Thank you, Mass Media

SilverNRed

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have, but in their effort to give the people what they want, they risk alienating those same people by either crossing the line or engaging in duplicitous talk about their true mission is. The trouble for traditional media is that they don't know if they should operate in the parochial Edward R Murrow timeframe, the crossover 24/7 hyperventilating Ted Turner world, or the up- to-the-second bombastic Drudge or Youtube mindset.

IMHO, they try to straddle the line to be everything, and are getting burned. I have a hunch many of them they wish they were PBS or CSPAN that they can deliver sober news without commercial pressure.

Totally agree. Although it's the same thing I just said about film execs that make Larry the Cable Guy even though they want to make Larry the Arabia Guy. What they want and wish to do isn't the same as what they must do and actually do. It's an ever-changing world right now, ratcheted up about tenfold because of the new technology and the net. So no one is really going to know which tract you mentioned to operate on. But it's going to be a helluva lot closer to the Drudge/Youtube one than any other for the time being.

AKA: the Pete Townsend defense.
Whatever. :thumbsup:

Your whole argument is based on knowledge of what I'm watching on TV this week in comparison to what I watch on TV every week, and how often and for how long. There's a zero in ten chance you have any of that knowledge and yet you keep talking. You're equally qualified to comment on my eating habits or what color shirt I'm wearing today.

But, please, keep going. I get a kick out of arguing with someone who has absolutely no facts to back up what they're saying.

Whatever. :thumbsup:

Your whole argument is based on knowledge of what I'm watching on TV this week in comparison to what I watch on TV every week, and how often and for how long. There's a zero in ten chance you have any of that knowledge and yet you keep talking. You're equally qualified to comment on my eating habits or what color shirt I'm wearing today.

But, please, keep going. I get a kick out of arguing with someone who has absolutely no facts to back up what they're saying.

Keep feeding the beast: good boy.

• 10 months later...
I haven't become desensitized. I feel horrible for the people who were present, will have to live that day over and over again, the rest of their lives...I feel horrible for the families that lost loved ones. I don't need to know anything more. Nothing that can come out, after the fact, will make this senseless event make any sense at all.

Good for you- and I feel sorry for those who have become desensitized. You know, the mindless people who sit in front of the tv trying to get all the coverage they can. All we need to know is that an idiot terrorist killed people.