I am sold. Marshawn Lynch at #12.

PIZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Marshawn Lynch any better than JJ Arrington?

Arrington's senior year stats trump anything Lynch has done. :?

Ummm, he's a way better football player. You should try watching the games instead of just looking at the stats. Was JJ considered a mid first round pick?

How is Marshawn Lynch any better than JJ Arrington?

Arrington's senior year stats trump anything Lynch has done. :?

If stats made a pro prospect, Garrett Wolfe should go in the top 10.

Lynch is simply a bigger, stronger, and more athletic player than Arrington. Lynch was also productive his entire career at Cal, while Arrington was more or less a one-year wonder. In addition, Lynch is considered a much better receiving threat than Arrington was coming out of college.

And finally, don't judge Lynch based on the fact that Arrington has failed in the NFL. In fact, I wouldn't be too quick to judge Arrington, either, considering that he was drafted by Arizona, a team which hasn't been able to run the ball effectively for years. Of note, Arrington's rushing average in 2005 as a rookie was the same as that of Edgerrin James this past year. It suggests the problem is the OL, not the RBs.

Ummm, he's a way better football player. You should try watching the games instead of just looking at the stats. Was JJ considered a mid first round pick?

I didn't get a chance to watch any of their games, which is why I'm asking the question. I think Lynch is a hell of a player from what I've seen, which is limited. I think (i could be wrong) Arrington was drafted in the second round, so he was a second round talent. I'm just scared of not getting a good value at #12.

If stats made a pro prospect, Garrett Wolfe should go in the top 10.

Lynch is simply a bigger, stronger, and more athletic player than Arrington. Lynch was also productive his entire career at Cal, while Arrington was more or less a one-year wonder. In addition, Lynch is considered a much better receiving threat than Arrington was coming out of college.

And finally, don't judge Lynch based on the fact that Arrington has failed in the NFL. In fact, I wouldn't be too quick to judge Arrington, either, considering that he was drafted by Arizona, a team which hasn't been able to run the ball effectively for years. Of note, Arrington's rushing average in 2005 as a rookie was the same as that of Edgerrin James this past year. It suggests the problem is the OL, not the RBs.

Lynch is one inch taller, and 1 pound lighter according to espn.com.

Leonard could be the pick. The less interest the Bills feign in someone before the draft means they are very interested in him.

I like Brian Leonard. He's a real versatile player with good quickness who can do a bit of everything, run, block, catch, short yardage. I dont see Leonard as a guy you can build an offense around. He would be a nice back to have in a rotation where he catches some passes out of the backfield and takes short yardage carries. I dont see leonard as a guy you hang your hat on. Giving him 20-25 carries and hoping he carries you thru november and december when you have to run the ball.

The whole RBBC thing to me is laughable. By that I mean. Splitting carries works. You ride one horse then you change it up with another back so you're not gassing out your #1 back. Whoever's hotter at the moment obviously gets more carries. I wont disillusion myself into being so naive into thinking That you can away with a RBBC with Brian Leonard and Anthony Thomas. A Converted fullback and a below average power back with little power. To make Dual Rb roles work you at least need a 1a type regardless. We don't have that on the roster and as much as people wish it to be so Brian Leonard wont be able to run away with consistency in the pros like he did at times at Rugers.

Brian Leonard at this stage for us is more of a luxury pick who's overvalued. You dont take a 2nd back high when you can grab a kenny irons or antonio pittman in the 2nd. Irons who has more potential reverting to his 2005 form as a everydown capable back with good lateral movement and quickness thru the hole who can shoulder the majority of the load then grabing a Lorenzo Booker in the 4th rd. Who has all the versatility of Brian Leonard, plus legit breakaway speed. Other then the fact he's a tailback and not a fullback. I dont see a fb/tb tweener as a necessity. As Well as the ability to return kicks and punts. Someone I'd be more interested in because I'd like to see McGee now receive more work at corner, then burn him out returning kicks as well.

• 10 months later...
Pick #1 Posluszny (sp?)

Pick #2 Brian Leonard-I hope.

Nice article but doesn't sway me. The best all around back in the draft is Leonard. I'd rather have him than Peterson or Lynch. I hope he's there when Buffalo picks.

:)

You had to bump it. :) Well at least it's funny seeing how wrong we were with season predictions, draft picks, and everything else from May 2007-present.

I think RF, even at this time last year, was in a very small population of people that thought Leonard was better than Peterson and Lynch. But I mean, cmon man. lol Had to revive that one.

I think RF, even at this time last year, was in a very small population of people that thought Leonard was better than Peterson and Lynch. But I mean, cmon man. lol Had to revive that one.

Geez. I almost guessed the first 2 picks correct!!! Maybe I'll try again this year.

You had to bump it. :P Well at least it's funny seeing how wrong we were with season predictions, draft picks, and everything else from May 2007-present.

Let it be known that I correctly predicted Leon Hall as CIN's #1 pick.

That's because I think about the B'gals every time I make a purchase...a cut of the sales tax peeled out of my wallet goes to pay off their free place of business.

You want to know why their owner Brown has such a big head? Because that's where he stuffs my money into. :)

Let it be known that I correctly predicted Leon Hall as CIN's #1 pick.

That's because I think about the B'gals every time I make a purchase...a cut of the sales tax peeled out of my wallet goes to pay off their free place of business.

You want to know why their owner Brown has such a big head? Because that's where he stuffs my money into. :)

I thought he was a Roider.. I see we're the only ones so far who have reloaded avatars. Is the birthday boy related? Stuck Jr?

i guess i have had delusions of the bills getting adrian peterson.i can live with marshawn lynch though.if we do take marshawn at#12.i hope we trade back into the lower first round and grab paul posluszny.

Is JAMIEBUF12 really Marv Levy?