Virginia's OG Branden Albert looks to be a 1st rder.

It's great to see a homeboy on the verge of great success. I sure wish that the Bills would get him but that's not going to happen. Not only because he's one of our own but also because of the type of player he is. Talk is that he'll be converted from G to T at the next level. He's the kind of player that teams want on their roster. Go Branden!

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/branden-albert?id=660

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle....DB_OEM_ID=17800

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33795

Best Guard in the draft.

I didn't know he was from our home town.

Same here...

Mayock LOVES the Kid...Says he's a major mauler and REAL good on the run...

Well...I'll watch his progress for sure now that I know he's from Home... :lol:

Virginia's coach Al Groh was on Sirius radio and just absolutely loves this guy. Let me put on some armor before I say this but I wouldn't mind one bit if we used our 1st rder in next year's draft in a package to get this kid.

DraftTek has him at 23 to Pittsburgh. Another reason for the #22-#28 tradedown. Take Albert at #22 to disappoint the Stillers, then Hardy at 28 to disappoint the 49'ers.

DraftTek has him at 23 to Pittsburgh. Another reason for the #22-#28 tradedown. Take Albert at #22 to disappoint the Stillers, then Hardy at 28 to disappoint the 49'ers.

I have no prob. with that. Put him at RG and he can back up the other 3 spots (RT,LT,LG)

Another affect of selecting this guy is that the Kirk Chambers experiment would come to an end! Brad Butler could be the reserve Tackle and Guard, with Branden Albert starting at ORG. The upgrade over Butler, IMO, would allow the Bills to build a dominant O-line for the forseeable future. Teams win in the trenches, and this selection could cement a playoff run in 2008. I'd be happy about it, without question! Who needs WR's early when ours could run free all day with a stout OL. Oh, the happy thoughts flood in.....

He's a very good dude who loves Rochester check out his interview we just did with him here.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2008/03/...branden-albert/

Although he was from Rochester, and he loves the city, -he makes no bones about it--He loves the warm winters in Virginia. He says, I have lived in Rochester for 17 years, so I know about the cold.

Strengths: pulling, athleticism, run- and pass-blocking

Weaknesses: in-line blocking

Sounds like a team player who's willing to work: Goal is perennial 1000 yard rusher, be a Pro Bowler and Hall of Famer.

Says he's like Walter Jones. Versatile, could move to LT.

Although he was from Rochester, and he loves the city, -he makes no bones about it--He loves the warm winters in Virginia. He says, I have lived in Rochester for 17 years, so I know about the cold.

Strengths: pulling, athleticism, run- and pass-blocking

Weaknesses: in-line blocking

Sounds like a team player who's willing to work: Goal is perennial 1000 yard rusher, be a Pro Bowler and Hall of Famer.

Says he's like Walter Jones. Versatile, could move to LT.

Sounds better coming from him plus the hits wont hurt the website, ya hit blocker :)

Don't know much about him, and not to pre-judge but a 6'7 guard? I would have to wonder if he ever struggles with his pad level, or might be better suited at the tackle spot for the next level. Again, not saying a 6'7 guard can't work out, but G/C is such a leverage based position which is why you usually see more stocky compact players at these spots. His build looks ideal for a LT.

if this guy is a true super star guard (like larry allen, hutch type guy) and can play RG then getting him at 11 would make sense.

even tho we need playmakers badly, if we can get a 3rd for jp and trade our 2nd and extra 3rd for a 1st, we can still grab a stud WR and get a good TE in the 3rd round.

that would beast up our line pretty crazy. we'd be like KC a few years ago!