PLAYING IN TORONTO REALLY STINKS!

sven233

You know, I haven't really thought much about it until the schedule came out today. I took it at face value that the Bills were just trying to expand their brand and generate more interest.

BUT THEN THE SCHEDULE CAME OUT TODAY......

Everything is just starting to sink in a little bit. We, as DIE-HARD Bills fans are having to give up 1 of just 8 SPECTACULAR EVENTS that happen in this town every year. And for what......so the Bills can make a few more bucks???? Believe what you want, but the fact is that Ralph Wilson is making money hand over fist and his greed is just taking over here. This is a PURE MONEY GRAB.....simple as that. AND THAT STINKS.

The Bills are MAKING MONEY....A LOT OF MONEY. They sell out EVERY GAME as it is. They don't need to create a new fan base. That is a bunch of crap.

IT WOULD HAVE NEVER COME TO THIS IF THEY WOULD HAE JUST PUT A DECENT TEAM ON THE FIELD IN THE LAST DECADE. PEOPLE WILL SPEND MONEY ON A GOOD TEAM AND THE BILLS HAVE NOT BEEN A GOOD TEAM IN A DECADE.

And yet......despite the fact that this organization has put a lousy team out there year in and year out, WE SHOWED UP. How do we get rewarded? By taking away 1 of just 8 Home games.....

Sorry guys, it is all just sinking in here.........PLAYING IN TORONTO STINKS!

It is time for a NEW OWNER to ome in and take this team over (PROVIDING THAT THE OWNER KEEPS THE TEAM IN BUFFALO).

You know, I haven't really thought much about it until the schedule came out today. I took it at face value that the Bills were just trying to expand their brand and generate more interest.

Everything is just starting to sink in a little bit. We, as DIE-HARD Bills fans are having to give up 1 of just 8 SPECTACULAR EVENTS that happen in this town every year. And for what......so the Bills can make a few more bucks???? Believe what you want, but the fact is that Ralph Wilson is making money hand over fist and his greed is just taking over here. This is a PURE MONEY GRAB.....simple as that. AND THAT STINKS.

The Bills are MAKING MONEY....A LOT OF MONEY. They sell out EVERY GAME as it is. They don't need to create a new fan base. That is a bunch of crap.

IT WOULD HAVE NEVER COME TO THIS IF THEY WOULD HAE JUST PUT A DECENT TEAM ON THE FIELD IN THE LAST DECADE. PEOPLE WILL SPEND MONEY ON A GOOD TEAM AND THE BILLS HAVE NOT BEEN A GOOD TEAM IN A DECADE.

And yet......despite the fact that this organization has put a lousy team out there year in and year out, WE SHOWED UP. How do we get rewarded? By taking away 1 of just 8 Home games.....

It is time for a NEW OWNER to ome in and take this team over (PROVIDING THAT THE OWNER KEEPS THE TEAM IN BUFFALO).

You contradict yourself here. You say that the Bills sell out every game yet you also say if they would put a decent team on the field people will spend money. Which is it? It is NOT about ticket sales, it is about other teams like the Cowboys, Jets , and Giants who will be making hundreds of millions of dollars more than the Bills due the prices they can charge for seats and boxes in their new stadiums. No one is saying Wilson is not making money. Others are making so much more.

yea it blows....but what can we do other than beg ralph to sell the team before he bites it?

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. Especially in the next 5 years!

Not only are we giving 1 out of 8 EVENTS this year, but for the next 4 years to follow as well! This is a total sham....

I wish there as somehting that we could do to guarantee this team is here forever.....or at least for the next 75 years, but there really isn't. Unfortunately money talks. And I guess the MILLIONS that they are making now are not enough...they need to make a FEW MILLION MORE. This blows.

You contradict yourself here. You say that the Bills sell out every game yet you also say if they would put a decent team on the field people will spend money. Which is it? It is NOT about ticket sales, it is about other teams like the Cowboys, Jets , and Giants who will be making hundreds of millions of dollars more than the Bills due the prices they can charge for seats and boxes in their new stadiums. No one is saying Wilson is not making money. Others are making so much more.

