• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred Davis is faster than Kelly!!!

Davis ran a 4.68 and 4.69

Kelly 4.75 and 4.68

Let's just forget Kelly. We take Harvey at #11 and take a WR in round 2. There will be one or two and if Kelly is there we take him! How would that look..... Harvey and Kelly!!!!!

Kelly 4.75 and 4.68

Let's just forget Kelly. We take Harvey at #11 and take a WR in round 2. There will be one or two and if Kelly is there we take him! How would that look..... Harvey and Kelly!!!!!

If I wouldn't take Kelly in R1 based on a 40 time, I wouldn't take him in R2, either. Taking him one round later won't suddenly make him fast enough to play.

If his times continue to hold up until the draft, I think he'll drop into R3-4 territory, right around where the 'projects' start coming off the board. Myself, I think I'd just draft someone else.

If I wouldn't take Kelly in R1 based on a 40 time, I wouldn't take him in R2, either. Taking him one round later won't suddenly make him fast enough to play.

If his times continue to hold up until the draft, I think he'll drop into R3-4 territory, right around where the 'projects' start coming off the board. Myself, I think I'd just draft someone else.

but he's really really tall.

and 40 times are overrated-

Lack of footspeed is actually a benefit -- with no footspeed, teams will not bother covering him.

He will be dynamite as a pro receiver. :thumbsup:

but he's really really tall.

and 40 times are overrated-

Lack of footspeed is actually a benefit -- with no footspeed, teams will not bother covering him.

He will be dynamite as a pro receiver. :thumbsup:

No separation though. I mean I suppose he could just stand upright and KE could throw balls to his upstretched hands...

I hafta believe the #1 is going to be a corner or a move down now. Unless an Ellis falls in our laps.

DRC round 1, WR (Hardy or the ilk) in rd 2, Flowers in rd 3 since he ran for crap as well. After that I dunno who I want. if Kelly drops like a rock ( which I suspect he might) I'd be interested in 3rd round or later.

Let's face it...Bills will not pick Kelly at #11 nor will they pick Hardy at #11 due to character issues (too many to mention)...Sweed is a reach at #11 and the only WR Bills may consider is Devin Thomas and he'd be too high at #11...So, I actually see the Bills either trading down or picking for value - T Chris Williams, CB McKelvin, T Otah (remember the last time we picked a Pitt OL in the 1st Round), or someone who slips unexpectedly to us (Sedrick Ellis)

Great idea, lets shell out massive cash to depth!

Otah upgrade to Butler and eventual successor to Walker

Merling/Harvey - Better than Kelsay/Denney

We upgrade at important positions and create depth with palyers that have experience. Also, they may be the best players available at that point.

Word down here is that he also got into it with the coaching staff in front of the scouts. Apparently, he is not happy with them. He didn't like the surface that was run on. The local sports talk guy also mentioned that the Bills staff spent a lot of time with Kelly after the workout trying to convince him it wasn't that big of a deal.

Word down here is that he also got into it with the coaching staff in front of the scouts. Apparently, he is not happy with them. He didn't like the surface that was run on. The local sports talk guy also mentioned that the Bills staff spent a lot of time with Kelly after the workout trying to convince him it wasn't that big of a deal.

That *might* be very interesting.

Its too bad that more Sooners didn't run at the combine so we could see if the entire group ran poorly compared to their times at Indy. CB Marcus Walker did, in fact, run about .2 slower today than at his combine workout, so it might be something worth checking into.

Kelly 4.75 and 4.68

So he's a lousy 1st round pick but a great 2nd round pick........not in my book. This guy is a 3rd rounder. Any earlier and I'll be surprised and pissed. There are better options at WR and other positions.

Let's face it...Bills will not pick Kelly at #11 nor will they pick Hardy at #11 due to character issues (too many to mention)...Sweed is a reach at #11 and the only WR Bills may consider is Devin Thomas and he'd be too high at #11...So, I actually see the Bills either trading down or picking for value - T Chris Williams, CB McKelvin, T Otah (remember the last time we picked a Pitt OL in the 1st Round), or someone who slips unexpectedly to us (Sedrick Ellis)

I love this. Keyboard GM's making definitive statements on reaches and value from the comfort of their homes. "he'd be too high at 11... ." How the hell do you know that?

That *might* be very interesting.

Its too bad that more Sooners didn't run at the combine so we could see if the entire group ran poorly compared to their times at Indy. CB Marcus Walker did, in fact, run about .2 slower today than at his combine workout, so it might be something worth checking into.

I agree but Lofton shaved about one second off his time at OU's pro day. It was held on a surface that is closer to what is run at the combine and most NFL surfaces. It is the same surface OU has run on the past several testing so it shouldn't have been a surprise to Kelly.

Kelly claimed he ran a 4.5 ont he surface as a freshman and OU's strength coach backed that up.

I love this. Keyboard GM's making definitive statements on reaches and value from the comfort of their homes. "he'd be too high at 11... ." How the hell do you know that?

Pretty much everyone knows that.

No separation though. I mean I suppose he could just stand upright and KE could throw balls to his upstretched hands...

Even in the films against college competition there is no separation. He does catch the ball though.