Fins site make it official.

JinWPB

Williams has more character in one of his toenails than Peerless Price does in his entire body and the Bills gave him 10 million bucks didn't they?

I would just love to sign a guy who places his career and teammates well below smoking pot and yoga on his priority list! Smoking pot doesn't diminish your character, but it greatly diminishes your worth to a football team. Lots of people have to make the decision to abstain from drugs and follow rules they don't think are fair to be the best at their chosen career, Ricky decided he would rather smoke pot and live in a commune. Doesn't make him a bad guy, just a bad guy to have on your team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if all young people had your insight , my view is; he didn't shoot anybody, didn't sell drugs, didn't steal, didn't beat his wife or girlfriend, didn't lie about it, and paid for his mistakes.

Shall he give a pound of flesh? Whats the saying about walking a mile in his shoes?

On a human level, I feel bad for the guy, of course. He obviously has some issues and I do hope he's got that worked out. It's sad to see people with talent like his have problems like that. I also firmly believe every should get a second chance. People screw up; that's how we learn. There's more insight than you realize.

He's gotten his second chance, and his third, and his fourth. At some point in time the chances have to stop coming. He's a role model and a professional athlete. He's not a 13 year old kid having discipline problems. Every kid watching learns that they can commit the same offense over and over with minimal consequence.

I agree with you. It wasn't a violent crime. He's not a terrible person. He doesn't belong in jail. I have my doubts as to if he belongs in the NFL, though. Millions choose to respect the rules in order to remain employed, why should he be any different? Couple that with the unlimited chances and it doesn't sit right with me.

It's not about smoking pot. I don't care about the actual offense one bit. Get stoned and eat a box of Twinkies; that is none of my business. It's not even a pot issue.

Good Lord, I don't give a crap if Ricky smoked pot, or if he still does - Michael Vick does too, but Vick didn't quit on his team 2 days before training camp!!!

Frankly, as a Bills fan, I hope the NFL does reinstate Ricky, that the Dolphins again plan their whole offensive strategy around him, and that he quits again!!!!

I hope Ricky gets another chance, my quess is if he does he will do--ok.

Sad to see the way he has been treated, ( yes I know the rules were broken). when other players like L. Taylor, M.Irving were the biggest cokeheads of the 80's.and will end up in HOF.

From all accounts Ricky wasn't smokin just to get a buzz. He suffered from some real psychological problems, for which he should have taken RX. meds for but found his answer in pot early on. He has since found relief by way of Yoga and meditation. His last suspension wasn't for pot but something in a healthfood suppliment he unknowingly took. As far as him leaving the Fins high and dry , there was more to that story also. Dave Wadsdead is rumored to have helped that decision.

So because he's crazy and that's why he smokes pot and quit on his team the day before training camp in 2005, leaving his team completely forked--it's for those reasons--that you think the Bills should sign him.

Makes sense to me! Get 'er done Marv.

It would be great if all young people had your insight , my view is; he didn't shoot anybody, didn't sell drugs, didn't steal, didn't beat his wife or girlfriend, didn't lie about it, and paid for his mistakes.

Shall he give a pound of flesh? Whats the saying about walking a mile in his shoes?

I can answer at least one of those. It's an old New York City expression. "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, That way you will be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

wow! thats pretty harsh.i don't really remember peerless acting like a punk.

Simon was right on with his assessment. I will add, however, that I think PP has grown up a little. He is no longer my least favorite Bill of all time.

As per Dolphins web site Ricky Williams has officially applied for reinstatement.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10112855

Really wish team would take a serious look at Ricky.

Are you stoned? :thumbdown: On second thought maybe that is a great idea? Let's also get Marv on the phone to trade for Pacman Jones and see if we can get Chris Henry in here too. This kinda stuff eats away at your team. As a manager of a team you really get to see how one persons bad additude (regardless of talent) can bring the whole team down.

Just say no Marv!

I think Price is a self-important little punk who I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. But I think Ricky would be an OK guy to have on the field and in my locker room.

Cya

Wow.

When Ricky the dope smoker is what you're looking for in your locker room... well... never mind.

:thumbdown:

Wow.

When Ricky the dope smoker is what you're looking for in your locker room... well... never mind.

:thumbdown:

Yeah lets get a more traditional drunk instead. Honestly, if Ricky was available for the right price I would consider it. With the exception of quitting on his team he hasn't done anything wrong IMO. Mind you this would all be contingent on him being able to pass a physical and being more well adjusted overall.

Just staying out of trouble isn't a qualification of good character, imo. I've seen tons of instances whre Price has quit on plays, cheapshotted opponents and hid behind teamates, half-stepped his way through games, run his mouth at other players, etc. On the other hand I've never seen Ricky Williams play with less than 100% effort or disprespect his opponents in any way.

I think Price is a self-important little punk who I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. But I think Ricky would be an OK guy to have on the field and in my locker room.

Cya

So a guy quitting on plays is worse than a four time loser? pRicky may not quit on plays but he does quit on his team and do drugs and so he's not even around to quit on plays. I don't like a guy who quits on plays on my team either but don't even try to put that in the same world as what pRicky's done.

If Marv wants a good belly laugh he just needs to read the title of this post. :thumbdown:

On the other hand I've never seen Ricky Williams play with less than 100% effort or disprespect his opponents in any way.

Disrespecting your opponents is worse than walking out on your entire team? :thumbdown:

Gee, maybe we can sign Dimitrius Underwood to block for him.

I hope Ricky gets another chance, my quess is if he does he will do--ok.

Sad to see the way he has been treated, ( yes I know the rules were broken). when other players like L. Taylor, M.Irving were the biggest cokeheads of the 80's.and will end up in HOF.

AGREED.

i also agree with many other posters here that ricky has only really messed up once, that being the time he quit right before training camp, i think he will be very solid for whatever team takes him, and i wouldn't mind that team being the bills.

Ricky Williams gets the wrong impression around here, he's not a bad character guy, he doesn't get in trouble with the law for anything and he's never in jail either. The only issue is whether his heart is in football or not, and I believe that it is, but not in the NFL. Ricky Williams prefers the CFL becuase everyone is a lot friendlier there and there's a lot less pressure on him, the game is more enjoyable. Would I sign him if I were the Bills? No. His heart is not in football and the only reason he's back in the NFL is to collect his paycheck. Does he have character issues? No he doesn't and that's a misconception around here.

AGREED.

i also agree with many other posters here that ricky has only really messed up once, that being the time he quit right before training camp, i think he will be very solid for whatever team takes him, and i wouldn't mind that team being the bills.

I hope that team isn't the Bills, he's not going to succeed in the NFL anymore. As much as I'll be cheering for him, after watching him for a year in the CFL and taking his attitude into perspective, he's not in a position to succeed at the NFL level. And say he does succeed. We get him for a year or two. Turner, who would be around for a long time and also doesn't have the wear and tear that Williams has, would be a much, much better option.