Talk show host suspended (fired?) by Air America radio

You must have been oblivious to the news then, as you couldn't walk two inches without hearing about the dangers of hate speech and old white men ruining America.

Yeah well I know that all happened but it is no different then FOX NEWS today putting on tape loops 24/7 of the reverend Wright.

This topic wasn't supposed to be about race but since we're here which group do you think has shown more self righteous indignation over nothing?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well I know that all happened but it is no different then FOX NEWS today putting on tape loops 24/7 of the reverend Wright.

This topic wasn't supposed to be about race but since we're here which group do you think has shown more self righteous indignation over nothing?

Big surprise that you're playing the "we're bad but they're worse" card. Now keep acting surprised you're getting what you're getting.

Well I don't insist that and I know of hardly anybody that feels that way. I never thought Imus should have been punished. For all the outrageous crap Bill Orly and Rush spout everyday it would be a given that they would have been fired or suspended by now if the Left wanted to make such a big deal about it.

Well they haven't even been suspended, let alone fired.

They are :P A-holes but free speech is free speech. This is just more of the political correctness run amok. Somebody had to resign for saying Chelsea was pimped IIRC.

I find it remarkable that of all the stupid, offensive things Randi Rhodes has said and done over the years at Air America (which inexplicably continues to exist), that *this* is what she finally gets in trouble for. If she'd have called Laura Bush a "whore", they'd probably have given her a raise or a promotion.

I also really appreciate how quickly our "progressive" liberals will abandon all their supposed values when they think they need to score points politically. The Dems are supposedly the feminist, pro-woman party but that doesn't stop some from immediately playing the "whore" or "bimbo" card when there's a woman threatening them. Of course, Bill and Hillary and their buddies have been quick to remind people that Obama is black over the past few months so I guess it works both ways.

Imagine the uproar if this woman had referred to Obama and Wright with the 'N' word. It would be the top story for the next month, like the Imus incident. There's too much tolerence for sexism in this country, and Hillary is target #1.

Big surprise that you're playing the "we're bad but they're worse" card. Now keep acting surprised you're getting what you're getting.

"Worse"? Where did I use that?

I used to watched Imus in the Morning before I left the house and I thought the constant hammering of him was basically piling on for publicity sake, where everyone had to weigh in for the sake of weighing in, completely ignoring that Imus and McGurk had really just made an awful joke as someone with Imus' background is somehow prone to do.

The over repetition of the Wright tapes by the right wing media has now got to the point where it's just pathetic (hey, sorta like you) and has had currently minimal effect on Obama. It's even gotten so bad that the Clinton campaign (weeks behind anything relevant) had to chime in with her two cents recently.

Imagine the uproar if this woman had referred to Obama and Wright with the 'N' word. It would be the top story for the next month, like the Imus incident.

Yeah, cause we should aspire to have an Imus level uproar every time someone says anything remotely insulting to a politician or a bunch of ugly basketball players. <_<

Imagine the uproar if this woman There's too much tolerence for sexism in this country, and Hillary is target #1.

*Sniff**Sniff* Maybe if we hand her the Presidency her feelings won't be hurt any more.

The over repetition of the Wright tapes by the right wing media has now got to the point where it's just pathetic (hey, sorta like you) and has had currently minimal effect on Obama. It's even gotten so bad that the Clinton campaign (weeks behind anything relevant) had to chime in with her two cents recently.

That's if you believe that the vast right wing conspiracy stands to gain the greatest benefit out of taking out Obama now.

That's if you believe that the vast right wing conspiracy stands to gain the greatest benefit out of taking out Obama now.

Any media that isn't Fox News or conservative radio is pretty much working for Obama at this point. Chris Matthews feels tingly just listening to him speak, Keith Olbermann reads his press releases on TV, and Anderson Cooper apologized for being forced to mention the Rev. Wright disaster.

Probably not the best time to complain about Obama's treatment by the press.

"Worse"? Where did I use that?

So when you said the following:

No one was supposed to figure out that where you were going? BTW, I think it's pretty awesome that you progressives actually spend time watching Fox News. Idiots.

