Kelly listed by SI as the best 14th pick ever

Fairly interesting, and like all "lists" makes for debates (which is why they do these "lists").

I'm thinking the #7 pick certainly isn't "lucky #7".

The Winner: Phil Simms

The Skinny:

This may be the weakest spot in the top 10. Simms was a very good quarterback, and his performance in Super Bowl XXI was one of the best ever. But he's not even a Hall of Famer. Former Super Bowl MVP Chuck Howley was Simms' best competition at this slot.

On the other hand maybe #13 isn't so unlucky:

The Winner: Franco Harris

The Skinny:

A huge battle at this spot between Franco, Chargers tight end Kellen Winslow and Cowboys defensive tackle Bob Lilly. Harris' four Super Bowl rings give him the edge, although Winslow and Lilly were both among the greatest players in NFL history.

That's pretty strong.

Maybe - maybe - there was no one better picked there. But I find that hard to believe, frankly.

...or maybe not. Just went through all the first rounds since '82. Junior Seau and Jamal Lewis stand out as #5 picks. So do Mike Junkin and Rickey Dixon.

I'd've picked Seau over Sanders. But it's hard to argue with Sanders over Rickey !@#$in' Dixon. 0:)

...or maybe not. Just went through all the first rounds since '82. Junior Seau and Jamal Lewis stand out as #5 picks. So do Mike Junkin and Rickey Dixon.

I'd've picked Seau over Sanders. But it's hard to argue with Sanders over Rickey !@#$in' Dixon. 0:)

Seau for sure. Pretty freakin' weak spot, or at least since '82.