Rumor about TH

Peter

Take it for what it is worth - a rumor.

I heard that sometime in practice recently, the Bills were practicing blitz pick ups. TH was supposed to be practicing picking up the blitz with the rest of the offense (Lord knows he needs the practice). Suddenly, TH pulled a Dominic Hasek and walked off the field without any explanation.

I also heard that, in addition to his missed assignments against the Jets, Bobby Shaw also was complaining about the offense.

We all know what happened to Shaw. If the Bills are now trying to send a message to the team that they are not going to put up with any BS, it is no wonder that there are trade rumors involving TH.

Are the "trade rumors" from any source other than internet message boards?

Is there a Bflo/Roch TV station reporting any of these rumors?

I ask because I'm pretty skeptical they move TH during the season...

Why would you be skeptical???

TH has shown that he is a "me" guy and it wouldn't suprise me at all.  The guy is a friggin head case.

70130[/snapback]

Your personal feelings about him aside, the Bills have said from day 1 that you need two solid backs. Plus -Willis has looked less than spectacular this year to say the least. What's he averaging, 2-3 yds/carry?

Guest BillsRebound

Wasn't Grove a 2nd Rounder this year?? That would equate to a 2nd and 3rd rounder for Travis. Seems kind of steep but possible.

Travis Henry has screewed up big time on the field in the last four games. He should be traded and I agree that Oakland is the type of team that would trade for him. If he is not traded then he needs to be sit down. At this point either way you loose the guy. physically or emotionally.

If any of these rumors are correct I think all of these possible moves benifit this team and will get the attention of the players.

Guest BillsRebound

Travis for Grove is pretty intriguing on 2nd thought. I know the Bills liked him in their pre-draft work-outs, especially his nastiness which is what our O-Line is sorely lacking. Why is he not starting in Oakland? They don't want to start a rookie at center? Or the other guy is just better?

Your personal feelings about him aside, the Bills have said from day 1 that you need two solid backs. Plus -Willis has looked less than spectacular this year to say the least. What's he averaging, 2-3 yds/carry?

campy, they said they need 2 backs as lip service because willis was not ready (like ruff and regier saying that we need 2 goaltenders when hasek was hurt). He's obviously ready now. Back to the original thread though. If this rumor was started by one of "us" on a message board, i wouldn't throw 2 canadian cents towards it. If it was started by a source, then yeah, the trade deadline might be interesting for the first time since cornelius bennett.

Travis for Grove is pretty intriguing on 2nd thought. I know the Bills liked him in their pre-draft work-outs, especially his nastiness which is what our O-Line is sorely lacking. Why is he not starting in Oakland? They don't want to start a rookie at center? Or the other guy is just better?

But would the Bills deal a proven 1200+ yard back for a rookie C??? Probably not, hence I figured a draft pick + Grove = TH. Now maybe a 4th would be more fair but I'd be hoping for a 3rd.

campy, they said they need 2 backs as lip service because willis was not ready (like ruff and regier saying that we need 2 goaltenders when hasek was hurt).  He's obviously ready now.  Back to the original thread though.  If this rumor was started by one of "us" on a message board, i wouldn't throw 2 canadian cents towards it.  If it was started by a source, then yeah, the trade deadline might be interesting for the first time since cornelius bennett.

70212[/snapback]

I'm with Campy on this. You do not have any more insight than any body else here that it was "lip service". Trading TH now would render the depth on this team completely useless.

But would the Bills deal a proven 1200+ yard back for a rookie C???  Probably not, hence I figured a draft pick + Grove = TH.  Now maybe a 4th would be more fair but I'd be hoping for a 3rd.

70217[/snapback]

Why do you want a 4th as well. The draft stops for the Bills after rounds 1 and 2. Name the Bills draft choices that have started after round 1 or 2 this season.

Jonas Jennings and Coy Burnt Wire

Guest BillsRebound

We're 0-4. We aren't losing games because of our depth. We have an ultra-sensitive, disgruntled backup running back that could get us some value right now. If you are ever going to trade him, there is no time better than right now.

Why do you want a 4th as well.  The draft stops for the Bills after rounds 1 and 2.  Name the Bills draft choices that have started after round 1 or 2 this season.

Jonas Jennings and Coy Burnt Wire

70234[/snapback]

I believe Terrence McGee was later than a 2 (4th round?)

