Nice Article on The French Connection

The Dean

"Fans attending Sabre games at HSBC Arena only have to gaze into the rafters of the building to be reminded of Perreault, Martin and Robert. From up there hangs all three of their uniform numbers, all retired by the club." << copied from the article.

And that is my favorite memory from last weeks trip to WNY and the HSBC Arena...(Went to the Bandits game)...I pointed out to my nephew and dau, that those three players were the greatest.....When Gil got the puck and started his rush the Aud became energized.....

Great artcle !!!

Gilbert Perrault was one of the funnest players to watch I have ever seen. Nothing like a #11 end to end rush!

Thats a great article, thanks for posting!

I certainly agree.

One thing I forgot was, they got Rene Robert in the Eddie Shack trade. Now, Shack was no Perrault, and he was past his prime with the Sabres. But, his mad rushes were also very entertaining.

"Clear the Track, Here Comes Shack"

I certainly agree.

One thing I forgot was, they got Rene Robert in the Eddie Shack trade. Now, Shack was no Perrault, and he was past his prime with the Sabres. But, his mad rushes were also very entertaining.

"Clear the Track, Here Comes Shack"

Shack is my all-time favorite Sabre ever after Perreault.

I still remember the commercial he did for (I think a mattress company) that ran on CHCH-TV 11 in Hamilton,

Take it from Sweet Daddy Shackie:

"YEEEEEEEEEP, that's a real bar-GOON"! :w00t: