Patrick Willis is an animal ...

P-Train....you just got another huge fan. I had seen clips of him before, but chasing down Darren McFadden (1:31) just sealed the deal. What incredible closing speed. Sign him up!

willis and whitner would patrol a lot of real estate just past the line of scrimmage. would be very difficult to do much against the bills in that part of the field, methinks. and w/ a healthy crowell on the outside .... wowza.

please God, let willis be available at 12. please, please, please B-)

willis and whitner would patrol a lot of real estate just past the line of scrimmage. would be very difficult to do much against the bills in that part of the field, methinks. and w/ a healthy crowell on the outside .... wowza.

please God, let willis be available at 12. please, please, please B-)

there was another thread which cited a scouting page denigrating Willis for being over-aggressive, saying that he over-pursued and missed a lot of tackles because he couldn't control himself.

I welcome that fault. Witner had the same problem last year. The defense was effective on just about EVERY down last year except those when someone over-pursued and was caught out of position. Dante did this A LOT during the first part of the season, and Willis, being in the middle, and being a rookie in the middle (needed to make calls AND plays) will be a major liablility for his first few weeks IMO.

But, and I can't emphasize this enough, Jauron and co. seem to have knack for teaching players to play intelligently and thereby EFFECTIVELY. Emprical evidence of this being the reduction in pre-snap penalties from 2005 to 2006. Now that more players on the field will be comfortable in the T2, the mental mistakes will decrease significantly and players will be more accustom to their snap by snap obligations.

Our rookies last year did not take long to find themlves and Willis would have the comfort of YOUNG players helping him out (Ellison, Ko, Dante, KW, McCargo, and may be Youboty). I think all these factors sharpen his learning curve and allows him to use his gorilla-like instincts in the RIGHT places at the RIGHT times.

That is ofcourse, if Marv picks him. But if he doesn't, then Patrick Willis can go fack himself.

too bad he tore up his knee and ruined his career.

I guess we'll see. He looked good in the second half of last season and he appears to be back near 100%. If it wasn't for that knee injury it wouldn't even be close in my book, I'd take Poz over any LB in this draft.

As far as Willis is concerned he is fundeamentally sound as you can get and he plays with a serious nasty streak. He reminds of Lawrence taylor who not only tried to tackle you but to hurt you every time you touched the ball. I guy like this changes games and can be a force in the middle for the next 10 years.

As for Pozlusny i would not be totally disappointed with the draft pick but if Willis is there and they pass on him I will be livid.

please God, let willis be available at 12. please, please, please :worthy:

Great if we take him, but it likely only makes us better if we play him at SLB.

I would not be upset if we did draft Willis and started him at SLB his rookie season. Crowell has beefed up to 246 and has the necessary experience to play MLB effectively, i.e. call the plays, etc. as well. This makes a certain kind of sense to my laymen mind.

Crowell has never played MLB in a cover-2 either and doesn't have the athleticism that Willis does.

At least Willis has played MLB (not inside in a 3-4) his whole career.

The Bills will not lose the Superbowl in 2007 because Willis made a few rookie mistakes in 2007, but he could make them a legitimate contender in 2008.

I've been saying to get this guy for a while now. Glad to see people are finally catching on.

Oh come on now. There has been a billion threads on people wanting the Bills to draft Patrick Willis.

Don't get your hopes up...Detroit could trade back (in front of us), San Fran could take him, a team could trade in front of us to get him. Willis could very well be off the board when we select. The question then is if Marv pulls another Whitner (in a good connotation) and drafts a player they want and are afraid of missing out on if they trade back. I'm thinking of Posluszny. Would people freak out if the first round happened this way?

Willis is looking more and more like the man. Lots of good LB's available in round 2 and maybe even in line 3. I could see us drafting Willis and almost certainly one more and maybe even two more LB's. Gotta get a cornerback and a running back in there somewhere as well.