I used to watched Imus in the Morning before I left the house and I thought the constant hammering of him was basically piling on for publicity sake, where everyone had to weigh in for the sake of weighing in, completely ignoring that Imus and McGurk had really just made an awful joke as someone with Imus' background is somehow prone to do.

So YOU were actually part of his tiny share? Imus is an idiot. He should have stood up for himself instead of apologizing and told everyone to get the fukk over it.

So only the "right wing" media (well, and me) is pathetic? But you weren't making a comparison...

You win again.

As we've come to learn with Fox over the years they'll throw something out there like the Wright screeds (completely out of context of course) and through sheer sledgehammer repetition pound their point home until the other corporate media outlets, afraid that they might be seen as "liberal" for ignoring such an earth shattering story, fall in line and give Fox news nonsense way more creedence than it actually deserves. Hell we saw it from them during the 2000 election. Now is that a "conspiracy"? Who's to say? That seems to be your choice of adjective to describe Fox and its fawning followers in the media. Buffalo has one in whack job talk show host Tom Buerle who boasts that Fox is all he watches even while doing his radio show, and was convinced two weeks ago that Obama was done with and even had a program to that extent.

I think MOST people are smart enough to dismiss Fox's propaganda for the most part. The fact Obama is hardly "done with" bears that out so if it was an attempt to take Obama out as you say it sure fizzled like a damp fart.

So when you said the following:

No one was supposed to figure out that where you were going? BTW, I think it's pretty awesome that you progressives actually spend time watching Fox News. Idiots.

So YOU were actually part of his tiny share? Imus is an idiot. He should have stood up for himself instead of apologizing and told everyone to get the fukk over it.

So only the "right wing" media (well, and me) is pathetic? But you weren't making a comparison...

You win again.

I'll say it again because I know you are something of an illiterate reactionary...where did I say one was "worse" than the other ("worse" being in those things we call quotation marks)?

You're right...I wish Imus would have said something like that instead of coming off like a limp wristed ineffectual pansy (which he might have very well have always been) acting contrite and apologitic while groveling for mercy from the rancid likes of Al Sharpton.

But that isn't how the apology circuit works nowadays.

I'll say it again because I know you are something of an illiterate reactionary

This, ladies and gentlemen, is an attempt to use big words to appear intelligent. Someone look up the word "illiterate" and give us the definition, please.

...where did I say one was "worse" than the other ("worse" being in those things we call quotation marks)?

Another funny thing about you self-annointed "progressives". You vainly attempt to do the same thing over-and-over again. Then when called in it, resort to word play like this. "But I didn't say 'exactly' that, so you've completely misread me!" The best part of it is, you think you're unique - just like all the other "progressive" lemmings.

Yeah, cause we should aspire to have an Imus level uproar every time someone says anything remotely insulting to a politician or a bunch of ugly basketball players. <_<

*Sniff**Sniff* Maybe if we hand her the Presidency her feelings won't be hurt any more.

What I find interesting about Joe Pasta's reply is that he is actually accusing Rhodes, who was in the military and was a truck driver, of "sexism".

I hope Rhodes doesn't make the apology circuit like Imus and I don't think she will.

As we've come to learn with Fox over the years they'll throw something out there like the Wright screeds (completely out of context of course) and through sheer sledgehammer repetition pound their point home until the other corporate media outlets, afraid that they might be seen as "liberal" for ignoring such an earth shattering story, fall in line and give Fox news nonsense way more creedence than it actually deserves. Hell we saw it from them during the 2000 election. Now is that a "conspiracy"? Who's to say? That seems to be your choice of adjective to describe Fox and its fawning followers in the media. Buffalo has one in whack job talk show host Tom Buerle who boasts that Fox is all he watches even while doing his radio show, and was convinced two weeks ago that Obama was done with and even had a program to that extent.

I think MOST people are smart enough to dismiss Fox's propaganda for the most part. The fact Obama is hardly "done with" bears that out so if it was an attempt to take Obama out as you say it sure fizzled like a damp fart.

So your argument is that a single cable news channel (maybe 1 million viewers) drives the editorial powers of the Big 3 networks and their news divisions across cable and broadcast, which reach 10 million on the morning news alone?