Anyone in Richmond going to The National to see Jorma tonite?

The Poojer

I am, I am...also gonna get my Phil Lesh, Wailers and Gov't Mule Innsbrook tickets for their respective shows...WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! :P

Yep, and my wife (she likes Jorma) and the kids (they have only heard the last 2-3 CDs and some of Quah, which they like) will be along. Will catch the other shows if the schedule permits but I am coaching baseball and playing in a basketball league. Weeknights are crammed.

Not able to attend tonight, but know of several folks in my neck of the woods headed up. Went to the National last Friday for the Drive by Truckers show. I'm looking forward to seeing many shows at this incredible venue.

dude, were you second row, center section, far right seats of the center section? i was in the abe lincoln suite......sweet show!!!!!! :censored:

Yep, and my wife (she likes Jorma) and the kids (they have only heard the last 2-3 CDs and some of Quah, which they like) will be along. Will catch the other shows if the schedule permits but I am coaching baseball and playing in a basketball league. Weeknights are crammed.

dude, were you second row, center section, far right seats of the center section? i was in the abe lincoln suite......sweet show!!!!!! <_<

Spot on...we had 2 seats in the first & second rows until halftime and then we gave the front 2 to a couple of friends I saw at the show and the 4 of us went to the second row when 2 other people left. It was a great show and he played a number of songs from his last 2 CDs ('Blue Country Heart' with Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck and Byron House & 'Stars in My Crown' - with another fabulous backing band) that I really enjoy. Mitterhof is an amazing musician as his sideman on stage. The last time I saw him in Richmond was about 15 years ago at 'The Flood Zone'. That time he performed and electric and acoustic set.

The suites are nice - congrats on that. Are you going to the B-52s? I am not but my wife and her friends will be there.

yeah i saw what i guessed was your wife sitting with two kids during the intermission and saw i guess you standing around, but didnt really feel like yelling out..."YO Mr. Info". I was up in the VIP box to the right of the stage. I just put in my request for Lou Reed, B-52's and I already have Weird Al tix. Now to work on Grayboy Allstars at Toads Place and Gov't Mule at Innsbrook the following night! I love spring/summer music in richmond!

About the show, saw Hot Tuna 20-25 years ago when i worked at USA Sams in Syracuse, don't know alot of stuff of his, but have Blue Country Heart so I was familiar with some of those songs. You are right about Mitterhof, he was awesome. It was a really nice evening of music....and when you are led to the VIP area with padded comfortable seats while out with someone for the first time, it kind of makes a good impression as well <_<

Spot on...we had 2 seats in the first & second rows until halftime and then we gave the front 2 to a couple of friends I saw at the show and the 4 of us went to the second row when 2 other people left. It was a great show and he played a number of songs from his last 2 CDs ('Blue Country Heart' with Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck and Byron House & 'Stars in My Crown' - with another fabulous backing band) that I really enjoy. Mitterhof is an amazing musician as his sideman on stage. The last time I saw him in Richmond was about 15 years ago at 'The Flood Zone'. That time he performed and electric and acoustic set.

The suites are nice - congrats on that. Are you going to the B-52s? I am not but my wife and her friends will be there.

Shocked, stunned, amazed and thrilled to see the word "Jorma" on the board!

The commencement recessional tune during my B.S. (no, not Bull Schit...the real deal in Biology) back a long, long, long time ago was "The Water Song". Its mild irreverance during such an austere occcasion still brings a smile to my face. I downloaded a few tunes a couple of years ago for a family reunion, and made sure it was included on one of the CDs. It came on somewhere after boating, prior to badminton, in the midst of "pre-barbecue warm up on a hot afternoon". You could watch the whole crew on the deck start groovin' in their chairs, and reaching for another beer.......

yeah i saw what i guessed was your wife sitting with two kids during the intermission and saw i guess you standing around, but didnt really feel like yelling out..."YO Mr. Info". I was up in the VIP box to the right of the stage. I just put in my request for Lou Reed, B-52's and I already have Weird Al tix. Now to work on Grayboy Allstars at Toads Place and Gov't Mule at Innsbrook the following night! I love spring/summer music in richmond!

About the show, saw Hot Tuna 20-25 years ago when i worked at USA Sams in Syracuse, don't know alot of stuff of his, but have Blue Country Heart so I was familiar with some of those songs. You are right about Mitterhof, he was awesome. It was a really nice evening of music....and when you are led to the VIP area with padded comfortable seats while out with someone for the first time, it kind of makes a good impression as well :unsure:

I love Greyboy! Are they playing Toads? Are you really going? I will meet you there if I can make it. New Haven is a great city and not too far away from me

they just opened a toads place in richmond, that is where i will be going...sorry for the confusion

I love Greyboy! Are they playing Toads? Are you really going? I will meet you there if I can make it. New Haven is a great city and not too far away from me

Just noticed Hot Tuna is playing at a club by my place later this year. There is hope for the soCal music scene.

I think they play SoCal pretty regularly. I saw them some years ago and B.S.'d my way backstage after the show to meet Jorma. Pretty cool guy.

I've really gotta check him out live. About a year ago, I started getting into Jefferson Airplane. I've always loved Surrealistic Pillow, but never really expanded on their catalogue. I met a friend of my friend's dad who had worked for Rolling Stone in the 60's, and he had traveled with Jefferson Airplane and was still in love with Grace Slick. Anyway, we talked about music and he was shocked I wasn't really into JA, so I delved deeper and now I really love them. Live, they are like Led Zeppelin in that they are so hit and miss- the great shows are phenomenal, but other times they suck and are so f'd up that they can barely play. And Jorma is always the highlight. They've got a ton of live JA at wolfgangsvault.com, if anyone wants to check it out, it's an awesome site. Anyway, sorry for the diatribe, and I'm definitely gonna check him out if he comes my way.