Trent Edwards in the house....

You know what Eli Manning has done his since he's been in the league? He stayed in NY and practiced with his receivers during the offseason when he wasn't expected to.

It's a sad state of affairs when so many Bills fans here are so accepting of Trent's minimum time and effort. Unbelievable.

Not really he practiced with Tim Carter mostly since Plaxico was down in Miami training with Shockey at The U. It was a pretty big deal at the time. A lot of the media round here was over how that was setting a bad example. I wouldnt say ELI has exactly lit the world on fire either. He made some plays when he had to. The giants were where they were cause of defense.

What exactly was Edwards suppouse to do? Go fishing with Turk? :lol:

You know what Eli Manning has done his since he's been in the league? He stayed in NY and practiced with his receivers during the offseason when he wasn't expected to. His brother Peyton did the same thing his first few years in the league. I heard that Brady never left NE's facilities in the offseason when he was starting out. Trent's priorities? Go play a whole lot of golf and get plenty of rest. Hey, why not. Buffalo Bills fans don't care as long as you can check down a whole bunch. You don't even need to throw touchdown passes to get their hearts all a flutter. Hey it's Buffalo, no one cares if you leave for three months even if you are the starter at the games most important position.

It's a sad state of affairs when so many Bills fans here are so accepting of Trent's minimum time and effort. Unbelievable.

Your boyfriend JP went to Mexico and Australia last offseason. He should have stayed in Buffalo. What a sad state of affairs his season turned out to be...

It's such a bunch of garbage that it doesn't even justify serious comments. I'd like to see some articles about players offseasons and what they do. I'd be willing to put money on most QB's, including the good ones, going somewhere other than the practice facility during the offseason.

Why? Just because he showed up after a 3 month layoff doesn't mean the argument goes away dude. For a guy that completely fizzled out the way he did, to leave for three freaking months acting like a vested veteran was and still is wrong. Hate to break it to you, but it just might be that Trent's not into playing football as much as you guys like to think. He clearly wasn't too into being an offseason leader.

Wow I was shocked to see that the site had crashed, nice to see you are re-posting all of your BS.....

GO Buffalo!

Why? Just because he showed up after a 3 month layoff doesn't mean the argument goes away dude. For a guy that completely fizzled out the way he did, to leave for three freaking months acting like a vested veteran was and still is wrong. Hate to break it to you, but it just might be that Trent's not into playing football as much as you guys like to think. He clearly wasn't too into being an offseason leader.

Yes..He was definately needed here to cheer on the GM as he traded for Marcus..Perhaps he couldve ran down to the fridge and grabbed Russ a bottle water too..

Wow. You don't have an agenda against Trent at all do you? :)

Look, for better or worse, Trent is our new starting QB, how about we not do like the Losman-Haters did and throw him under the bus before the season even starts?

I'll give him 7 starts this season before I make an evaluation on him. If he's great, that's great for Bills fans. If he's not...well, let's not think about that shall we....?

He needs all of next season and then start to judge after 7 starts in 2009. QB's take time to peak in the NFL.

He gets 7 starts to show which way his career will go? If that isn't "throwing Edwards under the bus," I'm not sure what is.

We've already ruined one young quarterback with our lack of patience, lets try to learn something from that.

Everybody needs to relax and let him grow into the role and support him the stadium unless he has a REALLY bad game.

You know what Eli Manning has done his since he's been in the league? He stayed in NY and practiced with his receivers during the offseason when he wasn't expected to. His brother Peyton did the same thing his first few years in the league. I heard that Brady never left NE's facilities in the offseason when he was starting out. Trent's priorities? Go play a whole lot of golf and get plenty of rest. Hey, why not. Buffalo Bills fans don't care as long as you can check down a whole bunch. You don't even need to throw touchdown passes to get their hearts all a flutter. Hey it's Buffalo, no one cares if you leave for three months even if you are the starter at the games most important position.

Did Evans, Parrish, Reed , or Royal stay in Buffalo? Anyone here for him to throw to?

Define offseason. Give some dates. Basically, you;re critcizing the guy for not being here from the first weekend of February until the 4th week of March, about 7 weeks. Sorry, but the season, whether the Bills are still playing or not, ends with the Super Bowl. For you to expect the guy to stick around from the end of December through March is laughable, unrealistic and frankly stupid. So either prove Eli (who by the way sucked from his rookie year until about December of this year) and his WRs were playing catch in January and February or save it. Better yet, tell me all the other QBs who spend their Jans and Febs working out at a team facility together.

Basically, from now until camp is when players work out together. How much working out can they do? You're building an entire case against Trent on this stupid idea and using it as your flame thrower. It's a joke.

Do you stay late at work everyday for free and work on your craft? For free.

Define offseason. Give some dates. Basically, you;re critcizing the guy for not being here from the first weekend of February until the 4th week of March, about 7 weeks. Sorry, but the season, whether the Bills are still playing or not, ends with the Super Bowl. For you to expect the guy to stick around from the end of December through March is laughable, unrealistic and frankly stupid. So either prove Eli (who by the way sucked from his rookie year until about December of this year) and his WRs were playing catch in January and February or save it. Better yet, tell me all the other QBs who spend their Jans and Febs working out at a team facility together.

Basically, from now until camp is when players work out together. How much working out can they do? You're building an entire case against Trent on this stupid idea and using it as your flame thrower. It's a joke.

Do you stay late at work everyday for free and work on your craft? For free.

Give dates? :)

Maybe you don't live around the New York area and never heard of the Jeremy Shocky dust up of why he stayed in Miami and wasn't willing to practice with Eli and the WRs over the winter.

Maybe you just don't recall the many stories about Peyton Manning's relentless dedication during offseason's past (read early in his career) practicing with his WRs like Harrison.

Maybe it's possible you didn't hear about the well traveled story of Robert Kraft not even knowing who this Brady kid was training everyday at the Pats facility in the offseason.

Three QBs with tons of dedication who happen to have Superbowl rings. Look, I hope that Trent is "The Natural" that many here seem to think. He clearly seems to think he didn't need to put extra time in.