Manningham improves stock in pro day

Mario Manningham ran a 4.47 forty at his pro day workout. The draft is very deep at WR. Either Hardy, Sweed, Manningham, Kelly, Thomas or Jackson will be available in round 2.

The Bills need to grab a corner in round one. Cornerbacks tend to make an easier transition to the NFL level than WR's who need at least three years to become NFL "ready".

Mario Manningham ran a 4.47 forty at his pro day workout. The draft is very deep at WR. Either Hardy, Sweed, Manningham, Kelly, Thomas or Jackson will be available in round 2.

The Bills need to grab a corner in round one. Cornerbacks tend to make an easier transition to the NFL level than WR's who need at least three years to become NFL "ready".

Well, for one, why do you want the Bills to draft Manningham or Jackson. Both are undersized, and it appears that the Bills are interested in adding a bigger, more physical WR in this draft.

Second, the idea that all WRs need at least 3 years is bull. Some do, some don't. As I stated in the earlier thread, you must evaluate each player individually, and even then, if all Malcolm Kelly adds as a rookie, for example, is a competent redzone target, he's made a very significant contribution.

Well, for one, why do you want the Bills to draft Manningham or Jackson. Both are undersized, and it appears that the Bills are interested in adding a bigger, more physical WR in this draft.

Second, the idea that all WRs need at least 3 years is bull. Some do, some don't. As I stated in the earlier thread, you must evaluate each player individually, and even then, if all Malcolm Kelly adds as a rookie, for example, is a competent redzone target, he's made a very significant contribution.

IIRC, while Manningham may be listed at 6"0 178-lbs, wasn't he measured recently at around 5"9'' - 5'10" and under 170-lbs?

Surely doesn't seem to fit the picture of a WR the Bills need or are interested in.

He measured in at just under 6ft tall and 181lbs at the combine.

Myself, I'm not all that concerned about it. I don't care as long as he can play. However, it certainly appears that the Bills want a bigger, more physical receiver, so the smaller guys can presumably be scratched off the list.

The Bills are really in good shape either way. Correct, there will be some good WRs available in the second, but some of the corners will drop to the second as well.

So WR - CB or CB - WR will probably both work. I vote WR in round 1 because that pick probably actually starts at this point while the CB pick is probably behind Greer and McGee day 1 (but will play a lot I realize as the nickel).

The Bills are really in good shape either way. Correct, there will be some good WRs available in the second, but some of the corners will drop to the second as well.

So WR - CB or CB - WR will probably both work. I vote WR in round 1 because that pick probably actually starts at this point while the CB pick is probably behind Greer and McGee day 1 (but will play a lot I realize as the nickel).

I've said this many atime but will say again. The draft is about getting the best collection of talent. As to me a CB like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in Round 1 and WR Early Doucett in Round 2 is worth more then Limas Sweed in Round 1 and CB like Antoine Cason in Round 2.

why do the Bills need to grab a CB in round one?

with the way they play their corners taking one in round one would be a waste

I'm not surprized MM ran 4.4's at his pro day. He played WAY faster than the 4.6's he put up at the combine. He also plays bigger than his measurements,he's great at getting the jump ball in the corner of the end zone. As I've said before,his game reminds me a lot of Lee Evans game. I know he's not exactly what the Bills are looking for as far as size goes,but I hope if he's still availiable in the 2nd rd we take him.

so MAX997 you are saying that if we somehow got DRC in the first it would be a waste and what if he put up Pro Bowl #'s next year and he was on someone elses team because we passed him up ???? just think about that

even though i would like Brandon Flowers in round 2 i wouldnt want to pass up DRC if he was there when our pick is up

So you'd rather have the setback in three years when we could have had a top rate WR instead of this season with a 2nd rate corner.................. :devil: