What a weekend here...

buckeyemike

Well, as most of you know, the Tribe had the entire series against Seattle snowed out.

We had (unofficially) 16 inches of snow at Jacobs Field. So, the Tribe has to go to Milwaukee to play the Angels. It wouldn't surprise me if some people actually drove there from Cleveland.

On a serious note, I became very sick after eating Saturday night and was out of commission all day Easter Sunday. Yesterday I went to the doctor, and he says that it is probably a flare up of my Crohn's Disease.

I will be getting more tests done, including a small bowel series, tomorrow. That's the test where you drink the yummy barium, which looks like milk but tastes like Mountain Dew that's sat out in the sun too long, and the radiologists take x-rays. I've already had x-rays and bloodwork done at the hospital last night. The doctor gave me the option of being admitted into the hospital to wait for the other test, but all I wanted to do was go home. I am feeling better today, but I have not eaten since Saturday.

So, remember me in your thoughts and prayers. Worst-case scenario is they snake a tube down my throat, through my tummy, all the way into my small intestine. Best-case is that some Prednisone (sp?) and Nexium take care of it.

Since Prednisone is a steroid, I guess that quashes my dreams of playing baseball. 0:)

Well, as most of you know, the Tribe had the entire series against Seattle snowed out.

We had (unofficially) 16 inches of snow at Jacobs Field. So, the Tribe has to go to Milwaukee to play the Angels. It wouldn't surprise me if some people actually drove there from Cleveland.

On a serious note, I became very sick after eating Saturday night and was out of commission all day Easter Sunday. Yesterday I went to the doctor, and he says that it is probably a flare up of my Crohn's Disease.

I will be getting more tests done, including a small bowel series, tomorrow. That's the test where you drink the yummy barium, which looks like milk but tastes like Mountain Dew that's sat out in the sun too long, and the radiologists take x-rays. I've already had x-rays and bloodwork done at the hospital last night. The doctor gave me the option of being admitted into the hospital to wait for the other test, but all I wanted to do was go home. I am feeling better today, but I have not eaten since Saturday.

So, remember me in your thoughts and prayers. Worst-case scenario is they snake a tube down my throat, through my tummy, all the way into my small intestine. Best-case is that some Prednisone (sp?) and Nexium take care of it.

Since Prednisone is a steroid, I guess that quashes my dreams of playing baseball. 0:)

just getting over a very bad cold myself .

hope all is well .

Sorry to hear about the Crohn's. That sucks big fat monkey balls, dude.

What might be worse is, as I type this, Creed just came on the tube and I can't find the remote.

Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Will it EVER stop snowing in Cleveland? :wub:

Thanks for the kind wishes.

As of right now, it's sunny, about 40 degrees, and all the snow is melting. 0:)

Yeesh!

Hope you were given some diet recommendations. Your insurance coverage might balk at Nexium's price. Prevacid is equivalent in my short experience...a 1 month script for me, not connected to Crohns.

Be sure to read up on prednisone, and its interaction with other drugs. You shouldn't take prednisone over a long time...

Ask a lot of questions if you get prescribed things like Remicade.

Yeesh!

Hope you were given some diet recommendations. Your insurance coverage might balk at Nexium's price. Prevacid is equivalent in my short experience...a 1 month script for me, not connected to Crohns.

Be sure to read up on prednisone, and its interaction with other drugs. You shouldn't take prednisone over a long time...

Ask a lot of questions if you get prescribed things like Remicade.

Not to sound like an ignorant jackass but what is Crohns?

An update...I got back from the hospital a little while ago.

The small bowel series was actually cut short. The radiologist I spoke with said things seem pretty good in there!

I am waiting on official word from my gastro doctor, but everything looks OK right now. I asked my mom to bring me some matzo ball soup from my favorite deli. I know I can handle that.

I was going to take a nap, but the Prednisone is keeping me up right now.

Thank you for all your prayers and kind wishes, and I will let you know if anything else happens. It is a testament to the power of prayer and the grace of God.

An update...I got back from the hospital a little while ago.

The small bowel series was actually cut short. The radiologist I spoke with said things seem pretty good in there!

I am waiting on official word from my gastro doctor, but everything looks OK right now. I asked my mom to bring me some matzo ball soup from my favorite deli. I know I can handle that.

I was going to take a nap, but the Prednisone is keeping me up right now.

Thank you for all your prayers and kind wishes, and I will let you know if anything else happens. It is a testament to the power of prayer and the grace of God.

Did they sample for Celiac disease?

Not to sound like an ignorant jackass but who cares about the Cleveland Indians?

B-)

On this site? Me and EndZoneCrew. Maybe SilvernRed. That's about it.

Plus most Clevelanders and at least 19,000 Milwaukeeans. :lol:

Anyone else, let me know by adding to this thread.

Since they are the parent club of the Bisons, I would think there would be some Tribe fans in WNY.

B-)

On this site? Me and EndZoneCrew. Maybe SilvernRed. That's about it.

Plus most Clevelanders and at least 19,000 Milwaukeeans. :lol:

Anyone else, let me know by adding to this thread.

Since they are the parent club of the Bisons, I would think there would be some Tribe fans in WNY.

Count me in.