Farve is 100% certain that Randy Moss will be a Packer.

As much as Al Davis likes Russell he's got OC Greg Knapp harping in his ear about the time frame to develope a young QB. Look for Davis to take the safer bet and take Johnson and rid himself of a malcontent in Moss. The compensation coming from the Packers will probably come in the form of pick(s) out of the 2008 draft.

Once this unfolds the question then would be who takes Russell? The logical choice would be Detroit but they are rumored to really trying to get out of their current pick at #2. Even if they can't trade down they would have quite a dilemma on their hands on what to do. Grabbing Russell wouldn't do anything for them this year and winning now is a must. They have an offense intact and taking OT Joe Thomas would make it go. He's another safe bet that should be a fixture on their O-line for years to come.

Cleveland is another team that needs to start showing success now. They can't afford to throw another year away. In selecting Quinn they would be getting a QB with alot more starting experience, not to mention the Charlie Weiss influence and hometown boy appeal at the gate.

I could go through the next three teams and justify why they would not need Russell and would be willing to pass but I think the obvious could be figured out. No, I think Russell would make it to the Vikings at #7 and that's where it would get interesting. Here's a team with that has plenty of needs and I can see them making a trade here. Childress has the Eagle connection and McNabb has seen better days. Say what you want about the Eagles but when they do want someone in the draft they do step up.

The Eagles pick at #26 in the 1st rd and the only way to have a chance to jump up so far in the rd would be not only adding pick(s) but player(s) also. Fortunately for them Minnesota is a team that has multiple needs to fill. I theorize that the Eagles would trade their 1st (#26) and 2nd rd (#57) to the Vikings. In addition they add TE LJ Smith and LG Todd Herremans. This may be enough in compensation but if not they might have to add a 3rd or 4th rder out of the 2008 draft as well.

I could go on and on but let's just end it by saying that the Vikings would love to be able to address two big needs (OG and TE), still pick in the 1st rd and obtain a quality O-lineman (Staley?) or WR (Meachem?) with the 26th pick and grab an extra pick in the 2nd rd. The Eagles usually prepare well in advance for their needs and this would be a wise choice in grabbing Russell now and let him develope behind McNabb.

The Eagles usually prepare well in advance for their needs and this would be a wise choice in grabbing Russell now and let him develope behind McNabb.

McNabb is only 30 years old. He is entering his 9th NFL season. He is entering the prime for an NFL QB. Unless you figure his injuries the last two seasons have permanently hindered his abilities, I would think there isn't a hope in hell the Eagle would spend sooooo many resources for a backup.

Manning is entering his 10th season & is 31 years old......maybe the Colts will trade up to get him instead.

McNabb is only 30 years old. He is entering his 9th NFL season. He is entering the prime for an NFL QB. Unless you figure his injuries the last two seasons have permanently hindered his abilities, I would think there isn't a hope in hell the Eagle would spend sooooo many resources for a backup.

Manning is entering his 10th season & is 31 years old......maybe the Colts will trade up to get him instead.

Manning never missed a game. There's been rumblings about McNabb, how true I don't know but the Eagles usually don't wait until they have the need before they address it.

If McNabb is just entering his prime at 30, why isn't Manning in his prime at 31?

Although I think you've picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue I do find interesting your initial topic.

If Moss is gone to GB and Calvin 'Klein' is taken #1, where Russell goes does throw a monkey wrench into things. That would really make things interesting.

Why do you say Moss is 100% guaranteed?

Although I think you've picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue I do find interesting your initial topic.

If Moss is gone to GB and Calvin 'Klein' is taken #1, where Russell goes does throw a monkey wrench into things. That would really make things interesting.

Why do you say Moss is 100% guaranteed?

Here's a link to your question. Now I got to go, my glue is starting to dry up.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LIONS WOULD DRAFT-AND-TRADE JOHNSON

As Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports, the Raiders are wrestling with the question of whether to take quarterback JaMarcus Russell or receiver Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. Owner Al Davis reportedly wants Russell, but offensive coordinator Greg Knapp -- who knows all too well the struggles relating to the development of a high-profile quarterback -- wants Johnson.

We're now told that, if the Raiders don't pick Johnson, the Lions plan to snare the Georgia Tech wideout with an eye toward promptly trading him.

It's a potential move that conjures memories of the deal that sent Eli Manning, the No. 1 pick in 2004, from the Chargers to the Giants for Philip Rivers, the No. 4 pick, and other picks that yielded linebacker Shawne Merriman and kicker Nate Kaeding.

Possible trade partners include the Buccaneers, the Redskins, the Vikings, and the Falcons. It's unlikely, however, that the Lions would swap Johnson to another NFC North team.

As to the Falcons, there is increased talk that the Atlanta football franchise would like to keep Johnson close to home.

Seems like Calvin will be a hot commodity.....

LIONS WOULD DRAFT-AND-TRADE JOHNSON

As Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports, the Raiders are wrestling with the question of whether to take quarterback JaMarcus Russell or receiver Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. Owner Al Davis reportedly wants Russell, but offensive coordinator Greg Knapp -- who knows all too well the struggles relating to the development of a high-profile quarterback -- wants Johnson.

We're now told that, if the Raiders don't pick Johnson, the Lions plan to snare the Georgia Tech wideout with an eye toward promptly trading him.

It's a potential move that conjures memories of the deal that sent Eli Manning, the No. 1 pick in 2004, from the Chargers to the Giants for Philip Rivers, the No. 4 pick, and other picks that yielded linebacker Shawne Merriman and kicker Nate Kaeding.

Possible trade partners include the Buccaneers, the Redskins, the Vikings, and the Falcons. It's unlikely, however, that the Lions would swap Johnson to another NFC North team.

As to the Falcons, there is increased talk that the Atlanta football franchise would like to keep Johnson close to home.

Seems like Calvin will be a hot commodity.....

Not if the Raiders take him with the first and remove him from the market. That was the point of this post, that and Russell sliding in the draft.

I would think that Bills' fans should be rooting for Calvin Johnson to be drafted first. Having the two top QBs still on the board when Detroit and Cleveland are ready to pick will create two things. One, Detroit will have no leverage over Cleveland. They have been posturing, trying to sell the idea that they may take Quinn so Cleveland would trade with them. Having both QBs and T Joe Thomas available gives Cleveland alot of options. Secondly, both teams should be choosing from these three players and I still believe that Russell will be the odd man out. This scenario will keep Peterson on the market and the next two teams selecting, Tampa and Arizona, should be addressing other needs. Washington's pick is where we need to be if we in fact do want Peterson.