Another post about a prospect

Paul Williams?

http://www.nndb.com/people/825/000056657/p...lliams-crop.jpg

The guy is barely 5' tall. What the hell is he going to do for the Bills? Sing "The Rainbow Connection" at halftime to lift the team's spirits? (Actually, milibank would probably like that. :w00t: ).

Seems to be a great talent, but he hasn't produced, even while playing at a smaller school. Considering that WR is one of the few deep positions in this draft, I'd rather see the Bills select a more productive WR with a 3rd or 4th round pick.

i like his combo of size, good football speed, and toughness.. kinda like josh reed with 4 extra inches and a little more speed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LOyYVnN4bTs

guys even in punt block formation.. shades of EMO

Scouts, Inc. write up on Paul Williams

Paul Williams

WR | (6'1", 205, 4.45) | FRESNO STATE

Scouts Grade: 70

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy(M: MENTAL) Does not retain and learn the system(U: UNDERACHIEVER) Player that doesn't play up to ability

Strengths: Possesses excellent athleticism and speed for his size. He shows good initial quickness and can drive defenders off the line. He has good bulk and strength, but still has room on his frame to get bigger. His hands are big and he shows flashes of being able to pluck the ball on the run in space. He has deceptive speed and shows the consistent ability to get over the top of defenders as a vertical route runner. His leaping ability, body control and balance are outstanding. He makes freakish plays on occasion that display his impressive natural overall tools. He gets upfield quickly after the catch and shows some elusiveness in space. He also is a physical runner that will lower his shoulder and drag defensive backs at the ends of runs.

Weaknesses: A better athlete than football player at this point. Still has much room to improve as a route runner. He is sloppy and will round off too many of his routes. Doesn't show a natural feel for reading coverages or finding soft spots in zones. He will lose focus on occasion and will drop some "catchable" passes. Looks like he's going through the motions at times. There is speculation that he'd rather be playing DB and he spent some of his senior season complaining about being forced to play offense. Lets the ball get into his pads as a pass-catcher too often. He needs to learn the look the ball in when in traffic. He's not afraid to go over the middle, but he just doesn't pluck the ball and tuck it away as quickly as he should, which leads to defenders knocking it out of his grasp too often (see: first half vs. USC in 2005). Takes some poor angles as a blocker and lacks ideal technique in that regard. Durability is also a concern after he struggled to stay healthy as a senior.

Overall: Williams was redshirted in 2002. He appeared in seven games as a backup in 2003, catching three passes for 20 yards. Williams played in 12 games in 2004, again as a backup, and made seven receptions for 70 yards. He also carried once on a double reverse for a 43-yard touchdown. In 2005, Williams saw action in all 13 games and finished the year with 43 receptions for 729 yards, averaged 17 yards per catch, and scored 7 touchdowns. He missed two games with a knee injury and also was limited at times due to a lingering hip problem as a senior in 2006, when he notched just 21 receptions for 229 yards with one TD.

Williams has always possessed outstanding natural athleticism but he is a career underachiever. He took steps backwards as a senior in 2006, when he struggled to stay healthy and often times looked to be going through the motions as a route runner on offense. Williams has enough talent to warrant third-or-fourth round consideration, but he's a long-term project (at wide receiver or possibly defensive back) and he comes with lots of baggage.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Not a great review for him and looks like a few character flaws may be aroud, but I still think the kid has a ton of potential

I believe that he is the much younger brother of former Bill JD Williams (now a coach a UW).

Yep JD is his brother. Paul's on my list of guys I'd look for in Round 3 or 4 if shore up LB and RB in the first two rounds. Other guys I like would be Jason Hill, Craig Davis, Jacoby Jones, Aundrae Allison and Courtney Taylor to name a few.

Yep JD is his brother. Paul's on my list of guys I'd look for in Round 3 or 4 if shore up LB and RB in the first two rounds. Other guys I like would be Jason Hill, Craig Davis, Jacoby Jones, Aundrae Allison and Courtney Taylor to name a few.

I take back my other Paul Williams insult. JD was one of my favorite Bills way back when. NOBODY threw a crack-back block like JD.