Offical "NO Dome for Miami" Thread

Come on! IF we have to deal with playing one of, if not the, biggest division rival we have in Toronto, we should at the very least not give them comfort and warmth of a nice, 70 degree, candy-ass, environment. I don't see any reason to leave it closed, this is NFL football, and it's not like Canadians aren't used to being cold.

I say NO DOME.

I don't know how we can possibly make that happen, and I don't know why this is such a big deal for me, but I say we must demand that the roof be open at the Rogers Center for that game.

agreed, but i highly doubt the 50k people there who will be paying $200 a seat and drinking their wine coolers and martinis will want to sit in the cold... its just not buffalo football with a dome.

That's the point.

It's bad enough that you fans back there have to travel to Toronto to watch a "home game".

- It's worse because the game that they decided to take away has historically always been our biggest divisional rival.

- It gets even worse because this not only goes against the best interest of the fans, but it also goes against the teams best interest. Why in the world would they voluntarily give away the weather advantage that we've always had by playing this game in a dome? (Especially to a Division rival that is used to playing its games in southern Florida!)

money talks, I guess

That's the point.

It's bad enough that you fans back there have to travel to Toronto to watch a "home game".

- It's worse because the game that they decided to take away has historically always been our biggest divisional rival.

- It gets even worse because this not only goes against the best interest of the fans, but it also goes against the teams best interest. Why in the world would they voluntarily give away the weather advantage that we've always had by playing this game in a dome? (Especially to a Division rival that is used to playing its games in southern Florida!)

money talks, I guess

Maybe we all need to boycott the San Francisco game?

Come on! IF we have to deal with playing one of, if not the, biggest division rival we have in Toronto, we should at the very least not give them comfort and warmth of a nice, 70 degree, candy-ass, environment. I don't see any reason to leave it closed, this is NFL football, and it's not like Canadians aren't used to being cold.

I say NO DOME.

I don't know how we can possibly make that happen, and I don't know why this is such a big deal for me, but I say we must demand that the roof be open at the Rogers Center for that game.

I dont know about you but i love getting dome <_<

agreed, but i highly doubt the 50k people there who will be paying $200 a seat and drinking their wine coolers and martinis will want to sit in the cold... its just not buffalo football with a dome.

Plus our QB from the whine country will have to wear gloves without his precious dome.

That's the point.

money talks, I guess

Add to that that you can't have an open flame or drink alcohol in public in Canada. Also, there is no parking around teh stadium, so you have to walk at least a half of a mile. I love the city of Toronto, but this represents everything that is wrong with the NFL.

I can't beleive we don't get to watch the Bills squish the fish in Orchard Park. I'm Canadian, and a Season Ticket Holder, and I hate this. They should have made it either the Niners or Seahawks, not our biggest rival. I know this thread is about the dome, but I need to vent.

Actually, the possibility of this happening seems to be up to the Bills:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...heref-headlines

An hour and 30 minutes before each game played in a stadium with a retractable roof, the home team announces whether or not the roof will be open or closed. A team could leave the roof open during inclement weather in order to slow down an opponent. However, there is a special ruling that allows the game referee to order the roof closed under extreme weather conditions. Once the roof is closed, either before the game or during the game, it cannot be opened.

-Bill

I get the feeling the dome decision will have plenty of influence from Toronto and the Rogers people. They're the ones who will probably have the final say. And if those richer Toronto fans make a fuss...

What can we do to spread the word?

An hour and 30 minutes before each game played in a stadium with a retractable roof, the home team announces whether or not the roof will be open or closed. A team could leave the roof open during inclement weather in order to slow down an opponent. However, there is a special ruling that allows the game referee to order the roof closed under extreme weather conditions. Once the roof is closed, either before the game or during the game, it cannot be opened.

Using the conjunction that Ralph will decide if the dome remains open...

I get the feeling the dome decision will have plenty of influence from Toronto and the Rogers people. They're the ones who will probably have the final say. And if those richer Toronto fans make a fuss...(and pony up some loonies for the RWS legacy fund) ...

I get the feeling the dome decision will have plenty of influence from Toronto and the Rogers people.

I'd be shocked if the Toronto people didn't win that right in the negotiations and include it in the contract.

Whatever they do, they need to announce it plenty early enough so us fans can dress accordingly. I mean, what's the sense in painting up our chests if it is going to an indoor game?

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Maybe but I have a bad feeling about them...Shred and Regan had some Canadian fans on complaing they paid so much if they want the roof open so be it...they yelled at them...callers yelled at them...funny stuff...but not so funny when Miami comes up in December in a climate controlled dome...we need a mole on the inside at Rogers...anyone have a Canadian relative?