Never ask the Queen where the toilet is

millbank

Queen and the Toilet

It would appear that if one is in the Company of the Queen , it not a good idea to say you need take a leak, and need the toilet. Turns out Williams former girlfriends Mom did this during a visit with the Queen which along with chewing gum was enough for her to tell William to end relationship with girlfriend.

Snobbery is thriving in Britain -- if you believe the upper-class scorn poured on Kate Middleton's mother after Prince William broke up with his middle-class commoner sweetheart.

"This country is riven by the class system. It is more alive than it has ever been," the Daily Mirror's royal correspondent James Whitaker said after the separation was announced at the weekend. (Watch how the UK's press has reacted to Prince William's breakup Video)

"The problem was the mother. I don't think it was Kate. When she met the queen, Carole Middleton said 'Pleased to meet you' and asked where the toilet was," Whitaker told Reuters.

The genteel would normally say "How do you do?" and talk about going to the lavatory. But Mrs Middleton was said to have committed the ultimate faux pas when invited last December to attend William's graduation ceremony at the elite Sandhurst military academy.

"Nobody could believe it when she chewed gum throughout," Whitaker said. Britain was long renowned for having one of the world's most rigid class systems, but the age of deference has now passed and politicians vie with each other to promote the merits of a classless society.

Right, like the Queen and her family are just great examples of Grace and Class.

I do agree with that. People chewing gum just does not look right. But this group of Royalty putting on superior airs, I would not have blamed the Mother if she blew a few bubbles....

I have to take the Queen's side on this one. Adults who chew gum like they are still 12 years old should be kept out of public view at all times.

Queen and the Toilet

"The problem was the mother. I don't think it was Kate. When she met the queen, Carole Middleton said 'Pleased to meet you' and asked where the toilet was," Whitaker told Reuters.

It was a simple misunderstanding......Carole Middleton is an avid poker player & had never actually seen a royal flush.

"Oh, my God, the Queen of England is acting snobbish! Who does she think she is, the Queen of England?"

And really, what kind of dimwit asks The Queen of England where the crapper is? If there's anything noteworthy about this story, it's that the girlfriend's mother is a few bricks shy of a load in the "NO SH--" department... :lol:

"Madam...I am the Queen of England! I shyt and piss whereever I please and my lackeys handle the detritus. We do not HAVE bathrooms in the Castle!"

I just remembered the scene from History Of The World Part1 with the piss boy when I read your comment.

do you mean "the lou"?

We called them lavatories in grade school... He might have said latrine?... That is the military term?...

Probably not "lou"... Didn't that term start in England during the Middle Ages? The commoners would throw the waste out into the gutter/streets and would yell that term so people could watch out... And then there were ones to come and collect it... ^_^

What is wild is castle life during that time... You know you really hit rock bottom when your sole job was the castle "dung farmer." :D

Any help here our resident English blokes? ;)

I think that is how it got started?

We called them lavatories in grade school... He might have said latrine?... That is the military term?...

Probably not "lou"... Didn't that term start in England during the Middle Ages? The commoners would throw the waste out into the gutter/streets and would yell that term so people could watch out... And then there were ones to come and collect it... :wallbash:

What is wild is castle life during that time... You know you really hit rock bottom when your sole job was the castle "dung farmer." <_<

Any help here our resident English blokes? :lol:

I think that is how it got started?

english term is "the loo" sic