ProFootballWeekly:Sources say Walsh has nothing and he regrets allu

From their "The Way We Hear It" page:

Quote:

Patriots aren't alone in wanting 'Spygate' controversy to be over with

“So, I assume you guys want to talk about the ‘force out’ rule?” That was Patriots coach Bill Belichick’s opening line to the throng of reporters who gathered to talk to him at the league’s meeting in Florida this week, a joke used to make light of the “Spygate” situation that was obviously the most pressing issue on the media members’ minds. But as one team source told us, Belichick’s opening quip and generally upbeat mood was indicative of his belief that not only does he have nothing to hide regarding the allegations that the Patriots taped a walk-through before their Super Bowl XXXVI victory over the Rams, but that he’s getting the sense that most league types are similarly sick of the issue. The source also told us that he highly doubts former cameraman Matt Walsh will speak out on the matter. Walsh has insinuated that he knows something shady about the Patriots’ practices, although we hear that, at this point, Walsh is regretting being a bit loose-lipped in a smattering of interviews with a couple of media outlets a few months ago. Now, Walsh, who works as an assistant golf pro in Hawaii and has a wife and baby, wants this saga to be over with so he can get on with his life. According to a source, reports that he’s grandstanding for attention are utterly erroneous.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...It/default.htm

So PFW's sources tell them that 1] He has nothing, 2] he wants full immunity just so this thing can go away, but 3] he's not grandstanding?

Umm... my sources tell me that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And my sources tell me that he can make the thing go away this afternoon by saying, "I don't have tapes, or anything worthwhile."

And my sources tell me that if a guy says he has something, and isn't grandstanding, he has something.

So PFW's sources tell them that 1] He has nothing, 2] he wants full immunity just so this thing can go away, but 3] he's not grandstanding?

And my sources tell me that he can make the thing go away this afternoon by saying, "I don't have tapes, or anything worthwhile."

And my sources tell me that if a guy says he has something, and isn't grandstanding, he has something.

My bet Kraft's attorneys are making life uncomfortable for Walsh, with the promise to turn the heat up even more if he spills the beans. The bad guys win again.

PTR

Quote:

“So, I assume you guys want to talk about the ‘force out’ rule?” That was Patriots coach Bill Belichick’s opening line to the throng of reporters who gathered to talk to him at the league’s meeting in Florida this week, a joke used to make light of the “Spygate” situation that was obviously the most pressing issue on the media members’ minds. But as one team source told us, Belichick’s opening quip and generally upbeat mood was indicative of his belief that not only does he have nothing to hide regarding the allegations that the Patriots taped a walk-through before their Super Bowl XXXVI victory over the Rams, but that he’s getting the sense that most league types are similarly sick of the issue. The source also told us that he highly doubts former cameraman Matt Walsh will speak out on the matter. Walsh has insinuated that he knows something shady about the Patriots’ practices, although we hear that, at this point, Walsh is regretting being a bit loose-lipped in a smattering of interviews with a couple of media outlets a few months ago. Now, Walsh, who works as an assistant golf pro in Hawaii and has a wife and baby, wants this saga to be over with so he can get on with his life. According to a source, reports that he’s grandstanding for attention are utterly erroneous.

jeez, ya think?

My bet Kraft's attorneys are making life uncomfortable for Walsh, with the promise to turn the heat up even more if he spills the beans. The bad guys win again.

PTR

Or, Kraft's attorney's are going to make very comfortable for Walsh. What are the odds that Kraft may try to buy the tapes or pay Walsh to shut up? Don't you think that Kraft would offer this guy a million bucks to forget that this silly incident ever happened?

I don't care what happens. The Pats* will forever be known as cheating scum.

Or, Kraft's attorney's are going to make very comfortable for Walsh. What are the odds that Kraft may try to buy the tapes or pay Walsh to shut up? Don't you think that Kraft would offer this guy a million bucks to forget that this silly incident ever happened?

I don't care what happens. The Pats* will forever be known as cheating scum.

*and 1. <_<

Quote:

Isn't your title misleading--there's nothing in here about a source saying he has nothing. There's conjecture that Walsh no longer is as eager to step forward, but that's nowhere near the same as implying that he has nothing. As noted above, he may certainly be feeling pressure not just from Kraft but the League itself that he will get put through the holy ringer for coming forward. How soon they all forget that the NFL's first reaction to Walsh's story was to send an ex-FBI guy to start snooping around Walsh, not the Pats*. That really tells you all you need to know about the parties and their motivations here.....

Kraft and Belichick are being very smug this week at the NFL meetings calling Walsh out so they must know something.

Kraft and Belichick are being very smug this week at the NFL meetings calling Walsh out so they must know something.

Yeah, they've scared the wits out of the guy with intimidation so that he won't talk, that's what I predict they know.....

Pat-scum can rot in h@ll, but I am very disappointed by the NFL's reaction - especially the ex-FBI stuff. It points a giant spotlight on the NFL at large, and their willingness to sweep the dirt under the rug for the sake of money.

And I'm still waiting for Goodell to take the Pats' 1.07. What a joke penalty under the circumstances. They better clean this up, or the NFL risks killing the golden egg-laying goose. As soon as we fans begin to think the NFL is not transparent, and that their "product" is more 'art' then sport, we will no longer invest our emotional well being in their outcomes.

And finding and exposing the sin is not the problem. We will forgive the NFL for that. Covering it up, especially by discrediting the source, will engage our wrath. This is no longer about pat-cheats. It is about Goodell and the NFL. It is about the integrity of the league, and their seeming willingness to reduce it's sport to the level of professional wrestling.

That is 180 degrees opposite of what I heard & read. Kraft & Belichick* went hat in hand & apologized profusely to the other owners for the SHAME & EMBARRASSMENT they brought upon themselves & the ENTIRE league with their CHEATING WAYS.

That is 180 degrees opposite of what I heard & read. Kraft & Belichick* went hat in hand & apologized profusely to the other owners for the SHAME & EMBARRASSMENT they brought upon themselves & the ENTIRE league with their CHEATING WAYS.

Yes they apologized for the taping of the Jets. I was referring to Kraft and Belichick calling out Walsh to bring forward the evidence he has.

Yes they apologized for the taping of the Jets. I was referring to Kraft and Belichick calling out Walsh to bring forward the evidence he has.

The point is they weren't being smug at the meetings as you said. They called out Walsh to the press trying to spin things in their favor through the press, knowing full well Walsh will say or show NOTHING UNLESS & UNTIL the Pats* give him legal assurance they won't go after him.

If they have nothing to fear, then give him full immunity and indemnity. I mean...seriously. Even a P*t-loving tool like yourself can't argue that very simple, honest point.

If Walsh has nothing, then what do they care?

Unless...could it be? Maybe? Just maybe?

If they have nothing to fear, then give him full immunity and indemnity. I mean...seriously. Even a P*t-loving tool like yourself can't argue that very simple, honest point.

If Walsh has nothing, then what do they care?

Unless...could it be? Maybe? Just maybe?

I don't think Walsh has video. I think he has some sort of audio. Maybe the pats wired the visitors locker room or placed mics on the side lines. in 2004 Bellichick was key note speaker at a conference sponsored by Andrea Electronics This company makes, believe it or not, microphones.

Coincidence, most likely, but also very unusual. i don't think BB is on the motivational speakers circuit.