Guest Guest_dan_*

I've been totally against trading TH or any one else for that matter. But given the state this team is in currently, I say cut, trade, beg, borrow, steal.... just do something.

I'm not upset that we're 0-4. I'm upset in how we're 0-4. This team has shown zero ability to win and that gets frustrating. So, I say mix it up how ever you have to because what we have isn't getting it done. The team is already useless.

We're 0-4.  We aren't losing games because of our depth.  We have an ultra-sensitive, disgruntled backup running back that could get us some value right now.  If you are ever going to trade him, there is no time better than right now.

70247[/snapback]

Couldnt agree more...even if they get a 2nd rounder...having 2 good #2 picks will at least somewhat make up for not having our #1 for this season (although I think not having the #1 this year is somewhat overrated)

Its like when Ralph Kiner was told to take a paycut from the Pirates after he hit 50HR, Branch Rickey told him at the time "We finished last with you, well finish last without you"...where has TH gotten us so far???

I love how rumors get started. We, in general "what if" conversation, basically made up the whole Jake Grove rumor yesterday. Now it's catching on as a real possiblitly, and once the trade deadline passes everyone will probably be bitching at TD about not pulling the trigger on this trade when he had the chance!

:lol::D

I wasn't involved in the Grove discussion yesterday. I just like him and figure he may be able to provide stability to a position were we haven't had any since Kent Hull.

As far as the 4th (or 3rd), you have a point. But the more chances you take, the better one of them pans out.

TH is acting like a little kid who isn't getting his own way. He is bitter and jealous of Willis McGahee and this is his way of getting out. He doesn't practice well, he doesn't play hard and he is hurt again. I was all for trading him in Training Camp. Bills will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him but I say do it. The end is very near for TH in Buffalo. F this guy and his BS. He's a big part of what is wrong with this team.

We're 0-4.  We aren't losing games because of our depth.  We have an ultra-sensitive, disgruntled backup running back that could get us some value right now.  If you are ever going to trade him, there is no time better than right now.

70247[/snapback]

Yeah.. What a superstar starter.. Oh wait.. He is filling in for an injured starter. And not well either.

Er, 2004 stats:

Travis Henry: 80 for 273 yds, 3.4 ave, 0 TD's

Amos Zereoue: 37 for 223, 5.7 ave, 2 TD's.

And when available, the Bills "brain trust" chose not to speak with FA Zereoue...

Whatta great management... :lol:

Pigs will fly over your house and wave hello to you before Oak would part with Grove for TH...

Er, 2004 stats:

Travis Henry: 80 for 273 yds, 3.4 ave,  0 TD's

Amos Zereoue: 37 for 223, 5.7 ave, 2 TD's.

And when available, the Bills "brain trust" chose not to speak with FA Zereoue...

Whatta great management... :lol:

Pigs will fly over your house and wave hello to you before Oak would part with Grove for TH...

70305[/snapback]

Oh common man, that is just insane. The Raiders have one of the better O-lines in the leauge, and a QB that you can't blitz because he reads defenses so well and will kill your secondary. (this is Gannon I'm talking about - pre-injury)

If anyone honestly things Zereoue is a better back than Travis Henry, I'll sell you some prime-land on the moon.

BTW: Why the hell would the Bills "brain trust" look bring in a FA Back when they have two guys on the field fighting for the starting job and Shaud looking great for Rook in pre-season. That would have been a great idea!

BTW2: If Zereoue is so damn good, why does he only have 37 rushes? Damn, 5.7 yards a carry...they don't even have to pass!

Why would you be skeptical???

TH has shown that he is a "me" guy and it wouldn't suprise me at all.  The guy is a friggin head case.

70130[/snapback]

So you're saying he's a horrible person? :lol:

OMG some of these posts simply have me rolling :-)

Amos Zereoue?  Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!    OMFG! 

Fantasy football <> real football

70347[/snapback]

:lol::D

I guess this is the daily "Let's suspend reality for awhile" thread...

Take it for what it is worth - a rumor. 

I heard that sometime in practice recently, the Bills were practicing blitz pick ups.  TH was supposed to be practicing picking up the blitz with the rest of the offense (Lord knows he needs the practice).  Suddenly, TH pulled a Dominic Hasek and walked off the field without any explanation.

That happened a few weeks back................ :lol: