WR Devin Thomas and TE Kellen Davis

Astrobot

"WR Devin Thomas was one of 14 players from the 2007 squad to work out Wednesday in front of 39 scouts representing 27 NFL teams...also in attendance were prospects from Grand Valley State...Thomas stood on his 40 time from the Combine, but recorded a 33 inch vertical and did 16 reps at 225...Thomas was also very impressive in the receiver drills...Thomas and TE Kellen Davis will travel to Buffalo for individual workouts later in the week, and Thomas has a workout scheduled with Minnesota as well..." --East Coast Sports News

Wonder if the Bills are second guessing Malcolm Kelly, and are looking at the WR/KR as a RD#1 pick, and Kellen Davis as a RD#3 pick.

Thomas Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHbkz0IMIeA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me what else to you know astro?

WR Devin Thomas (6'1 7/8, 215) was one of 14 players from the 2007 squad to work out yesterday (3-12) in front of 39 scouts representing 27 NFL teams...also in attendance were prospects from Grand Valley State...Devin Thomas stood on his 40 time from the Combine (4.40 ), but recorded a 33 inch vertical and did 16 reps at 225...Thomas was also very impressive in the receiver drills...Thomas and TE Kellen Davis will travel to Buffalo for individual workouts later in the week, and Thomas has a workout scheduled with Minnesota as well...scouts from 26 NFL clubs were present including Panthers WR coach Richard Williamson and Bengals TE coach Jay Hayes.

WR Devin Thomas (6'1 7/8, 215) was one of 14 players from the 2007 squad to work out yesterday (3-12) in front of 39 scouts representing 27 NFL teams...also in attendance were prospects from Grand Valley State...Devin Thomas stood on his 40 time from the Combine (4.40 ), but recorded a 33 inch vertical and did 16 reps at 225...Thomas was also very impressive in the receiver drills...Thomas and TE Kellen Davis will travel to Buffalo for individual workouts later in the week, and Thomas has a workout scheduled with Minnesota as well...scouts from 26 NFL clubs were present including Panthers WR coach Richard Williamson and Bengals TE coach Jay Hayes.

Thomas looked great at the combine. If the MO is going to be draft good looking combine guys, Astro may get his wish with Dustin Kellar. I think Kellar moved up into the top 25 at the combine, and Thomas moved into the 30-50 range. I didn't know much about Thomas, but he sure stood out.

Gah. I do NOT want Devin Thomas...

Why not? Did you see him play a lot last year? I didn't but the more I read about him the more and more I like him with a trade down in Rd 1. He's big and fast..............and had a hell of a year last year. If you saw him play a lot last year, what is your analysis of him?

Do we really need another WR around the 6' area or smaller? I am hoping that they can draft a WR similar in size to Plaxico.

Hey dumbass, did you even bother to look at how tall he is or read any of the posts in this thread that clearly state that D. Thomas is 6ft 2in tall? :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Hey dumbass, did you even bother to look at how tall he is or read any of the posts in this thread that clearly state that D. Thomas is 6ft 2in tall? :thumbsup:

He's not the only one who wants 6'4" 6' 6", I realize we are only talking a couple of inches here ,but that couple of inches makes a difference to some of us. :angry:

nfl.com had a video on the bills lastnight and they had buffalo taking thomas at #11...also faulk has no idea what hes talking about in this video aswell...says we need a new LT ..maybe he made a mistake but he should pay more attention to what hes saying

bills video

ugg...cant beleive im stuck back on this darn username :lol:

Why not? Did you see him play a lot last year? I didn't but the more I read about him the more and more I like him with a trade down in Rd 1. He's big and fast..............and had a hell of a year last year. If you saw him play a lot last year, what is your analysis of him?

Huge Michigan State fan.

If we get a trade down? Then most certainly. He's middle height for a WR (6'2"), has great hands and can get open, but to me he's another speedster. We have Roscoe and Lee who can go deep and burn defenses, but I want a tough, physical #2 who can go over the middle and make plays. My problem is I want a well accustommed #2 if he's going to be coming out of college. Devin played very little his sophomore year, if he'd stuck around another year, I'd say a definite top 20 pick, no contest.

I'm not saying that he isn't the guy, he CAN go over the middle, but he's better suited to burn. I'd rather have a healthy Sweed or Kelly at 11. IF we trade down? By all means, should be a great pick up.

I only caught a few michigan state games this year, but I like Kellen Davis a lot. He's not the fastest guy in the world, but he's athletic for a really big guy has good hands, and was a good redzone target. I think there's a lot of potential there and wouldn't mind if we used a mid round pick on him. He also plays D-end on pass rushing downs...that's not really relevant but I just thought it was interesting.

If we take a wide out in the first round, it does seem that it would be best to trade down and take one later in round one and pick up the extra pick.

There appear to be questions about this year's wr class and whether any of them even merit a first round grade. The other thing is that there does not appear that any one of the top receivers is vastly superior than anyone else in that group.

There was a lot of buzz about Sweed, but there are also a lot of questions about his health.

There also has been a lot of buzz about Malcom Kelley, but I heard him on Sirius the other day try to explain why did not participate in the OU pro day and it did not sound particularly convincing. He is now scheduled for April 9th (I believe) so we will see how he does.

The kid out of Indiana (Hardy?) is supposed to be a beast, but also is another Travis Henry when it comes to birth control as I recall.

The kid from UCLA is supposed to be great, but he is basically what we already have (small and fast).

In any event, I could see the Bills trading down from 11 or picking the best player available at another position with the 11th pick.

There ain't many 6'4 - 6'6 WR's who can play people. We definitely need a size upgrade but if the better reciever is ONLY 6'2 and not 6'5, I'm going with the guy who is 6'2. I'd feel better about Thomas if he did it for more than one year but he is only 21 and has a lot of upside. He's on my radar........ :lol:

Huge Michigan State fan.

If we get a trade down? Then most certainly. He's middle height for a WR (6'2"), has great hands and can get open, but to me he's another speedster. We have Roscoe and Lee who can go deep and burn defenses, but I want a tough, physical #2 who can go over the middle and make plays. My problem is I want a well accustommed #2 if he's going to be coming out of college. Devin played very little his sophomore year, if he'd stuck around another year, I'd say a definite top 20 pick, no contest.

I'm not saying that he isn't the guy, he CAN go over the middle, but he's better suited to burn. I'd rather have a healthy Sweed or Kelly at 11. IF we trade down? By all means, should be a great pick up.

I'm starting to get that "gut" feeling about Thomas...This Bills Organization has already proven they are not afraid to take a guy higher than Folks think he should go when they fall in love...The 1st time I heard Thomas' name mentioned was in Chris Brown's 3/12 blog where he said Thomas was his favorite WR in this Draft...Then last night Charles Davis says Thomas should be The Bills Pick at #11...Then I hear he's coming in for a visit...Is this all smoke? Could be, but it looks like Lee Evans all over again to Me...The fact that he's coming from a cold weather College Team does not hurt...

Just got a gut feeling The Bills are falling in love again... :lol:

I only caught a few michigan state games this year, but I like Kellen Davis a lot. He's not the fastest guy in the world, but he's athletic for a really big guy has good hands, and was a good redzone target. I think there's a lot of potential there and wouldn't mind if we used a mid round pick on him. He also plays D-end on pass rushing downs...that's not really relevant but I just thought it was interesting.

Kellen Davis actually ran a 4.6 at the Combine - very fast for a guy 6'6 and 250. He's very athletic, has nice hands, and his name is Kellen (aren't all guys named Kellen good TEs!)... the question on him is can he block?