Yup, this is happening.

Nothing new to the people in Buffalo, he's been talking about a political career for a while now. He didn't get his boxing license re-instated everywhere, so he's hanging up the gloves. He wasn't the best boxer, but he had a legitimate shot a title fight if doesn't take a beating in that fight. At the time he was the #1 contender. It's a shame that his career ended in the last round of the Vassiliy Jirov fight. I really enjoyed watching him fight too, the bars were packed and going crazy whenever he fought. I went to HSBC for one of his fights and the place was buzzing with excitement, even though the fight lasted about 30 seconds. I also remember watching that Jirov fight at a place called Divot's in Amherst, I was sitting in a booth across from Jim Brinson, everyone was holding their breath during that last round. The 3 minutes felt like 30 minutes, but he never went down. He's also a pretty good guy, I have met him several times and he's always willing to talk about his career. I wish him the best of luck....

Don't know that I could ever vote for somebody that I've seen hanging out at Slick Willie's Sports Bar in Tonawanda... not to mention voting for someone that I've heard from numerous sources likes the nose candy.

But then again, this wouldn't be the first politician with a shady side!

Guess who's running for NY state senate. I mean I like the guy, but Senator? Really?

He's been talking about getting into politics for months now, not big news if your in the Buffalo area. Couldn't get his boxing license re-instated, it's a shame that the last round of the Vassiliy Jirov fight probably cost Mesi a shot at a title. I don't think he was a great boxer, but at the time there was no one else and it was a perfect opportunity. It was fun going to HSBC or to bars to watch his fights. I've seen him out many times, he's a good guy and I wish him the best...