Actuall....THAT IS MY POINT! The fact is, they are making a TON OF MONEY right now! They would even make MORE MONEY IF THEY PUT A DECENT PROUCT ON THE FIELD! Merchandise, TV contracts, NATIONAL EXPOSURE, etc. would be increased if they would have been better.

BUT THE FACT IS, they are in the MIDDLE OF THE PACK when it comes to revenue already (even being in a small market). It is not like this team is poor and not making money and at the bottom of the league.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. Especially in the next 5 years!

Not only are we giving 1 out of 8 EVENTS this year, but for the next 4 years to follow as well! This is a total sham....

I wish there as somehting that we could do to guarantee this team is here forever.....or at least for the next 75 years, but there really isn't. Unfortunately money talks. And I guess the MILLIONS that they are making now are not enough...they need to make a FEW MILLION MORE. This blows.

The question is how long Ralph has to live. He has said, he will not sell the team while alive, & when he dies it goes to the highest bidder. He does not care if the next owner keeps the team in Buffalo or not. Ralph does not care about Buffalo, or the people who supported his team all these years.

Actuall....THAT IS MY POINT! The fact is, they are making a TON OF MONEY right now! They would even make MORE MONEY IF THEY PUT A DECENT PROUCT ON THE FIELD! Merchandise, TV contracts, NATIONAL EXPOSURE, etc. would be increased if they would have been better.

BUT THE FACT IS, they are in the MIDDLE OF THE PACK when it comes to revenue already (even being in a small market). It is not like this team is poor and not making money and at the bottom of the league.

How does any of this affect TV contracts and national exposure? The TV contracts are already in place and I'm not sure what you mean by more exposure. The NFL is pretty big right now. You make more money by charging more for tickets and suites but you can not do that in Buffalo.

When you look at the amount of revenue going to the players it is not as profitable as you might think.

The only thing that has kept the Bills afloat in Buffalo, NY, is the fact that the team has about zero debt service. I guarantee that if prices for a professional football game at the Rallp were on par with the rest of the league Buffalo could not and would not financially support the team. If I recall correctly there were tons of complaints when they raised parking last year. I can only imagine the outrage from posters like you if the Bills raised tickets to $100+ per game as they probably should.

Also, Footbal is a business, if Mr. Wilson were the CEO of a corporation shareholders would be irate if he did not try to maximize revenue. He should make money it is a business and the numbers to date prove that the Bills in Toronto (as much as I hate to admit it) is a smart business decision.

The Bulldog is on WGR bleeding from his ears over the Fins in Toronto, yet were was the outrage when we couldn't sell out Miami last year? Bills fans look stupid when they look for any slight, real or imagined.

PTR

The Bulldog is on WGR bleeding from his ears over the Fins in Toronto, yet were was the outrage when we couldn't sell out Miami last year? Bills fans look stupid when they look for any slight, real or imagined.

PTR

I thought that was 2 years ago....

Also,

NO DOME!

Better to give up 1 than to give up all 8.....

Buffalo is lucky to have a team. Yell, scream, whatever. It is the truth.

Now that are football team is playing reg season games in Toronto and it is being rumored about that the Bisons are going to be the next triple a team for the BlueJays how does all this feel????

Boy are we gonna here some crap over this...LOL..

PTR

Just seems that most here just want to whine about something.

PTR

That game wasnt sold out..Man hard to believe.. :huh:

How does any of this affect TV contracts and national exposure? The TV contracts are already in place and I'm not sure what you mean by more exposure. The NFL is pretty big right now. You make more money by charging more for tickets and suites but you can not do that in Buffalo.

I'm talking about the entire package and what NATIONAL EXPOSURE gives you.......If you are good, you create new fans, bandwagon fans, etc. In turn, you sell more merchandise among other things.

Lok at NE. Before they were any good, NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT TEAM. They win and all of a sudden they are one of the richest teams in the leagues. It is all a domino effect. You WIN and you will make me money.

PS. You win and get to the PLAYOFFS, that is MORE MONEY RIGHT THERE!