Anyone here ever been "polled"

Bear

If so, I wish you people would make up your damn minds.  :huh:

These "polls" are getting a bit ridiculous.  I can't wait for the exit polls throughout the day/night of the election.

69059[/snapback]

I am a regular participant in the Zogby Poll.

As for being "polled", I leave such endeavors to TBone. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

If so, I wish you people would make up your damn minds.  :huh:

These "polls" are getting a bit ridiculous.  I can't wait for the exit polls throughout the day/night of the election.

69059[/snapback]

Nope never been polled except to determine radio station I listen to.

I have signed up for the "do not call" registry twice, (once via phone, once on the internet) and I still get solicitation calls!    :w00t:

69417[/snapback]

As do we all. I heard that if you have a store card, or a credit card they can still call you (their "affiliates").

As do we all. I heard that if you have a store card, or a credit card they can still call you (their "affiliates").

69457[/snapback]

According to the people across the hall (in the office, who do telemarketing), prior "business relationships" are exempt from the do not call list...which means if you simply enquire about getting an American Express card, Amex is then allowed to "cold" call you for the next six months (since it's not "really" cold calling, since you created the business relationship with your inquiry).

I believe non-profits are exempt, too, which would cover most polling organizations.

i received a call one time asking me to answer poll questions regarding the repsonabilities of the NYS Attorney General's office. A little less than 2 minutes after listening to someone on the other end who had some reading disability, i handed the phone over to my 3 year old neice and let her handle it.

I either put them on hold or put the phone down and walk away. They get the hint eventually and it costs them money to stay on the line.

I used to fill return envelopes with other junk mail. Obviously the Post Office needs the business. I need to start doing that again.

I either put them on hold or put the phone down and walk away.  They get the hint eventually and it costs them money to stay on the line.

I used to fill return envelopes with other junk mail.  Obviously the Post Office needs the business.  I need to start doing that again.

70076[/snapback]

I fill 'em with cat fur. :(

i received a call one time asking me to answer poll questions regarding the repsonabilities of the NYS Attorney General's office.  A little less than 2 minutes after listening to someone on the other end who had some reading disability, i handed the phone over to my 3 year old neice and let her handle it.

69533[/snapback]

Well at least they were trying their best to make a living as opposed to collecting SSN for their disability. A little patience goes a long way.