Marshawn Lynch met with the Bills today.

Brandon

He was asked for a reason why Lynch might slip and brought up the character issue, but Schefter also said that teams that have had meetings with Lynch have had no questions about it afterward. Additionally, it is interesting that he made no mentioned of the rumored back injury that Lynch may have, particularly in a segment concerning reasons Lynch might slip in the draft.

I posted this link just alittle while ago in an earlier post of mine but it actually belongs in this thread. I think that we stand a good shot of seeing Lynch on our roster come draft day. If so, that means that he passed the few question marks that are surrounding him right now and that would be good enough for me.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/dr...awn-lynch_N.htm

I posted this link just alittle while ago in an earlier post of mine but it actually belongs in this thread. I think that we stand a good shot of seeing Lynch on our roster come draft day. If so, that means that he passed the few question marks that are surrounding him right now and that would be good enough for me.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/dr...awn-lynch_N.htm

This is my favorite part of the article:

"He's as talented as any offensive player I've been around," says Cal coach Jeff Tedford, who has coached many NFL first-rounders, including Aaron Rodgers, Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller. "He's so natural in doing it all. He's fast, strong, has great balance; he can catch; and he has a great feel for the game in all phases. He's so natural and explosive as an athlete."

C'mon now, what was the author thinking!

Tipster, some of the statements regarding the 2nd tier RBs as well as the update on the Turner situation have me believing now more than ever that Lynch is their guy at 12. IMO, he'd be an excellent addition with that pick.

Dennis, I merely tossed in that note about the non-mention of the supposed injury for those that keep harping on it. I've never bought into it. I'm now all but certain that its BS, as I'm pretty sure Schefter was the one who first mentioned it a month ago. The fact that he didn't mention it now in this particular segment leads me to believe he no longer considers it credible, either.

"He's as talented as any offensive player I've been around," says Cal coach Jeff Tedford, who has coached many NFL first-rounders, including Aaron Rodgers, Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller. "He's so natural in doing it all. He's fast, strong, has great balance; he can catch; and he has a great feel for the game in all phases. He's so natural and explosive as an athlete."

No, my favorite part was "I was innocent..."

:beer: Man, Jeff Tedford must be one badass coach! Just look at those names. Almost makes me want us not to get Lynch if he's around in round two, just cause this guys been around him. What a group of flunky bitches.

:beer: Man, Jeff Tedford must be one badass coach! Just look at those names. Almost makes me want us not to get Lynch if he's around in round two, just cause this guys been around him. What a group of flunky bitches.

I'd be concerned if they were RBs. The only guy you can point to there is JJ Arrington, who has been a bust in Arizona. Then again, its not like Edgerrin James is tearing up the league playing for the Cards, either.

They could be playing possum in an attempt to get someone like Green Bay or the Titans or Cowboys to bite on trading up and paying a premium to do so.

It's interesting that the information of Lynch's visit comes on the heels of Marv's interview stating that he'd be surprised if we landed up with Turner.

I think Simon wrote that article. :beer:

It's interesting that the information of Lynch's visit comes on the heels of Marv's interview stating that he'd be surprised if we landed up with Turner.

It is interesting, isn't it? An argument can be made that its a 'smokescreen', but in this case, it would almost seem to be TOO obvious for that to be the case.

I think its most likely that the Bills are bringing in their top 3-4 guys for one final visit before finalizing the draft board this weekend.

sure

they can get one in the 7th round too.

but neither will be a playmaker at the most critical positon in this defense.

Harris from Michigan and Siler from Florida will both most likely be there in the second round...the dropoff after Willis at MLB isnt nearly as big as the dropoff at RB after Lynch

I would take a combo of Lynch and Harris or Siler over Willis and Pittman in a heartbeat

Harris from Michigan and Siler from Florida will both most likely be there in the second round...the dropoff after Willis at MLB isnt nearly as big as the dropoff at RB after Lynch

I would take a combo of Lynch and Harris or Siler over Willis and Pittman in a heartbeat

The basis for your conclusion is wrong.

Many experts believe Lynch does not carry a 1st round grade. Brando Jackson will generate equivalent production in 3rd round.

In a weak LB class, Willis is clearly #1. He carries even more value to teh Bills (over the 2nd tier prospects) because of how his speed range will allow him it to exdel as the MLB in the cover 2. The 2nd tier prospects may be good pros in a tradional 4-3, but the drop off from Willis in the cover-2 is huge.

The basis for your conclusion is wrong.

Many experts believe Lynch does not carry a 1st round grade. Brando Jackson will generate equivalent production in 3rd round.

In a weak LB class, Willis is clearly #1. He carries even more value to teh Bills (over the 2nd tier prospects) because of how his speed range will allow him it to exdel as the MLB in the cover 2. The 2nd tier prospects may be good pros in a tradional 4-3, but the drop off from Willis in the cover-2 is huge.

what experts are these exactly? please enlighten me

Brandon Jackson isnt in the same league as Lynch

the Bills can get a MLB in the second round

They really can't get a MLB in the second round. There is far less value in RD#2 on LB's than any other round.

This makes me think that the Bills pick LB in Round 1 or wait until Round 3.

They really can't get a MLB in the second round. There is far less value in RD#2 on LB's than any other round.

Yet your mock in your sig has us drafting Harris in Rd 2? :beer:

I agree. If the Bills select a RB in R1, there's very little reason to select a LB in R2, unless David Harris is still available. I think Harris is probably the most underrated LB prospect by fans at the moment (he goes 50-75 in a lot of mock drafts on the internet), but I believe he'll go 25th-35th overall next weekend. If they select Lynch at 12 as I expect them to, I don't think it would be a bad idea at all to move up for Harris. The top 2 needs would be filled with a couple of very strong prospects with no real weaknesses in their game.

As a side note, one MLB who might end up being a major steal is Anthony Waters of Clemson. Normally, I do not like selecting players coming off major knee injuries, but it appears that he's progressing well in his recovery. He recently ran in the low 4.6s for 22 teams at a private workout in which he was said to be about 90%. So clearly, it looks like he's going to make it back and quite possibly play this season. In a weak LB draft, and a weak draft in general, I'd have no problems whatsoever taking a chance on him at 93 as the team's MLB prospect as long as the Bills also pick a solid OLB prospect at 74 or earlier.

Who's to say that we will draft a MLB? If Crowell mans the middle then I think that we just need LB(s).

Bills stories I've seen on http://www.football.com/

S John Wendling, Wyoming is rising up many boards and being projected at playing either safety position or possibly cornerback. He is getting a good deal of interest from San Diego, Buffalo, New England and Seattle. He has already visited the Chargers.

RB Kolby Smith, Louisville has visits with the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans. He had a workout with New England.

DL Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State is scheduled to visit the Bills, Colts and Bengals.

LB Clint Session, Pitt has visits with Buffalo, Detroit,Chicago, Indianapolis and Green Bay.

DL Derek Landri, Notre Dame has visits with Buffalo and St. Louis.

DL Brent Curvey, Iowa State has a visit with Buffalo.

sure

they can get one in the 7th round too.

but neither will be a playmaker at the most critical positon in this defense.

We can take Lynch at 12 and our offense is a whole lot better. We can than take David Harris in the second round-who is a true middle linebacker. He will be a tackling machine in the pros.

We can take Lynch at 12 and our offense is a whole lot better. We can than take David Harris in the second round-who is a true middle linebacker. He will be a tackling machine in the pros.

Or trade back into the 1st using our 2nd and Baltimore's 3rd. Anyone remember what it cost last year to get back into the 1st?

thats my ideal scenario