100k sing up for bills tickets for all 8 games, is that a

...with regard to the doom and gloom crowd's "the Bills are moving to Toronto" prediction?

...with regard to the Bills getting some predictable and significant revenue so that they can afford to take extra chances on players?

...with regard to the NFL seeing this and doing something positive/negative regarding the Bills? a new franchise in Toronto?

I can see a lot of angles here and many make sense, I'd like hear what you see and what you think it means.

It is nothing until they put there money down. The Pittsburgh preseason was scheduled to help their sales pitch but I do not think Toronto will get all of the best fruit on the tree and those games will be harder to sell at the high prices they plan on selling them at.

It is a good thing as I see it.The Bills are in need of revenue to keep up with the Jones' and the Snyders'.If letting a couple of games go north of the border keeps this franchise in Buffalo until the city can turn around its economic situation than I say it is a very good thing.

Unless you are part of the crowd that sees this as the begining of the end for Buffalo than it is a very bad thing.But I don't see the Bills leaving Buffalo so why worry about it.It will all get worked out and the Bills will be stronger for the fan support up north.

When Ralph passes on the new ownership will see if played right how profitable the Bills can be without moving them to a new city.I don't see the problem

Frankly there is no point is worrying about it. I, for one, think a move is inevitable. I would rather see some kind of orderly transition that still involves a few home games in Buffalo, than the franchise moving to L.A. Those of you waiting for Jim Kelly or Tom Golisano to ride in on a white horse will be disappointed.

In the meantime if the Bills can be competitive for a few years in Buffalo because of the influx of loonies, then I say enjoy it.

PTR

Frankly there is no point is worrying about it. I, for one, think a move is inevitable. I would rather see some kind of orderly transition that still involves a few home games in Buffalo, than the franchise moving to L.A. Those of you waiting for Jim Kelly or Tom Golisano to ride in on a white horse will be disappointed.

In the meantime if the Bills can be competitive for a few years in Buffalo because of the influx of loonies, then I say enjoy it.

PTR

Just curious, why do you say this? Both Golisano and Kelly have voiced publicly their interest in the Bills. Between them, I think they could probably arrange the financing. Not Jimbo on his own obviously, but possibly as a figurehead for a minority ownership interest.

RTB

Just curious, why do you say this? Both Golisano and Kelly have voiced publicly their interest in the Bills. Between them, I think they could probably arrange the financing. Not Jimbo on his own obviously, but possibly as a figurehead for a minority ownership interest.

RTB

Here's why: Golisano? Look at how he runs the Sabres. If he's pinching pennies with an NHL franchise. How is he going to afford an NFL team? We'll be wishing for the free-spending days of Ralph Wilson.

Kelly????? Get real. The guy has nowhere near the cash. Can he cobble together a group of rich friends? Perhaps, but I doubt it. And besides, the NFL won't allow it unless one person is the clear majority owner, and that still means one very rich dude. You have to also remember Jim Kelly has a history of flapping his gums.

The bottom line, literally, is this: Who wants to spend nearly a billion dollars for a franchise in a region that has no hope of economic viability?

Hey, if people here feel better posting how the Bills will never leave, blah blah blah, knock yourselves out. Me? I'm realistic. I believe the end result will be some sort of sharing of the Bills. Keep them "The Bills". Play 3 maybe 4 games at RWS. The rest in Toronto. This way, the NFL can save some face by saying they didn't abandon a heritage market, while getting a team into a sexy market flush with cash. Will it suck? Yes. But after the shock wears off, people will get used to it. The Bills will be sold out and on TV every week. And if they are good, people will get excited.

PTR