Is JaMarcus Russel the next vince young?

Please. Is JaMarcus Russell known as JMR like Vince Young is known as VY?

Of course not. You're nothing until people who don't know you casually refer to you by your initials. It took VY months to get Michael Irvin to give him his name. It'll take JaMarcus Russell at least that long.

Irvin? Irvin?? It was the good people at The University of Texas who game him that name.

I'm not saying he's a bust, but he's the next Mike Vick... overhyped, running machine that ESPN and the NFL market the hell out of to sell tickets and merch and TV commercials.

Yeah, thats true, he can run like Mike Vick. You're forgetting that Vince can ACTUALLY throw the damn ball tho, unlike Vick.

Yeah, thats true, he can run like Mike Vick. You're forgetting that Vince can ACTUALLY throw the damn ball tho, unlike Vick.

If by throw you mean he can lock onto 1 WR, and then run when WR #1 isnt open, then yes, he can throw.

If by throw you mean he can lock onto 1 WR, and then run when WR #1 isnt open, then yes, he can throw.

I mean he can actually throw it down the field, whether to one receiver or multiple receivers. Vick can't throw the ball at all. ^_^

Tennessee used a 1-read offense last year because thats what Vince had used at UT. It'll be interesting to see if Vince can play with multiple receivers. But lord knows he can actually make stuff happen with his arm.

I'm not saying he's a bust, but he's the next Mike Vick... overhyped, running machine that ESPN and the NFL market the hell out of to sell tickets and merch and TV commercials.

VY will be a way better passer than Michael Vick. It won't even be close. He threw 1 more interception than touchdown and it was only his rookie year. Michael Vick won't be half the player Vince Young will be. Vince Young will be a better passer, a better runner, and he is an amazingly clutch player. The Titans, led by him, will have at least 1 Superbowl victory in their future.

VY will be a way better passer than Michael Vick. It won't even be close. He threw 1 more interception than touchdown and it was only his rookie year. Michael Vick won't be half the player Vince Young will be. Vince Young will be a better passer, a better runner, and he is an amazingly clutch player. The Titans, led by him, will have at least 1 Superbowl victory in their future.

^_^:D;)

wow are you kidding? hes not a better passer at all. Vick needs a reciever who can friggin catch. his passing has improved alot in the last few years. look at the number of drops his recievers have and youll see what i mean.

I was at the titans game this year and i will say this about Young. he's a hell of an athlete....who plays QB his touchdown pass in the first half he just kept avoiding the rush til his reciever broke open after 6 seconds of coverage. idc who is covering no one can cover a reciever for that long on a broken play.

He might have made one good throw in the pocket that whole game. Just wait til he gets hurt and he's not as mobile. he's on the madden cover this year it won't be too long. he's gonna take alot of shots once defenses get a few looks at him and he can't just run away like a HS QB anymore. His numbers were bad enough before (51% completion. people were saying we should bench JP for that) wait til he actully has to PLAY QB

I believe he said he WILL be, he didn't say he was now. Tennessee's recievers are no better than Atlanta's. When you say PLAY QB qhat do you mean? Playing quarterback doesnt mean you have to be an excellent pocket passer, in my opinion it means you can will your team to victory in any game against any team on any given sunday and Vince Young has proved he can do that on multiple occasions while leading his team to about 5 come from behind victories in only 13 games as a starter and put his team in a position to defeat the ravens but sadly we could not get the job done because of the Ravens outstanding defense even on special teams. He is always calm and cool under pressure and can always be counted on when a play needs to be made. Everybody says wait until defenses get time to prepare for him but nobody says wait until Vince Young has an entire offseason under a great quarterback coach in Norm Chow. In my opinion Vince Young will continue to get better over the years and be a much better quarterback than Vick due to his determination to win and influence he has on the players around him.

While I may very possibly be wrong, I predict Russel will be a gigantic bust while Quinn will be a long-term starting pro. Raw talent alone rarely equals success for NFL quarterbacks.

This has Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf written all over it.

While I may very possibly be wrong, I predict Russel will be a gigantic bust while Quinn will be a long-term starting pro. Raw talent alone rarely equals success for NFL quarterbacks.

This has Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf written all over it.

I agree 100%. Hopefully Quinn will be that long-term starting pro for the Miami Dolphins. ^_^

^_^

You problems are solved. You have Donte...I mean, Trent.

Ughhhhhhh. Absolutely terrible. If they give up anything more than a 6th round pick for Green then it's a terrible trade. The guy is 37 years old, had a severe concussion, and had a bad year. I don't even want to get started on Culpepper. I thank Nick Saban (stupid son of a ......) for his brilliant decision to take him over Drew Brees.

Ughhhhhhh. Absolutely terrible. If they give up anything more than a 6th round pick for Green then it's a terrible trade. The guy is 37 years old, had a severe concussion, and had a bad year. I don't even want to get started on Culpepper. I thank Nick Saban (stupid son of a ......) for his brilliant decision to take him over Drew Brees.

Of course, you understand this makes me very happy?

Have a good night, Phin. Time for some sack.