I need a vacation

The Tomcat

I'll save the back story but I'm looking to go on vaction this Thurs-Sunday....

there's myself, wife and 2 boys 14,11.

I want to drive somewhere to spend a couple/three days somewhere within 4-5 hrs from Buffalo.

Please....if someone has some ideas please help me.

We'd like to go somewhere south (of Buffalo not in Fl) Are amusement parks open anywhere?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Cedar point, but it doesnt open for the season until may. Kenneywood in pittsburgh is a decent park, but again, not sure when it opens. Or you could try hershey park/ Gettysburg. That way you can get both the park and the civil war stuff there is to do (if history is your thing)

I'd say Cedar point, but it doesnt open for the season until may. Kenneywood in pittsburgh is a decent park, but again, not sure when it opens. Or you could try hershey park/ Gettysburg. That way you can get both the park and the civil war stuff there is to do (if history is your thing)

Cedar Point and Hershey Park don't open till May.

Bush Gardens in Williamsburg is open for business. :lol::lol:

But...8-10 hour drive. :thumbsup::P:lol:

They're only open Friday/Saturday/Sunday till the last week in May.

Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown Battlefield, Mount Vernon, Monticello etc. are always open, if you enjoy History.

Well, since my previous ideas sucked, you could always do a 3 day 2 city tour. Go to pittsburgh 1 day, do the carnegie-mellon science museum, maybe catch a ball game, then go to cleveland and do the rock n roll HOF and maybe a ball game. Along the way, you can stop at the NFL HOF as well.

Williamsburg is good, but a fairly long drive. Kings Dominion is open on weekends, a little north of richmond. probably better rides than BG, but nothing else there to do. Golf and restaurants in Williamsburg are all good.

DC is an option as well, there is the park over in Maryland that maybe open on weekends, I forget whats its called. but catch a Nats game, Caps are in the playoffs, Wizard basketball, plus you have the monuments. Supposed to be in the 80s by the weekend.

I'll save the back story but I'm looking to go on vaction this Thurs-Sunday....

there's myself, wife and 2 boys 14,11.

I want to drive somewhere to spend a couple/three days somewhere within 4-5 hrs from Buffalo.

Please....if someone has some ideas please help me.

We'd like to go somewhere south (of Buffalo not in Fl) Are amusement parks open anywhere?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

Two suggestions.

Hersey Park in Hersey PA. Nice amusment park, some cool rides. Also you can tour the chocolate factory. Good times.

My other suggestion is about 5 1/2 to 6 hours away. Washington DC. There is a TON to do there, and it is all free. Museums, momuments, etc are all free, no price for admission. All you have to pay is gas, lodging and food.