NFL.com's Pat Kirwan rates the top TEs in draft

I like Martellus Bennett and Kellen Davis the best for the Bills. I am hoping we can get one of those two in the third round. My tentative first 3 round guess is-

1-Devin Thomas

2-Pat Sims

3-Kellen Davis

Dustin Keller is very solid too. I would be ok with that

I like Martellus Bennett and Kellen Davis the best for the Bills. I am hoping we can get one of those two in the third round. My tentative first 3 round guess is-

1-Devin Thomas

2-Pat Sims

3-Kellen Davis

I would be very happy with that if u substitute a corner such as Cason, Flowers or Terrell Thomas for Sims...I think CB is a bigger need at this point than DT.

1-Devin Thomas

2-Pat Sims

3-Kellen Davis

Not sure we need to look at DT in round 2. I have this feeling McCargo and Williams will be better this year.

1-Devin Thomas

2-Pat Sims

3-Kellen Davis

wowzer, more of a 5th-7th guy to me

wowzer, more of a 5th-7th guy to me

I think 3rd round sounds right for Davis.

I we have a lot of picks in this draft and i would really like to see us do some manuvering (if possible) and use some latter round picks to move up into earlier rounds

Drafting Harvey with the 11th

Moving up into the latter first or earlier second for a wideout that perhaps is dropping to fill the 2nd wideout position (what would it take....our second and perhaps our 4th?

Take Kellen Davis with our 3rd rounder

I we have a lot of picks in this draft and i would really like to see us do some manuvering (if possible) and use some latter round picks to move up into earlier rounds

Moving up into the latter first or earlier second for a wideout that perhaps is dropping to fill the 2nd wideout position (what would it take....our second and perhaps our 4th?

Davis is a good pass rusher too. He played some DE too last year

NFL.com Draft's Top Tight Ends

I like Purdue's Keller - he's fast, strong, runs good routes, and has a great feel for the ball

I do also. The 6'2 is a bit hard because we have no end zone targets as it is. Plus.. 6'2 is the shortest TE ever. But man he is a very good and smart athlete, who ever ends up with him gets something special.

(he's built like a linebacker though, wonder why he doesn't play LB)

That plan sounds picture perfect to me. At this point, thats what I'm both hoping and expecting they'll do.

move = in motion

in-line = lined up on the OL

ahh ok so when they say Carlson is a move TE then theyre saying its best for him to allready in motion b4 the ball is snapped so he's allready started his route and dosent need to jam or get jammed by the DE...hmm seems most of the TE's comeing out this year are move TE's...according to Kirwin none of these TE's can be #1's except Davis and maybe Keller...

this leads me to ask .... do we need a #1 TE?...can Royal be the in-line TE while Rucker or Carlson is the move TE?..dose anybody see us going 2 TE sets often?...dose it look like we need to go Davis in the second or bust?...

ok I dont know much about the techy stuff...whats a move TE and an in-line TE?

I really like your mock draft. I would be ecstatic if that were our draft.

Draft:

1- DE - Derrick Harvey - Florida - 6' 4" 271

2- WR - Early Doucet - L.S.U. - 6' 209

3- TE - John Carlson - Notre Dame - 6' 5" 255

4a- CB - Chevis Jackson - L.S.U. - 6' 192

4b- FB - Owen Schmitt - West Virginia - 6' 2" 247

5- OG/OT - Chad Rinehart - Northern Iowa - 6' 5" 320

6- C/OG - Jamey Richard - Buffalo - 6' 5" 295

7a- CB - Zack Bowman - Nebraska - 6' 197

7b- QB - Kyle Wright - Miami (FL) - 6' 4" 220

7c- OLB - Angelo Craig - Cincinnati - 6' 4" 252

6. Kellen Davis, Michigan State

Height: 6-6 Weight: 262

College stats: 22 starts, 60 receptions, 9 TDs

Vital numbers: 4.60 40-yard dash

Davis is a former basketball player with size, speed and athletic ability. He has some off-the-field issues and some work ethic questions. He was easy to spot on the practice fields at the Senior Bowl as one of the best athletes in pads. There is risk and reward in this decision. His skill set reminds me of Jerramy Stevens. His contract should be structured to make him earn the big money and hold the carrot out in front of him until he proves he's a pro. He can also rush the passer as a defensive end, which makes him even more intriguing. He would be a big addition to a team such as Buffalo, but Dick Jauron isn't the type to ignore the off-the-field stuff. Draft projection: Rounds 3-4 (though some teams wouldn't draft him in any round

what do you think Kirwan as saying here?..is he sending Buffalo a message of some kind?...I cant tell if hes putting this player down or putting Jauron down....what you think?...is he saying Jauron should take this guy?