Trade of Chad Johnson?

mis3384

You people are far too obsessed with height. Chad Johnson has been one of the top 5 wr's in the league the past several seasons. Yet you wouldn't take him, so you can draft Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed? :lol:

Johnson has averaged 1339 yards 88 catches and 8 tds a season since 2002.

Yet he wouldn't be an upgrade to our wr problem? The absurdity of that is mind-boggling.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those excuses don't cut it. Elite receivers shine regardless.

Andre Johnson shines with a bad situation and no #2 receiver

and

Roy Williams the same,

Torry Holt the same,

Steve Smith the same,

Bernard Berian the same.

A great player is a great player. I understand that a lack of QB, #2 WR and crappy OC have something to do with it but at this level you either put up or shut up, these guys put up.

I agree Lee is great but he needs to prove it on a consistant level. Period. He's a professional, I'm sure he doesn't make the same excuses for himself as we do for him.

Roy Williams has Kitna throwing to him (can get the ball to receivers, but throws too many ints), and has Calvin Johnson and Mike Furry playing next to him.

Holt had Iasac Bruce playing along side of him, and had kurt warner/marc bulger throwing to him.

Steve Smith has Jake Delhomme throwing to him, and had Muhamed(sp?) playing next to him. When he left and Dwayne Jarret was the number 2, his production went down, when Delhomme went down, his production went down again. (just ask any fantasy owner that had him)

Bernard Berrian has never had a 1000 yard season, and had Muhamed playing next to him.

How anyone would not want Chad Johnson is unbelievable. He would be an immediate improvement to our WR corp. Instead you guys would rather go with an unproven rookie? Thats absurd. I would take Johnson in a heartbeat.

Those excuses don't cut it. Elite receivers shine regardless.

Andre Johnson shines with a bad situation and no #2 receiver(hell, he had better stats then Evans in only 9 games last year)

and

Roy Williams the same,

Torry Holt the same,

Steve Smith the same,

Bernard Berian the same.

A great player is a great player. I understand that a lack of QB, #2 WR and crappy OC have something to do with it but at this level you either put up or shut up, these guys put up.

I agree Lee is great but he needs to prove it on a consistant level. Period. He's a professional, I'm sure he doesn't make the same excuses for himself as we do for him.

Now that I'm looking, here are receivers in SIMILAR or WORSE situations then Evans that had a better years.

Roddy White-ATL

Jericho Cotchery-NYJ

Brandon Marshall-Den

Dewayne Bowie-KC

This whole "his situation here sucks" theory is a copout.

I think its safe to say, Rookie QB's, an OC like Fairchild and the lack of a 2 WR has hampered Lee Evans production.

And we have stellar WR's such as Reed (who actually is an adequate #4 or #5) and Parrish ((Nothing more than a punt returner). What play would you call with this garbage

And we have stellar WR's such as Reed (who actually is an adequate #4 or #5) and Parrish ((Nothing more than a punt returner). What play would you call with this garbage

Reed has been one of the most clutch receivers for us in the last 2 years I don't think he's a bad #3 and adequate at the 2 spot until we find an upgrade.

In the 2nd qtr 71% of Reeds catches were 1st downs in the 4th qtr 75% of his receptions were for a 1st down. It doesn't get any more clutch then that.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joshreed/situat...ts?id=REE314559

Parrish on the other hand is dynamic if used correctly.

Moss had a bad rep as a person......look at the Pats, they took a risk and it paid off big time. Moss mashes well with Brady.

I dont understand why you all wouldnt want Chad Johnson. Its not like hes a bad character person. The way I see it he likes to have fun with the fans and the game. I guess the lame WR's we have after Evans you would rather stick with, oh and the fact noone wants a WR in the first round.......I mean what do you guys want? You dont want a pro bowl, proven WR that has elite talent......and you dont want a stud WR in the first......What does everyone want? You dont want a WR that will demand money, you want a cheap WR......well a cheap WR is a WR that plays behind Evans right now......lame talent. You want talent you gotta pay for it.

Id be glad to take Chad Johnson to team with Evans.....anyone who thinks its bad, well your just an idiot.

Theres a huge difference in comparing Moss going to the pats and Johnson going to Buffalo.

Moss only had 2 teams he said he would be happy going to, GB and NE, with NE being the top choice. Who wouldn't be happy playing on a team that is consistenly over the last 5 years been the SB favorite each year? Having one of the best QB's in the league throwing to you? When the Patws come back down to just being "good", or they aren't winning, you will see the old Moss return. At one point he was happy being a Raider, since it was where he wanted to play, and then he quit on them when they started to suck. Its the same with Johnson, he will only be happy when the team is doing well and he is getting attention. He is not the type of person the Bills want because he does not put the team first, if he did, he wouldn't take stupid penalties because he wants to make the highlight reel with a TD celebration no matter what it costs the team. He took a 15 yard penalty this year for his celebration after he scored the TD and grabbed the camera. Sure the fans love it, but how did that help the team? It gavce the opponents an extra 15 yards when they got the ball back, and what did he care? He made the highlight reel instead of worrying about his teams battle for a playoff spot.

He will only be happy if he is winning and the centre of attention, and he is not going to get that in Buffalo with their rebuilding team and 2nd year QB who doesn't go deep that often. The Bengals teammates have given up on him and want him gone because he is a distraction and not a team guy. Sure he is a great WR, but not worth the headache.

And that original deal the first person proposed, Are you serious??????? Who do you think is running the Bills? Al Davis? I don't get all the hate for Schobel, he is a 2 time Pro Bowler and one of the better DE's in the league, and everyone wants him gone because he didn't lead the league in Sacks last year. Him and a 1st for Cincy's 2nd and a WR and Johnson? You could probably get Johnson straight up for a 2nd at most. Moss went for a 4th and you want to give up Schobel and a 1st for him

Reed has been one of the most clutch receivers for us in the last 2 years I don't think he's a bad #3 and adequate at the 2 spot until we find an upgrade.

In the 2nd qtr 71% of Reeds catches were 1st downs in the 4th qtr 75% of his receptions were for a 1st down. It doesn't get any more clutch then that.

Reed is a good option as a #3, and Parrish has yet to even really be used as a WR.

Just adding a 2nd threat to the offence isn't going to dramatically improve them, having a co-ordinator who isn't predictable so the other teams (and everyone in the stadium) know what they are going to run next will make the team much better.

what would you expect from a 13 yr. old blogger who doesn't have a clue about football? yeah, right... CJ is a perfect fit for this team... he espouses humility and every other characteristic the Bills would want in a player.

I actually like Reed- there always is a spot for role players. If he doesn't have to be a play maker, he is fine. Ask more than that, and he will drop the ball while looking downfield. I did not click on the link, as I don't feel I have to look at his stats to justify his ability, which he does have.

Parrish is a fast little guy who was always coddled into thinking his ability was enough. He doesn't even understand that in the NFL that WR's have to run routes. As long as we have an extra slot for a great punt returner, we should keep him. He is not a reliable target for a developing QB.

Hmmm, let me see. Lets deplete our DL for a selfish (albeit entertaining) player who would cry if something didn't go his way. No thanks. Dumb idea. Really dumb.

I read the football365 article and it made a lot of sense. Why not trade for CJ?

BUF Gets:

-WR Chad Johnson

-CIN 2nd RD Pick

CIN Gets:

-BUF 1st RD Pick

-DE Chris Kelsay