Good News for Sabres fans...

ans4e64

Gerbe is the new St. Louis. His 3rd goal on the pp was so pretty, I've loved watching him at BC and can;t wait to see him tearing it up in Buffalo in a few years. Orpik is the man, too, I didn't know he was a Sabres pick. This game isn't over yet, though..... :D

This is the best I've seen BC look all year. Gerbe was on a mission today. Here's hopin they keep it up for Saturday. I'm gonna stick around for the Michigan-ND game, too. Hopefully it will be a little more exciting. I haven't seen a team better than Michigan all year, but ND's been looking good in the playoffs. Still, I'm goin with Michigan.

Gerbe is the new St. Louis. His 3rd goal on the pp was so pretty, I've loved watching him at BC and can;t wait to see him tearing it up in Buffalo in a few years. Orpik is the man, too, I didn't know he was a Sabres pick. This game isn't over yet, though..... :cry:

Gerbe makes St. Louis look like Chara. Dude is tiny.

his behind the net, between his legs backwards, to the front of the net for the put away pass was ridiculous.

cant wait to see this kid at HSBC

every time he's near the puck its a scoring opportunity that he makes happen

That was great awareness on Gerbe's part, but the goal itself was a lucky deflection. Gerbe's goal where he just laid out and tapped it through, the second goal of the game, was phenomenal. The guy's got such great ice awareness and has no problem skating against guys half a foot and 50 lbs. bigger than him. What a game, what a year for BC. I hope Gerbe sticks around for one more year, earns the Hobey (which he would've gotten if he didn't go ice cold for the last 7 or so games of the regular season- but Porter was fantastic this year, too, much deserved), brings BC a repeat, and then goes on to bring the Cup to Buffalo.

• 4 weeks later...

Sabres Sign Gerbe

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Defenseman Nathan Gerbe. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Gerbe helped Boston College win the NCAA Championship over Notre Dame this season. The Junior was the runner-up for the Hobey Baker award for best Collegiate player. Gerbe had 5 goals and 3 assists in the Frozen Four.

Sabres Sign Gerbe

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Defenseman Nathan Gerbe. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Gerbe helped Boston College win the NCAA Championship over Notre Dame this season. The Junior was the runner-up for the Hobey Baker award for best Collegiate player. Gerbe had 5 goals and 3 assists in the Frozen Four.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Little more on the signing:

LINK

"As of yesterday, we really weren't sure which way it was going to go," said Jordan Neumann, Gerbe's agent. "We really had a flurry in the late afternoon."

The 20-year-old Gerbe told The News last week he was "50-50" on whether to turn pro or finish school. But he held his own during his first stint with NHL-level talent, and that may have convinced him to make the jump. He trained with the United States' world championship team, and he had a goal and an assist during an exhibition against Sweden.

"Toward the end of the year [with Boston College] and during his time with the World Championship team he really felt he was ready to go," Neumann added.

Sabres Sign Gerbe

Nice article about him in the Buffalo News today...