PLAYING IN TORONTO REALLY STINKS!

sven233

It is time for a NEW OWNER to come in and take this team over (PROVIDING THAT THE OWNER KEEPS THE TEAM IN BUFFALO).

Instead of Ralph, you should instead be blaming all of the politicians for making NYS and WNY an area of high taxes, declining population and zero business growth; all of which combine to give the Bills reasons for looking for additional money in other locations.

Instead of Ralph, you should instead be blaming all of the politicians for making NYS and WNY an area of high taxes, declining population and zero business growth; all of which combine to give the Bills reasons for looking for additional money in other locations.

Let me give you a Hulk Hogan...AMEN BROTHER

That game wasnt sold out..Man hard to believe.. :huh:

To be accurate it sold out only after ch.4 bought the last couple thousand tickets. But c'mon! Us old timers remember when Miami was THE game, especiallyif it was in the cold. We WANTED to play Miami in December!! The fact that game had trouble selling is proof to me the rivalry is dead.

PTR

To be accurate it sold out only after ch.4 bought the last couple thousand tickets. But c'mon! Us old timers remember when Miami was THE game, especiallyif it was in the cold. We WANTED to play Miami in December!! The fact that game had trouble selling is proof to me the rivalry is dead.

PTR

It was the game..Which is why I am shocked that Ralph would let that game go..Remember when they wanted to realign the divisions and he said no way he didnt want to lose the rivalry with the Fins..It meant too much for the fans were his exact words..I find it ironic to say the least...

PTR

In the old days, 1st thing I looked for on the schedule was Miami...No more.

It is apparent from this thread, there are a number of posters on this board who don't care if the Bills stay in Buffalo or leave. I would wager many never lived in Buffalo, or moved while very young. They just don't understand what the Bills mean to the area, & Bills fans from Buffalo wherever they may be living. The sad fact is the Bills are as good as gone The best hope you can have as a Bills fan is that Ralph dies during the season - at least the Bills will finish the season in Buffalo.

It is apparent from this thread, there are a number of posters on this board who don't care if the Bills stay in Buffalo or leave. I would wager many never lived in Buffalo, or moved while very young. They just don't understand what the Bills mean to the area, & Bills fans from Buffalo wherever they may be living. The sad fact is the Bills are as good as gone The best hope you can have as a Bills fan is that Ralph dies during the season - at least the Bills will finish the season in Buffalo.

stay in florida

Let me give you a Hulk Hogan...AMEN BROTHER

I think many understand what the Bills mean to the area. But the rest of the NFL loving country really does not care. The truth is the economics of football + the economics of Buffalo have made it a minor miracle that the Bills have stayed in Buffalo for as long. Truth is NFL owners want big markets and dislike the Buffalo market because TV is where the BIG money is. Not in attendence.... Why do they always want a team in LA? They dont care if NO ONE GOES.. The NFL wants the LA audience....

Simple math of each home game tell you the story.

80,000 x 100 bucks each fan spends = 8 million bucks

8 million x 8-10 games = 80 million at best. That does not even cover the salaries of the players....

Suite money does... TV money does..... Corp sponsorships do.... All things Buffalo have limited access to... So you are correct.. The sad fact is the outlook for the Bills in Buffalo is not great. Like I said before 1 game vs all 8 is a blessing......

I think many understand what the Bills mean to the area. But the rest of the NFL loving country really does not care. The truth is the economics of football + the economics of Buffalo have made it a minor miracle that the Bills have stayed in Buffalo for as long. Truth is NFL owners want big markets and dislike the Buffalo market because TV is where the BIG money is. Not in attendence.... Why do they always want a team in LA? They dont care if NO ONE GOES.. The NFL wants the LA audience....

8 million x 8-10 games = 80 million at best. That does not even cover the salaries of the players....

Suite money does... TV money does..... Corp sponsorships do.... All things Buffalo have limited access to... So you are correct.. The sad fact is the outlook for the Bills in Buffalo is not great. Like I said before 1 game vs all 8 is a blessing......

great post. i especially like that last point.

IF the front office can make it work by playing 1 game a year in toronto, then i have no problem with it. even if it IS the miami game.

Buffalo is (unfortunately) lucky to have a team at all at this point. If one game a year, right over the border, keeps the team in buffalo then crack me a brew, hoser.

I agree with you, but my point is this is a BILLS BOARD, not an NFL board. People who post here should have some sensitivity about the situation.

Winner.

This is from Dallas:

Although only the initial phase of season-ticket sales has taken place for the new stadium, Jones seemed rather pleased with the fan response to buying what's being described as the best seats in the house.

"They've been beyond our expectations," Jones said of the ticket sales. "We never thought we would have sold over 200 suites."

In fact, the more than 200 suites sold this past month - starting at $100,000 a year, with a 20-year commitment - has convinced the Cowboys to fill space set aside for potential additional suites with another 100 suites.

So far the Cowboys have sold more than half of the 15,000 designated club seats located on the sidelines of the first two levels, and they only have been available so far to existing season ticket holders. The personal seat licenses for the club seats run between $16,000 and $150,000 per seat, with season tickets costing $340 per game.

In fact, nearly 500 of what's being called Founders All-Access seats, costing $150,000 per seat license, along with the $340 per game ticket, have been sold since they went on sale in November.

New York:

Prime suites at the new Giants-Jets stadium in New Jersey are selling for a cool $1 million a year, three seasons before the new Meadowlands football palace opens, according to the Sports Business Journal.

The Giants-Jets average suite price is "expected to be in the $275,000 to $300,000 range."

A million bucks? That's ten times what they can get at RWS (if not more), and that has far more to do with the lack of Fortune 500 companies in WNY than the team Ralph puts on the field. The Bills could win the next five Super Bowls in a row and still not get any takers at that price.

I agree with you, but my point is this is a BILLS BOARD, not an NFL board. People who post here should have some sensitivity about the situation.

I am and continue to be a Bills fan. Listen, You can be half glass all you want. The Bills got a 5 year extension in Buffalo with this Toronto deal. That is 5 more years of Buffalo Bills football. Yeahhhhh....

Edwards had trouble in cold weather...the Fins suck...what's the problem again?

PTR

I have some sensitivity that we have some idiot fans and a lot of them listen to WGR who would have better fans if they spent more money and got some decent regular personnel.

Next question.

I am and continue to be a Bills fan. Listen, You can be half glass all you want. The Bills got a 5 year extension in Buffalo with this Toronto deal. That is 5 more years of Buffalo Bills football. Yeahhhhh....

That is unless Ralph DIES NEXT WEEK, then all bets are off. Do you really think he will live 5 more years? He may, but I wouldn't bet on it.