If the Tuna can't trade out or doesn't want to pay #1 pick

the massive difference in $ given to the 1st overall pick compared to the 3rd overall pick is so much that the guy drafted by the fins would demand #1 money.

It can get really really ugly if the fins do do this, because you know whoever is selected by the rams ( i think they have the #2 overall pick) will demand #1 pick money since he was technically the #1 pick.

It causes problems for everyone and gains nothing.

the massive difference in $ given to the 1st overall pick compared to the 3rd overall pick is so much that the guy drafted by the fins would demand #1 money.

It can get really really ugly if the fins do do this, because you know whoever is selected by the rams ( i think they have the #2 overall pick) will demand #1 pick money since he was technically the #1 pick.

It causes problems for everyone and gains nothing.

what better team to completely !@#$-up half of the league than the Miami Dolphins?!?!

seriously, if one team could do it, it would be them...

You have cornered the market on ridiculous posts. This is by far the worst idea I have heard on here for a while. DON'T pick because you want to find a trading partner...only they will still be on the hook for a #1 salary and you will get less in return? Yeah, that makes sense.

You have cornered the market on ridiculous posts. This is by far the worst idea I have heard on here for a while. DON'T pick because you want to find a trading partner...only they will still be on the hook for a #1 salary and you will get less in return? Yeah, that makes sense.

[/quote

I'm going to start off by saying that if you don't like or agree with what I'm posting that's fine but you and a few others here get too liberal with your mouth on the internet. I wonder just how much of these personal slurs and attacks would happen face to face. I'm not being confrontational but I also know that I haven't ever said anything to someone on this board that I wouldn't say to their face. There is WAAAY too many things said on this board by people to others that I just don't think would ever happen in a live conversation. It's chicken sh--.

I tell you what is ridiculous, someone as intelligent as you who continues to read my posts and then takes it a step further and responds to it. Thanks, I appreciate your participation. I'm well within the concept and spirit of this message board and it's contents. This is a forum for information, entertainment, discussion, humor, ideas and opinions on the Bills and football in general. It's not a Mensa meeting or for personal attacks BUT the latter two aspects that I just mentioned seemed to be the favorite flavor by far too many on this board. If what I think, say or write is far too beneath you then I have a suggestion, the mods were smart enough and kind enough to provide an ignore button. Why don't you use it?

I tell you what is ridiculous, someone as intelligent as you who continues to read my posts and then takes it a step further and responds to it. Thanks, I appreciate your participation. I'm well within the concept and spirit of this message board and it's contents. This is a forum for information, entertainment, discussion, humor, ideas and opinions on the Bills and football in general. It's not a Mensa meeting or for personal attacks BUT the latter two aspects that I just mentioned seemed to be the favorite flavor by far too many on this board. If what I think, say or wrtite is far too beneath you then I have a suggestion, the mods were smart enough and kind enough to provide an ignore button. Why don't you use it?

Then why am I here?

go F yourself if you dont like the thread(just so you know I would say this to your face)...who asked you to read it anyways...I agree with Tipster about you guys getting to liberal with your mouths..thers to much of this crap going on within this forum and its sad.

go F yourself if you dont like the thread(just so you know I would say this to your face)...who asked you to read it anyways...I agree with Tipster about you guys getting to liberal with your mouths..thers to much of this crap going on within this forum and its sad.

Hey thanks for the support and being a stand-up guy.

When I posted this it was all my idea, good, bad or useless but it was my idea and I thought that it could be a cool twist to the draft. I just found this link on berndogg's post "interesting article/about draft wrs". So for all the "experts" who think that Miami would have to still pay #1 money, they're wrong. I never said that this would happen, all I said is that it could happen. Obviously I wasn't the only one thinking along these lines, regardless if it's a bad idea or not to do it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7921384...?-Eh,-not-quite

it's interesting that someone suggested that scenario on FoxSports.com

not that Pete Schrager is worth listening to...

And with the 1st pick, the Dolphins select ... nobody?

I got an interesting e-mail from reader Larry Campbell of Orlando, Fla., last week:

"What if Miami just chooses to let time expire without picking a player? The NFL doesn't penalize them and the Dolphins would still retain the pick. They can turn in their pick at any time. So they would let St. Louis pick, Atlanta pick, maybe even Oakland. At any point, they can just walk up to the podium and turn in their choice, and not have to pay 1st overall pick money to the guy. Since Miami has so many needs, they really can target any one of 5 or 6 guys with the pick. Once St. Louis and Atlanta pick, Miami's phone would be ringing off the hook with trade offers. Dallas, for instance, would be more likely to trade up to the No. 3 slot to get Darren McFadden, right? What do you think?"

What do I think? Well, I think it's a captivating scenario. And quite honestly, one that I haven't even considered. Technically, Miami could let the clock run out with their top overall pick, wait until they want to pounce, and select a player at any point in the first round. Why would they ever do this?

Well, they wouldn't. It's ludicrous.

to bad he just says ludicrus instead of really going into the bads of what might happen if it did happen..to some ppl 1 word answers arent enough..I know myself I like to question everything and I like better answers than 1 word answers..of course some things in life only need 1 word to answer or maybe 2 words added together to make one word..lol :thumbsup:

dont worry Tipster..I find a lot of your posts interesting...I knew miami would never do this but I still found the concept interesting :P

to bad he just says ludicrus instead of really going into the bads of what might happen if it did happen..to some ppl 1 word answers arent enough..I know myself I like to question everything and I like better answers than 1 word answers..of course some things in life only need 1 word to answer or maybe 2 words added together to make one word..lol :thumbsup:

umm, the quote isn't the whole article, he goes into some detail about why it's ludicrous and what could happen, you shoulda clicked the link!

Check out the other articles listed on the side...

"Did the Bengals blow it with Palmer?"

"Bills gamble on McGahee, upset Henry"

"Jaguars jump at chance to get Leftwhich"

"Falcons get there man in DB Scott"

Oh what a tangled web we weave... does this mean now WE have our man in DB Scott?

Check out the other articles listed on the side...

"Did the Bengals blow it with Palmer?"

"Bills gamble on McGahee, upset Henry"

"Jaguars jump at chance to get Leftwhich"

"Falcons get there man in DB Scott"

Oh what a tangled web we weave... does this mean now WE have our man in DB Scott?

I just read that article on the Falcons and a couple of thoughts occurred to me. First, we just may have found that bigger CB to help out against the bigger WRs on opposing teams. Secondly I applaud our current administration for still cleaning up Donahoe's gambles. In hindsight I really regret that McGahee pick but even though we made a mistake in taking him we also landed up with Atlanta's 2nd rd pick in that draft. Not bad, not bad.