Potty Talk

plenzmd1

So, I am on the road quite a bit and have always traveled pretty extensively for my various jobs. When the need arises for a clean rest room for that unexpected constitutional, cleanliness is of the utmost importance. Anyway, thought I would lend my expertise in this area for those not as well versed in the bathroom sciences as I am. Maybe all this is common sense, but any way.

Whilst on the interstate in order of preference.

1)Have found cleanest place to be in mid tier hotel lobby's. Places like a Hampton Inn, Residence Inn etc. Key here is really no lobby to speak of, no place where people do meetings, have drinks etc. This lends itself to a seldom used restroom and often very clean. Never had an issue with a front desk clerk asking questions.

2) Truck Stops...again usually very, very clean

3 Casual restaurant, like Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans etc. Again, not as busy and used as the fast food places.

4) Fast Food places.. I will go to the furthest one away from the exit, and yes an extra two mile drive is well worth clean restroom.

5) Gas Stations ..Same rule as above applies, however absolutely must not go to the place with the cheapest gas. WAWA and Sheets are so busy now it is impossible for them to keep clean.

Whilst at the Airport

1) Inside a decent eatery, if at all possible. Again, most people do not use these, and are generally way cleaner than the others. Great example of this is the Bud Brew House at ATL terminal A. Plus you can smoke in there for those who care

2) If one outside of security is available on the same level as check in, good place. Most people have gone before they arrived, or if not hold till they get through security.

3) At the far ends of each terminal. Further away from the middle, the better. Well worth an extra 2 minute walk or so.

Welcome any suggestions others may have

When traveling internationally McDonalds and other American fast food places are good for bathrooms. There are some sketchy bathrooms abroad and sometimes a bathroom is hard to find- you can always find a clean bathroom with toilet paper at McDonalds. The two most ornate bathrooms I have ever been:

The Phil- Liverpool John Lennons favorite bar and the most beautiful bathroom I have ever been. I took pictures!

Jonathon's Angels-Rome The most famous bathroom in Rome. The staff cracked up when I asked where the bathroom was and patrons told me I was in for a treat. The bar owner was an avant-garde artist who put some serious effort into the bathroom

While malls usually suck, if you have a more upscale stores, macys, etc they usually have their owns heads, and keep them very clean.

If you go in a mall, use the family restrooms.

A) They're usually really clean (at least around here)

B) The amount of room in them makes you feel like a king, especially sitting next to the little kid toilet.

C) Only 1 user at a time, so you can lock the door, and have all that room to yourself, and not have to smell or hear other people.

If you go in a mall, use the family restrooms.

A) They're usually really clean (at least around here)

B) The amount of room in them makes you feel like a king, especially sitting next to the little kid toilet.

C) Only 1 user at a time, so you can lock the door, and have all that room to yourself, and not have to smell or hear other people.

Problem with those IMHO is what you said on #3. if you have an idiot who uses right before you it sucks. And I believe the majority of people suck, so...... I use the upscale store potties.

Problem with those IMHO is what you said on #3. if you have an idiot who uses right before you it sucks. And I believe the majority of people suck, so...... I use the upscale store potties.

Truly amazing the knowledge we acquire as we move through life No :beer: ?

The worst part about public restrooms may just be sitting on a warm seat.

If I sit down, and it's warm already, I may get back up and find a different stall. Even if it looks clean, I don't like knowing I'm sitting where a few minutes ago a complete stranger just dropped a deuce. At least a cold seat means it wasn't used too recently.

The worst part about public restrooms may just be sitting on a warm seat.

If I sit down, and it's warm already, I may get back up and find a different stall. Even if it looks clean, I don't like knowing I'm sitting where a few minutes ago a complete stranger just dropped a deuce. At least a cold seat means it wasn't used too recently.

And cooties are less agressive when they're cold. :beer:

I actually have been very impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms at Home Depot

I agree there. Another place that usually always has clean restrooms are horsetracks and OTBs. Don't know why, but i have been in several of each, and they are always spic and span.