NLCS- St Louis Cardinals vs Houston Astros

Like A Mofo

I figured since a Cards fan (BF) started the Yanks/Sox thread, why not have another fan start the Cards/Stros thread???... :huh:

This series isnt getting the press it deserves, so many big stars in this series, should be a very entertaining series.

Im picking the Cards in 7, home field and the Cards bullpen will be the key.

Thoughts???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured since a Cards fan (BF) started the Yanks/Sox thread, why not have another fan start the Cards/Stros thread???...  :huh:

This series isnt getting the press it deserves, so many big stars in this series, should be a very entertaining series.

Im picking the Cards in 7, home field and the Cards bullpen will be the key.

Thoughts???

68855[/snapback]

Where can I catch that game? Fox has NY/Bos... will FSN have the Cards game?

What? You mean they're having an NL Championship Series this year? Why are we just hearing about this now??

I don't know why so many people aren't even giving the 'Stros a chance. All they have to do is steal one of the first 2 in St. Louis and they're heading back to Houston with Clemens and Oswalt going on 4 days rest. It's doable for Houston.

What?  You mean they're having an NL Championship Series this year?  Why are we just hearing about this now??

I don't know why so many people aren't even giving the 'Stros a chance.  All they have to do is steal one of the first 2 in St. Louis and they're heading back to Houston with Clemens and Oswalt going on 4 days rest.  It's doable for Houston.

68928[/snapback]

Guess which team won the season series this year?

What?  You mean they're having an NL Championship Series this year?  Why are we just hearing about this now??

I don't know why so many people aren't even giving the 'Stros a chance.  All they have to do is steal one of the first 2 in St. Louis and they're heading back to Houston with Clemens and Oswalt going on 4 days rest.  It's doable for Houston.

68928[/snapback]

But then Clemens and Oswalt back for 6 and 7 on the road on three days rest.

I originally said Cards in 7, but now Im thinking 6

68928[/snapback]

I will give the Astros plenty of chance to win this series. They have the team that can get it done. I hope not obviously but I wouldn't be shocked to see it.

Guess which team won the season series this year?

68961[/snapback]

Heh....the 'Stros.

I got to see a lot of their games on FSN Southwest and they were amazing down the stretch. Actually, you wouldn't have to even see their games to know that - going 36-10 to finish the season says it all.

I'm pretty sure they were also the only NL team to have a winning record against the Cardinals this season. They're good, and I think they match up well. In contrast, the Dodgers had nothing on St. Louis.