think we were also second last in the NFL, at stopping teams on third down. A pass rush could really help there also.

I don't know whats more depressing. Remembering all those 3rd downs they gave up last year, or that there was actually a team worse at it than the Bills

i dunno.

same de's got us a solid passrush in 06, even with a bad over all d.

all that changed was corner -- same happened for the giants this year.

a solid corner will help our d out more than any dline unless one of the top 3 or 4 guys fall to us. even then the top corner

might be better than the 4th dline -- harvey is the 5th dline in the draft and imo a BIG step down from studs.

don't hate on corners -- they are the most consistent first year impact players.

I just read on Profootball talk.com, Marinelli & Detroit want Harvey @ #15. If Marinelli thinks he is a good fit for the Tampa 2 it's good enough for me. Let's grab him @ 11 (If he's there).

I think at this point I would seriously think about trading down to get more picks if someone wants to trade up to get Harvey. Their first rounder and a second rounder preferably, or their first rounder and a third and a fifth would be alright.

If the Lions want him, I would avoid him at all costs.

I was just about to say.....

I have 3 reactions to this item:

1. I like harvey a lot and the fact that marinelli wants him only reinforces that. he would immediately make our D-line go from "improved" to "ferocious". Although unlike in many years there is no one player i covet over others.

2. Trade down.....if the lions like him a lot they may want to trade up at a time when defensive lineman are at a premium. If detroit wants to trade up, they are likely to give up too much to do so. Millen is a horrible GM and I think Marinelli is a football guy , maybe a decent coach, but overall the guy is a clown. With that being said......

3. Gotta agree with RayFinkle , if detroit really wants a guy, its probably best to avoid him. Their drafts this decade make our drafts look like some type of all-star team. On their current roster, I think the only DECENT homegrown guys are : WR Roy Williams(1st round, top10), DE/DTCory Redding(2nd i think), LT Jeff Backus(ability is debatable, since they gave up a TON of sacks last year), C Dom Raiola(again, debatable), LB Paris Lenon, LB Ernie Sims. So that is a total of SIX players. abominable.

I just read on Profootball talk.com, Marinelli & Detroit want Harvey @ #15. If Marinelli thinks he is a good fit for the Tampa 2 it's good enough for me. Let's grab him @ 11 (If he's there).

if thats true and if Harvey is still on the board at 11 the Bills could trade back with Detroit and pick Devin Thomas at 15