I need a vacation

The Tomcat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to Dollywood, the Smoky Mountain National Park is one of the most visited, if you like all that nature crap. The Blue Ridge Mountains and Appalachian Trail aren't too far away either. It is a bit of a haul for a long weekend though. I think the Sundowner is probably the best choice.

I hear Camden is nice this time of year. :thumbsup:

It may be a little farther than you want to drive (slightly outside of the 5hr spec), but Philly has a bunch if historical-type stuff for the kiddies.

In addition to Dollywood, the Smoky Mountain National Park is one of the most visited, if you like all that nature crap. The Blue Ridge Mountains and Appalachian Trail aren't too far away either. It is a bit of a haul for a long weekend though. I think the Sundowner is probably the best choice.

Isn't there some big space museum in Tenn also? (too lazy to look it up)

You're probably thinking about the one in Huntsville Alabama. Great place if you happen to be in Huntsville but in about 2 hours the kids will be bored and in about 3 hours so will you.

And Huntsville is about the most boring US city i ever visited... Only interesting things in that area: the Shiloh Battlefield and the Jack Daniel's distillery. Well in fact the road from the blues bars of Memphis to the Chatanooga battlefield via Shiloh and Lynchburg makes a nice trip.

And Huntsville is about the most boring US city i ever visited... Only interesting things in that area: the Shiloh Battlefield and the Jack Daniel's distillery. Well in fact the road from the blues bars of Memphis to the Chatanooga battlefield via Shiloh and Lynchburg makes a nice trip.

Agree about Huntsville. And it's too far for our Buffalo based roaming gnome anyway.

The Cincinnati Redlegs are in town Friday, Saturday, & Sunday for a series vs. the Brewers.

Much like the others though, Kings Island will be not open until next month. Plenty of other stuff to do in Cincy - ~400 miles from Orchard Park.

The Cincinnati Redlegs are in town Friday, Saturday, & Sunday for a series vs. the Brewers.

Much like the others though, Kings Island will be not open until next month. Plenty of other stuff to do in Cincy - ~400 miles from Orchard Park.

Like go to the tittie bars in Kentucky. Like eat at the restaurants on the river in Kentucky.

Hell just go to Kentucky.

Williamsburg is good, but a fairly long drive. Kings Dominion is open on weekends, a little north of richmond. probably better rides than BG, but nothing else there to do. Golf and restaurants in Williamsburg are all good.

DC is an option as well, there is the park over in Maryland that maybe open on weekends, I forget whats its called. but catch a Nats game, Caps are in the playoffs, Wizard basketball, plus you have the monuments. Supposed to be in the 80s by the weekend.

The pope is in DC (as am I on business) and traffic is expected to be worse than usual . . . Normally, I'd say DC cuz ecerything cool is free, but not this week . . .

You're probably thinking about the one in Huntsville Alabama. Great place if you happen to be in Huntsville but in about 2 hours the kids will be bored and in about 3 hours so will you.

That's the one. I remember driving by it on the highway, but did not have time to stop.

Heres what I think were going to do....

Leave Thurs to Gettysburg, hit that Fri, travel to DC Fri Evening (popes gone) at a Relatives house who works at the Pentagon (Who was out of his office on Sept 11th!) til Sunday where we'll head up to Phili to a friends for a Genos AND Pats along with a Phili's game Sunday evening back to home Monday! (extreme run on)

Sounds good for a last minute affair. stay for free in DC and Phili.....

Good times....Good times

Heres what I think were going to do....

Leave Thurs to Gettysburg, hit that Fri, travel to DC Fri Evening (popes gone) at a Relatives house who works at the Pentagon (Who was out of his office on Sept 11th!) til Sunday where we'll head up to Phili to a friends for a Genos AND Pats along with a Phili's game Sunday evening back to home Monday! (extreme run on)

Sounds good for a last minute affair. stay for free in DC and Phili.....

Good times....Good times

That looks like an awesome week end!

If you like artcraft remember Gettysburg is more or less in the middle of amish country. You can stop at one of their shops...

And if you like more history places, Antietam and Harper's Ferry are great places to see on your way south to DC from Gettysburg.

who do the Phillies play sunday?

That looks like an awesome week end!

If you like artcraft remember Gettysburg is more or less in the middle of amish country. You can stop at one of their shops...

And if you like more history places, Antietam and Harper's Ferry are great places to see on your way south to DC from Gettysburg.

who do the Phillies play sunday?

The Mets....could be hard to get tic's but my buddy's got connections......(we'll see today when I talk to him)