CB Leodis McKelvin visited One Bills Drive today. Buffalo

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/billboard/2...b-visits-b.html

I'm editing this post and adding this little nugget. I was listening to Sirius radio today and Jim Miller was interviewing WR James Hardy. They were discussing that several teams have been in talks with him so far. Philly, Dallas, Cincy and St Louis were the ones mentioned as having alot of interest and communication with him so far and I might be also leaving one more team out. Hardy was saying that the offense that Indiana was using had alot of short routes due to the lack of time that they had on offense to get off the line of scrimmage. Hardy went on to say that 20 yd diggs was a strength for him. Does this offense sound familiar? Then something was said that struck me as very odd. They were well past the topic of what teams were interested in him and then out of nowheres Jim Miller blurts out and asks him if he ever talked to Buffalo. Surprisingly enough Hardy said that the Bills were one of the first teams to talk to him. That's just about an exact quote. Hardy then mentioned Denver too but it was like that this was almost an after thought. Needless to say that I was pretty stunned hearing all of this unfolding. I tried to listen for another minute or so but I had to go into the bank at this time. There was something being said about the Penn ST CB (Justin King?) but I didn't really catch what they were saying. I thought that I'd put this little info in this post and see what anyone could make of it.

Can't say that I know much about him, but if he were to become a Bill, he would instantly have one of the greatest names in team history...Leodis McKelvin...that is a cool name!

Ode worthy.

if most of the "experts" are right, he'll be covering Lee Evans next year.....they are saying Patri*ts are going to grab him up.

That's probably why they brought him in. Get a good look at him and learn as much as they can before they face him.

Hardy manhandled Justin King last year to the tune of 14 catches for 142 yds and 2 scores in October.

It doesn't surprise me the Bills are interviewing these receivers. The players they bring in accomplish two goals:

1) Find out about these guys and

2) Confuse the heck out of other teams

It's a win-win, but I'm not sure the Bills want to take a receiver with his background, no matter how tall he is. I personally think he's going to have issues with press coverage, and Justin King won't be there every weekend. Jack Ikegwuonu shut Hardy down the week after he torched Penn St.

Is it inconceivable for Hardy to be converted to a pass catching TE? I ask this because I was surfing the Chargers' official website and they have a WR, Legedu Naanee, that has different roles that he plays. Check out his bio.

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/legedu-naanee.htm

Based on their current players on their roster I was wondering if trading a future draft pick (4th rder?) out of our 2009 draft to the Chargers for WR Malcolm Floyd would be possible. If so this could be a way for us to create more flexibility for ourselves in this year's draft. They have Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, Buster Davis and this Naanee. They are very limited on picks this year so maybe a middle rder (5th rder?) in this year's draft and a late rd pick in next year's draft might even be better for all parties concerned. AJ Smith sure has assembled quite a roster out there in San Diego.

On a side note check out how the Chargers actually have a pronunciation guide on alot of their players. That sure is a culturally integrated group of players.

http://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart/