(LAMP) Last day of Work

HopsGuy

After 9 years at the same company, today is my last day. I've basically fulfilled all of my responsibilities for the day, so now I'm just cruisin'. I'm heading out to Vegas this evening for a 4 day celebratory binge. We're staying at The Palms, but I'm sure I'll be all over town. It could get ugly.

Wish me luck. :thumbsup:

After 9 years at the same company, today is my last day. I've basically fulfilled all of my responsibilities for the day, so now I'm just cruisin'. I'm heading out to Vegas this evening for a 4 day celebratory binge. We're staying at The Palms, but I'm sure I'll be all over town. It could get ugly.

Wish me luck. :beer:

Sounds good.

Wish me luck. :beer:

Good luck. Whatcha gonna do after the bender?

Good luck. Whatcha gonna do after the bender?

I'm gonna decompress for a couple of weeks. My friends are throwing me a going-away party at the Hollywood (FL) Hard Rock, so I got that going for me (which is nice). I'm moving to Charlotte NC in a few weeks to start a business with a life-long buddy. That is, if I survive Vegas.

Wish me luck. :thumbsup:

i hope it doesn't snow out here like it did when R. Rich got into town.

Boy did we hit it hard. Thursday night at Moonbar at the Palms (where we were staying). Late night at the craps table (won ~$650). Friday over to my buddy's condo for a happy hour. Some of you might remember my blog story about him having a stroke in Vegas 2 years ago. During his recovery he bought a place so we'd have somewhere to party. :lol: Hit up Prive at Planet Hollywood. We had a VIP hookup which was nice. Some guy about the size of Bruce Smith was our personal security guard, so we had unfettered access to the VIP restroom (and when you're 37 and drink like I do, that's a plus). Lil' Jon was the DJ (WHAT!?! OKAAAAYYYYY!!!!) I'm not much of a club guy, but that was pretty fun. Met some girls from Portland, OR. They didn't know Lana, but one of them gave me a PG-rated lap dance. That was pretty fun. :thumbsup:

Saturday we had a cabana at the pool at the Palms. Steve Levy (ESPN) was right next to us with some hottie. Saturday night we skipped the clubs and just went to Shadow Bar at Caesar's. Spent just about the entire night texting an off-duty cocktail waitress which lead us back to Rain at The Palms. (This part of the story is intentionally left blank; what happens in Vegas....). Sunday we just chilled at my buddy's condo, watched hoops, then had dinner at Joe's in the Forums.

I never made it back to the tables after Thursday, and broke even on the games I bet (curse you Stephen Curry!). Here's one Buffalo related story: on Friday I was rocking my old-school Sabres t-shirt. I was walking through the Palms lobby and two of the "Girls Next Door" were walking in with a camera crew rolling and a group of gawkers. I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared. I slid a bit to the side when one of the camera crew guys spots my t-shirt and comes running over "Dude! Great shirt!!!" He pulls out his phone to show me that his wallpaper is the same old logo. Fist bump, then he says, "Sorry man, gotta get back to work." The whole thing happened in about 4 seconds as the group strolled by. Then again, I was still half in-the-bag from the night before. They tell me it was some sort of bachelorette party, so I'll have to try to Tivo to see if there's some dazed bald dude in the background.

My buddy said it best, "We know how to have fun."

[/LAMP]

Boy did we hit it hard. Thursday night at Moonbar at the Palms (where we were staying). Late night at the craps table (won ~$650). Friday over to my buddy's condo for a happy hour. Some of you might remember my blog story about him having a stroke in Vegas 2 years ago. During his recovery he bought a place so we'd have somewhere to party. :lol: Hit up Prive at Planet Hollywood. We had a VIP hookup which was nice. Some guy about the size of Bruce Smith was our personal security guard, so we had unfettered access to the VIP restroom (and when you're 37 and drink like I do, that's a plus). Lil' Jon was the DJ (WHAT!?! OKAAAAYYYYY!!!!) I'm not much of a club guy, but that was pretty fun. Met some girls from Portland, OR. They didn't know Lana, but one of them gave me a PG-rated lap dance. That was pretty fun. :thumbsup:

Saturday we had a cabana at the pool at the Palms. Steve Levy (ESPN) was right next to us with some hottie. Saturday night we skipped the clubs and just went to Shadow Bar at Caesar's. Spent just about the entire night texting an off-duty cocktail waitress which lead us back to Rain at The Palms. (This part of the story is intentionally left blank; what happens in Vegas....). Sunday we just chilled at my buddy's condo, watched hoops, then had dinner at Joe's in the Forums.

I never made it back to the tables after Thursday, and broke even on the games I bet (curse you Stephen Curry!). Here's one Buffalo related story: on Friday I was rocking my old-school Sabres t-shirt. I was walking through the Palms lobby and two of the "Girls Next Door" were walking in with a camera crew rolling and a group of gawkers. I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared. I slid a bit to the side when one of the camera crew guys spots my t-shirt and comes running over "Dude! Great shirt!!!" He pulls out his phone to show me that his wallpaper is the same old logo. Fist bump, then he says, "Sorry man, gotta get back to work." The whole thing happened in about 4 seconds as the group strolled by. Then again, I was still half in-the-bag from the night before. They tell me it was some sort of bachelorette party, so I'll have to try to Tivo to see if there's some dazed bald dude in the background.

My buddy said it best, "We know how to have fun."

[/LAMP]

Sounds like a great weekend. I'll be out there next weekend for a bit of business and a lot of fun. Gotta love Vegas.

Sounds like a great weekend. I'll be out there next weekend for a bit of business and a lot of fun. Gotta love Vegas.

Leaving Friday for a long weekend. Buddy of mine is getting married on Sunday so I'm bringing my "A" game.