Faux conservatives show no respect for the process

Adam

Rush Limbaugh claims to be a conservative, despite having no respect for the values this country was built on. What he is commanding his disciples to do goes against everything America stands for.

It would be easy for each party to try to foul up the nomination process of the other, but there is a reason it is seldom done. This shows no concern for America or the system, and is not what the conservatives I know would do or would condone. If the win, it should be based on them winning, and same with if they lose.

He is still into shortcuts, and I am sure he still is in other aspects of his life as well. Talk radio sucks, it hollows out the mind.

He is still into shortcuts, and I am sure he still is in other aspects of his life as well. Talk radio sucks, it hollows out the mind.

Then why do you listen to it, instead of music?

Then why do you listen to it, instead of music?

I don't. I used to just to get a laugh, but hearing about it drives me up a wall. More respect should be given to the process than that- from both sides

Here's a novel idea. How about only allowing Democrats to vote in the Democrat primaries, and only Republicans in the Republican primaries. If people aren't willing to commit to a party, then they shouldn't have a say in who that party nominates for the general election. Don't like the choices, then start your own party.

Here's a novel idea. How about only allowing Democrats to vote in the Democrat primaries, and only Republicans in the Republican primaries. If people aren't willing to commit to a party, then they shouldn't have a say in who that party nominates for the general election. Don't like the choices, then start your own party.

Do you agree with the premise though- that people shouldn't interfere by voting for the candidate least likely to win. If everyone started doing that, it would turn the election process into a farce.

I don't. I used to just to get a laugh, but hearing about it drives me up a wall. More respect should be given to the process than that- from both sides

Whatever.

Maybe if faux liberals didn't listen to this guy everyday just so they could have something to whine about, he wouldn't get as much notice as he does.

Here's another idea...how about we take other parties more seriously so we don't to continually rely on those two joker parties for a president?

Rush Limbaugh claims to be a conservative, despite having no respect for the values this country was built on. What he is commanding his disciples to do goes against everything America stands for.

It would be easy for each party to try to foul up the nomination process of the other, but there is a reason it is seldom done. This shows no concern for America or the system, and is not what the conservatives I know would do or would condone. If the win, it should be based on them winning, and same with if they lose.

This happens both ways all the time. You don't think faux liberals were out punching the ticket for Mccain this time? Give me a break, this guy was dead, had no money and was ready to pack it in. The dems in droves saw this and figured why not shake things up and push a liberal repub up to piss of the core conservative bunch. To that the dems did a great job. Too bad they've now cause major strife in their own party. If they hadn't you probably would have seen a more drawn out repub contest and Hillary would have wrapped it up on Super tuesday, but no they got cute and the Clinton machine starting pushing for crosssovers to get Mccain elected.

Here's another idea...how about we take other parties more seriously so we don't to continually rely on those two joker parties for a president?

Or how about we abolish political parties altogether?

IMHO, that's the only way we'd see improvement. Too bad it'll never happen...

This happens both ways all the time. You don't think faux liberals were out punching the ticket for Mccain this time? Give me a break, this guy was dead, had no money and was ready to pack it in. The dems in droves saw this and figured why not shake things up and push a liberal repub up to piss of the core conservative bunch. To that the dems did a great job. Too bad they've now cause major strife in their own party. If they hadn't you probably would have seen a more drawn out repub contest and Hillary would have wrapped it up on Super tuesday, but no they got cute and the Clinton machine starting pushing for crosssovers to get Mccain elected.

There is no data to back up your conjecture.

Rush is Right though!

The fact that McCain wants nothing to do with the dittoheads sez a ton about this election. He'll have the 527's and this election cycle's version of the swift boat bozos for Bush do thier turn.

If I came across as not realizing it happens both ways, then thats bad on my part. Its one of the reasons I would never register with either party. The power brokers in both party care only about retaining and expanding their power, not about us and not about the country.

There is no data to back up your conjecture.

I don't have data; but in Fort Wayne, IN around 2000, many Libs voted for the weaker Repub candidate during the primaries who went on to win the Primaries but was handily beat by the Lib for Mayor during the General.

McCain's campaign essentially did something very similar when they gave West Virginia to Huckster.

Both sides do it. But, it might backfire.