Bills at Skins Dec. 2

scribo

I plan on going with my family, which means I am going to need six tickets. I was wondering if anyone here knows the stadium (FedEx Field) well? I am looking at tickets in the 200 sections, but I keep reading "obstructed view" notes with the tickets in row 20 and up. Does anyone here know just how bad these obstructions are? I checked out the the Skins' Web site, but I cannot find any pictures that show obstructions.

Besides that, anyone planning on getting together for this game?

I plan on going with my family, which means I am going to need six tickets. I was wondering if anyone here knows the stadium (FedEx Field) well? I am looking at tickets in the 200 sections, but I keep reading "obstructed view" notes with the tickets in row 20 and up. Does anyone here know just how bad these obstructions are? I checked out the the Skins' Web site, but I cannot find any pictures that show obstructions.

Besides that, anyone planning on getting together for this game?

Good luck getting tickets, Washington has a huge waiting list for seasons, doubt its going to be easy to get tickets for 6 in that stadium without paying a fortune

I'm planning on returning to DC for that game. A Redskin's season ticket holder friend of mine knows I'm a Bills fan and is giving me his other seat.

200-level seats sound great. Here's an interactive web page where you can click on your exact section and get a look at the field. Maybe if you click on that section you can see what "obstructed view" is all about. (Maybe those fans stand for the entire game? :nana: )

What section are you in? I'll be in the upper deck somewhere....

http://www.redskins.com/tickets/stadium.jsp

Thanks for that link. I have figured it out. Once you hit row 20 and above in the 200s sections you go under the upperdeck, so there are support pillars that block some of the field. There is a ticket broker site the Skins link to on their official site that have tickets for about $110 a piece.

Thanks for that link. I have figured it out. Once you hit row 20 and above in the 200s sections you go under the upperdeck, so there are support pillars that block some of the field. There is a ticket broker site the Skins link to on their official site that have tickets for about $110 a piece.

I have been to the staduim bout 10 times, but really do not know it well. But, I remeber when Danny first started selling these tickets, I would say maybe three years ago. All I have heard is that in some of these seats you can see no more than half the field!!! Only people who buy em are out of towners in to see their squad play.Then they get all mad when they can't see half the game.I would not buy them at any price.

I have sat under the overhang in the 200s several times, but in seats that were meant to be sold, not the seats Danny wedged in there as obsructed view! BTW, the non obstructed view seats in the 200 are great

Not really....There is always Stub Hub...In fact there are tkts for this game.

StubHub.com Buffalo at Washington

Like I said, the cheap ones are obstructed view, where I am pretty sure the section you are loooking it is located. This from the washington post.

Langguth's two seats, priced at $69 each, are among 4,000 new general admission seats that were created by adding 10 rows to the back of the lower bowl section that rings the north half of the stadium. They are tucked under the premium club seats. Giant pillars block the view from a number of the new sets, which are built on metal risers. Dozens of flat screen televisions and speakers have been installed to compensate for the obstructed views.

Langguth, 59, said he gave up his upper-deck seats in section 452 priced at $59 per seat in order to move to the lower bowl, where his seats cost him $69 apiece. He said he was told the lower bowl seats had a "limited view," but was told only part of the end zone would be obscurred. He said he was also told he would not see the scoreboard, high passes or punts.

When he arrived at the Redskins-Carolina Panthers game two weeks ago, he sat down in his new seats and found a pillar blocking the entire midfield between the 35-yard lines.

"I said something's got to be wrong here," Langguth said. "I'm supposed to have a clear view of the field, and all I can see is a column."

Langguth said he has talked to the sales staff and they told him that refunds were not allowed.

Man, that Redskin organization is class all the way.....

Like I said, the cheap ones are obstructed view, where I am pretty sure the section you are loooking it is located. This from the washington post.

Langguth's two seats, priced at $69 each, are among 4,000 new general admission seats that were created by adding 10 rows to the back of the lower bowl section that rings the north half of the stadium. They are tucked under the premium club seats. Giant pillars block the view from a number of the new sets, which are built on metal risers. Dozens of flat screen televisions and speakers have been installed to compensate for the obstructed views.

Langguth, 59, said he gave up his upper-deck seats in section 452 priced at $59 per seat in order to move to the lower bowl, where his seats cost him $69 apiece. He said he was told the lower bowl seats had a "limited view," but was told only part of the end zone would be obscurred. He said he was also told he would not see the scoreboard, high passes or punts.

When he arrived at the Redskins-Carolina Panthers game two weeks ago, he sat down in his new seats and found a pillar blocking the entire midfield between the 35-yard lines.

"I said something's got to be wrong here," Langguth said. "I'm supposed to have a clear view of the field, and all I can see is a column."

Langguth said he has talked to the sales staff and they told him that refunds were not allowed.

This is not a great stadium. In old RFK Stadium, if was impossible, forever, to get season tickets; all seats were in demand. Today, Danny's boys are begging you to buy his deficient seats. So be careful.

One thing I always found worked at the old stadium was to wait outside until the game started. There were always so many trying to scalp tickets that once the game started, you could get tremendous deals. Of course, six is likely to be a problem.