Terrelle Pryor picks...

Lori

Geez...guess I have to hate him now. :beer:

You would have had to hate him a lot more if he had chosen Ann Arbor.

I'm actually a little surprised he didn't choose Michigan. I know Ohio State was the front runner, and Michigan is gonna be a mess in the short term, but I think he could have soared in RichRod's spread. I'm sure he will be fine with Tressel though...

What? He didn't choose to go to PENN STATE to be coached by the legendary Jay Paterno? I am shocked.
"Penn State isn't the place for me,'' Pryor said. "It's just not.''

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception Pryor gets when the Buckeyes visit Happy Valley in two years.

Because Pryor also made it clear he didn't care for rural State College.

"I don't like the area,'' Pryor said. "It's country-looking. I just don't like that place.''

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports...ohio_state.html

Nov. 7, 2009: Ohio State at Penn State. Get your tickets now...

Strictly football wise, I don't think it was the best decision. I really think he could have thrived at a couple other schools. Even given that he wanted to stay close to home, I think he should have chosen Michigan. Redshirt a year, and by his Junior season he would have been the guy that ushered in the spread to that school.

All that said, he'll do good enough at Ohio to make it to the NFL, and I guess that's all that matters.

Meh, Michigan isn't going to be great this year with or without him. He would have been smart to go to a school like Michigan or Oregon where he could start right away and play in the spread. But appearently that didn't appeal to him, have fun riding the bench. GO BLUE!

You know, I'm not really sure what to think of Terrelle Pryor. Yes, part of me is happy that he's going to be a Buckeye.

However, there's just something about this kid that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe because of all the attention he's getting. Or that he seems to have an entourage...at 17. I don't know for sure. I fear he could wind up being another Clarett, although he seems to have more common sense than Maurice did.

He will back up Todd Boeckman for a year (Boeckman's a senior this fall), and then the job will be Pryor's. I hope he learns the collegiate game, spends a lot of time in the film and weight rooms, and gives proper respect and due to coaches and teammates.

No matter what, I'm a Buckeye fan forever.

da da da da, da da da da GO BUCKS!!!

You know, I'm not really sure what to think of Terrelle Pryor. Yes, part of me is happy that he's going to be a Buckeye.

However, there's just something about this kid that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe because of all the attention he's getting. Or that he seems to have an entourage...at 17. I don't know for sure. I fear he could wind up being another Clarett, although he seems to have more common sense than Maurice did.

He will back up Todd Boeckman for a year (Boeckman's a senior this fall), and then the job will be Pryor's. I hope he learns the collegiate game, spends a lot of time in the film and weight rooms, and gives proper respect and due to coaches and teammates.

No matter what, I'm a Buckeye fan forever.

da da da da, da da da da GO BUCKS!!!

I've read several reports on the internet about him being involved in displays of poor sportsmanship,taunting and fighting,at both football and basketball games. I've also read that he drug out this recruiting process just to bring more attention to himself and that he had decided on OSU a long time ago. Being that my source is internet reports,I have no idea whether it's true or not. So I understand when you say you're not sure about the kid. Still, if he had signed on with the Maize and Blue I probably wouldn't be complaining. GO BLUE!

There are no guarantees that Pryor will be any good. It is still Boeckman's team. It should be of more immediate interest to see how Boeckman develops with a team that lost very few players. Beanie Wells should have a pretty good year with a more balanced offense. The SC game might be a good one.

As for Pryor, can he be a student under all the hype and pressure? Columbus can be a pressure cooker especially when the expectations are high. Tressel can only do so much.

There are no guarantees that Pryor will be any good. It is still Boeckman's team. It should be of more immediate interest to see how Boeckman develops with a team that lost very few players. Beanie Wells should have a pretty good year with a more balanced offense. The SC game might be a good one.

As for Pryor, can he be a student under all the hype and pressure? Columbus can be a pressure cooker especially when the expectations are high. Tressel can only do so much.

I really believe that last year was a down year at Ohio State. It was a down year for college football, actually.

Still, a down year at Ohio State, and they have a chance to win the national title?

The team should be better this year...maybe a preseason #1 ranking, maybe not. Hard to say right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah....................How's the last 2 consecutive title appearances worked out for you guys? GO TRESSEL!!

Yes, they lost to better teams while the rest of the country (especially USC and West Virginia) bitched and moaned while forgetting their own mishaps that led to their not playing in the BCS Championship game. Second place sucks but somebody has to be "it". The Bills and Sabres of past years would know.

Yes, they lost to better teams while the rest of the country (especially USC and West Virginia) bitched and moaned while forgetting their own mishaps that led to their not playing in the BCS Championship game. Second place sucks but somebody has to be "it". The Bills and Sabres of past years would know.

Oh, come on, you really think they should have been in last year's championship game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.