A clue that Marvs may have Pittman in his scope

Davis Signs With Texans: The Bills have lost another unrestricted free agent. Andre Davis has signed a deal to join the Houston Texans. It doesn't appear the Bills tried to keep the wide receiver. That is a bit surprising since he was a demon on special teams, something Marv Levy covets. Davis didn't work his way into the receiver rotation with the Bills last year as they had hoped.
- Billsdaily.com

Not only do I think Pittman would not only be a good change up RB but would be great on SP teams

The Bills decided not to retain the services of their 5th wide receiver which clearly indicates they are interested in a 3rd round rookie RB. How could I have missed this?

Sorry helmet hair, but I have to agree with "Laces Out!" on this one. I know the Bills and Marv covet ST'ers as good as Davis but he does not come cheap, is getting older and the Bills may want to take a shot at adding depth at WR in the draft.

I love our guys, but we do have a lot of veterans at WR that aren't necessarily as good as what we are paying them.

The Bills decided not to retain the services of their 5th wide receiver which clearly indicates they are interested in a 3rd round rookie RB. How could I have missed this?

:nana:

i'm trying to figure out if marvs is related to marve

He was only a WR by name. Do you really thing they had him here for his receiving skills or his Special Teams skills. I think the answer is apparent. This guy will never touch the ball as a WR for more than a play or 2 during the season. BTW, Pittsman goes in the second round, how about a bet?

He was only a WR by name. Do you really thing they had him here for his receiving skills or his Special Teams skills. I think the answer is apparent. This guy will never touch the ball as a WR for more than a play or 2 during the season. BTW, Pittsman goes in the second round, how about a bet?

With the texans, I think he will

They are looking for a #2 because Moulds couldn't cut it for them, Maybe they thought bringing in another Bill could solve their problem

You know, I was checking the Bills 2006 WR depth chart and Davis was not on it?

Wide Receivers

Lee Evans

Peerless Price

Josh Reed

Roscoe Parrish

Sam Aiken

George Wilson

Chris Denney

Daunta Peterson

And why do the Bills need to replace Davis with another WR for a SP teams job?

Wide Receivers

Lee Evans

Peerless Price

Josh Reed

Roscoe Parrish

Sam Aiken

George Wilson

Chris Denney

Daunta Peterson

They probably don't

Davis was a grewat STer, and that is the only reason they should have kept him, he was nothing more then depth at WR as there were a minimum of 4 WR's above him, and thats saying he tied Sam Aiken

Not to get touchy here, but yes, when they first brought him in (I believe post Moulds, pre-Price) they were DEFINITELY hoping that he would contribute to the WR position. Secondly, It would be nice if they could get a receiver in here that could do both (what was that guys name, Tasker something).

Thirdly, to be kind, your logic to letting Davis go as a precursor or omen to us getting Pittman (not saying it won't happen) is tenuous, at best.

Jeepers, we need this draft to happen soon.

Post of the Year!

Wide Receivers

Lee Evans

Peerless Price

Josh Reed

Roscoe Parrish

Sam Aiken

George Wilson

Chris Denney

Daunta Peterson

Perhaps they want to replace Davis with a WR, who can actually play WR?

If the guy couldn't get on the field with that illustrious cast ahead of him should be a bigger sign why Bills didn't retain him. Having him play well on ST was a surprise bonus, not why they signed him in the first place.

I think that your post would make more sense if you said, Davis's signing in Texas means that Shaud Williams will likely get more ST playing duty, while Bills look to upgrading the backup WR position.

if I pick up a RB in the 2nd round, no way I have him back there playing special teams....

If he does play gunner (which is kind of like a player you know may be a human sacrifice at any time) it says something not so positive about the pick....Our new gunner is probably going to be a 6th or 7th round corner or Jim Leonhard. Jabari Greer is a damn good gunner -- its a good thing to because he can't cover a book as a corner...

You do realize what your OP says right? And why there's a big

in logic?

NO Christ! Just making the case why Pittman may have more value to the Bills now then he did yesterday. I’m in a way following up on a post of mine a week ago on “ Why Is Pittman being overlooked” in which I believe the Bills will have a great interest in him because of his speed and toughness and the dual rule he could play as RB and SP teamer. We do not need any more WR, WE NEED MORE RB’s , it’s a big plus if they could be great on sp teams!

NO Christ! Just making the case why Pittman may have more value to the Bills now then he did yesterday. I’m in a way following up on a post of mine a week ago on “ Why Is Pittman being overlooked” in which I believe the Bills will have a great interest in him because of his speed and toughness and the dual rule he could play as RB and SP teamer. We do not need any more WR, WE NEED MORE RB’s , it’s a big plus if they could be great on sp teams!

Okay fair enough, but you didn't say that in your OP. That's why you're taking heat for it. You said that we are interested in Pittman because we didn't sign Davis. Big difference. I would not be disappointed at all with the Bills drafting Pittman.

Every discussion on here is an op; this is what this board is about. How does “A clue that Marvs may have Pittman in his scope” convey anything but my op?

No, I'm getting heat because some people like to make wise cracks while others are just being tools.