Two N.F.L. Owners Choose Vanity Over Money

No credit here for Wilson's foresight...

Link

Again, hard to get sympathy for small market teams when they fail to maximize their sponsorship opportunities.

I like the comment further down from the blog on how little naming rights at RWS might be worth, considering its uses and location, but then again why let the facts get in the way of a good screed.....

I like the comment further down from the blog on how little naming rights at RWS might be worth, considering its uses and location, but then again why let the facts get in the way of a good screed.....

The value of naming rights is tied more to having your company name said repeatedly on network TV than who actually sees the sign at the stadium.

PTR

Ironically, the Bills were one of the first sports franchises in history to sell the naming rights. Rich Products paid 1.5m over 25 years.

And one other thing, it wasn't RW's idea to name the stadium after himself.

I'm not sure what the aim of the blogger is in this piece of tripe. RW himself said he feels no sense of vindication, etc.

GO BILLS!!!

The naming rights vary greatly. Ralph could easily get 3-5 million a year. The Texans get 10 million per year. HSBC, which isn't even located in Baltimore, pays them over 5 million a year. Ralph got a million a year 35 years ago. That may not be as much as most teams but it's cold hard cash in your pocket for doing nothing, all while saying you don't make as much money as other teams.

The naming rights vary greatly. Ralph could easily get 3-5 million a year. The Texans get 10 million per year. HSBC, which isn't even located in Baltimore, pays them over 5 million a year. Ralph got a million a year 35 years ago. That may not be as much as most teams but it's cold hard cash in your pocket for doing nothing, all while saying you don't make as much money as other teams.

I think you're referring to M&T Bank, and they are in Baltimore after buying a local bank there a few yrs back.

I think you're referring to M&T Bank, and they are in Baltimore after buying a local bank there a few yrs back.

I was, yes. My bad. I knew they had locations and offices in Baltimore, but I meant that when they signed the deal their corporate headquarters were not there. Like someone above said, it's more to get your name on TV and everything associated with the NFL than to make money locally. In other words, we don't even need a Wegmans or a Rich Products local corporation to be the ones buying the rights. It could be anyone.