finally Stroud is in the OTA workouts!

Stroud showed up to the workouts today and that makes me like him just that much more! It shows that he wants to be in Buffalo,help win football games here, and get back to Pro Bowl form,so now i fully expect a big year out of Stroud who could end up being my favorite Bills player!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 ? is Kawika Mitchell at the OTAs?

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Stroud showed up to the workouts today and that makes me like him just that much more! It shows that he wants to be in Buffalo,help win football games here, and get back to Pro Bowl form,so now i fully expect a big year out of Stroud who could end up being my favorite Bills player!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

It's about time. This has been going on for two weeks.

Yeah Kawika is in town for the OTAs. At least I would assume so. He dined at the establishment where I work last week so I would imagine he'd be attending the workouts. I didn't get the chance to meet him, but supposedly he was a real cool, laid back guy.

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

Are you related to LSI Cadets?

And was he smoking?

My bestfriend "partied" with Mitchell at USF. He was dating a friends sister at the time, said he was kind of arrogant but wasnt a d--k head. He told me he didnt drink but also didnt pass on the grass.

My bestfriend "partied" with Mitchell at USF. He was dating a friends sister at the time, said he was kind of arrogant but wasnt a d--k head. He told me he didnt drink but also didnt pass on the grass.

Worst post ever

It's annoying that fans and media alike get all uppity when players don't show for OTA's. It's VOLUNTARY. People automatically assume that players aren't dedicated if they don't show.

A vast majority of players who make NFL teams are in shape year round. A few bad apples like the Shawn Rogers or Mike Williams of the word get blown up by fans and the media. It's players like those who make people think the OTA's is bang or bust. I think it's stupid.

If veterans of the NFL don't show for OTA's i really don't care. It's their choice. If they can keep themself in shape and understand the X's and O's by the end of training camp then it's good for them.

I mean common the Bills of the 90's didn't have all this crap and still won Football games.

It's annoying that fans and media alike get all uppity when players don't show for OTA's. It's VOLUNTARY. People automatically assume that players aren't dedicated if they don't show.

A vast majority of players who make NFL teams are in shape year round. A few bad apples like the Shawn Rogers or Mike Williams of the word get blown up by fans and the media. It's players like those who make people think the OTA's is bang or bust. I think it's stupid.

If veterans of the NFL don't show for OTA's i really don't care. It's their choice. If they can keep themself in shape and understand the X's and O's by the end of training camp then it's good for them.

I mean common the Bills of the 90's didn't have all this crap and still won Football games.

I disagree about the OTAs. Take this year -- QB and RB are still just second-year players, they'll have at least one new WR (potentially a starter), different OC, at least two new starters on D. The more time they spend working together (especially on the offensive playbook), the better.

The offseason conditioning program (which this is, as noted above), not so much. Would it be nice if everyone was here to, I dunno, build team spirit in the weight room? Yeah, I guess, but these guys are supposed to be able to stay in shape on their own.

I disagree about the OTAs. Take this year -- QB and RB are still just second-year players, they'll have at least one new WR (potentially a starter), different OC, at least two new starters on D. The more time they spend working together (especially on the offensive playbook), the better.

The offseason conditioning program (which this is, as noted above), not so much. Would it be nice if everyone was here to, I dunno, build team spirit in the weight room? Yeah, I guess, but these guys are supposed to be able to stay in shape on their own.

Thanks, saved me a lot of typing. I would reinforce the building camaraderie is very important for on field success, IMO. Being there shows a commitment to winning. Seeing the trainers and working with the coaches sets things up for the season too.

I don't care if they are there or not. It's voluntary. I never said that being there getting team spirit doesn't help. It's also a good place for young players to get farther along to have a impact sooner. I never said it was bad. I just don't like the poor judgments that Fans and Media alike give players if they don't show. People are labeled as not caring or a Cancer to the team. Whatever fits the posters or author's mood that day.

I remember Steve Fairchild state one time that he couldn't make more plays for Willis Mcgahee in the passing game because he wasn't at OTA's. I think it's a rediculus that he couldn't do such a thing and reflects on how poor of a coach he was.

Besides there is a huge difference between a guy who has been in the league for 2 years and a guy who has been in the league 5+ years. People also need to understand that physically everyone is different. Ross Tucker who used to play with the bills said on Sirius that he used to room with Josh Stamer. Josh would eat pizza, and snickers bars all the time and still seem to get more ripped. Ross said he had to eat Rice and Chicken to not get fat.

I have always viewed the OTA's a place for the players to work out in a controlled setting. There is someone their to help them with their eating habits and weight training. Some people just need the extra help. It's like having after school Study' Halls or meeting with teachers for some extra help. that is what the OTA's were built for. Nowadays the NFL teams have basically made them Mandatory by using this time for playbook installation, film study, position meetings etc... It's come to the point where players in contract disputes use the OTA's as a bargaining chip. The whole i will not show for OTA's if you don't extend my contract. The only reason why it became a bargaining chip is because of how MANDATORY they have become.

I second the camaraderie motion. New players, especially lineman on either sides of the ball really need to gel with the guys playing next to them. I WOULD however point out that these guys are also uprooting their lives and moving to a new place and we should cut them a LITTLE slack and give them time. I'm not sure about Stroud, Johnson and Mitchell but for some guys that includes moving their families to a new community so I mean, just be aware of that.

Uh oh......he didn't by any chance have bloodshot eyes & act a little paranoid as well did he? :w00t:

No, that was me......

And I don't know what he ordered. Generally when the Bills come in they tend to get the same type of stuff. Usually they order an appetizer (grilled chicken, sushi-style dishes, rarely unhealthy stuff. Let me correct myself, everything at my job is fairly unhealthy but they choose the least offensive foods to a well-conditioned body that they can). They tend to gobble apps in record time, Ryan Neufeld killed his appetizer and most of his wife's before i could even come back to ask how the food was. Also, I can't recall a Bill ever ordering Dessert.

Guys who I've waited on include: Peerless, Fowler, Neufeld, Brad Butler, Haggan, DiGiorgio, Stamer and Dwayne Wright.

Ive also seen: McGee, Schobel, Roscoe, Jim Kelly, OL coach Ray Brown(who asked for directions to the stadium) and former GM Donahoe in there.

I don't care if they are there or not. It's voluntary. I never said that being there getting team spirit doesn't help. It's also a good place for young players to get farther along to have a impact sooner. I never said it was bad. I just don't like the poor judgments that Fans and Media alike give players if they don't show. People are labeled as not caring or a Cancer to the team. Whatever fits the posters or author's mood that day.

I remember Steve Fairchild state one time that he couldn't make more plays for Willis Mcgahee in the passing game because he wasn't at OTA's. I think it's a rediculus that he couldn't do such a thing and reflects on how poor of a coach he was.

Besides there is a huge difference between a guy who has been in the league for 2 years and a guy who has been in the league 5+ years. People also need to understand that physically everyone is different. Ross Tucker who used to play with the bills said on Sirius that he used to room with Josh Stamer. Josh would eat pizza, and snickers bars all the time and still seem to get more ripped. Ross said he had to eat Rice and Chicken to not get fat.

I have always viewed the OTA's a place for the players to work out in a controlled setting. There is someone their to help them with their eating habits and weight training. Some people just need the extra help. It's like having after school Study' Halls or meeting with teachers for some extra help. that is what the OTA's were built for. Nowadays the NFL teams have basically made them Mandatory by using this time for playbook installation, film study, position meetings etc... It's come to the point where players in contract disputes use the OTA's as a bargaining chip. The whole i will not show for OTA's if you don't extend my contract. The only reason why it became a bargaining chip is because of how MANDATORY they have become.

Again: OTAs and "offseason conditioning" are two different things. Teams are prohibited from on-the-field stuff during the conditioning program, and OTAs don't begin until the middle of May.