Fins site make it official.

JinWPB

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per Dolphins web site Ricky Williams has officially applied for reinstatement.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10112855

Really wish team would take a serious look at Ricky.

Do you honestly think with all the talk about "character" coming from the front office they would ever be able to deal with a person such as Ricky? :unsure:

Do you honestly think with all the talk about "character" coming from the front office they would ever be able to deal with a person such as Ricky? :unsure:

Williams has more character in one of his toenails than Peerless Price does in his entire body and the Bills gave him 10 million bucks didn't they?

Yeah what an A$$. I mean the guy smokes marijuana. Give me a guy who gets completely drunk before the Superbowl instead.

:ph34r:

Hmm come to think of it maybe thats why Marv is so character conscious these days.

I think it was about $10 million wasn't it?

I think he was referring to what the deal is implying that Peerless has poor character ...and compared to Ricky?

My thought...it was a joke...Peerless hasn't been in trouble with the NFL multiple times to my knowledge

As per Dolphins web site Ricky Williams has officially applied for reinstatement.

What the guy did--smoking pot--is not that bad. What he did to his team because he couldn't give it up is absurd. Who would want a team leader who can't give up the happy pipe and thereby waste the team's draft picks and flush several seasons? That is not character. Not leadership. If the NFL reinstates him, someone will take a chance on him but it won't be the Bills.

They ought to deny it. It was his forth suspension. Right up there with those juiced up baseball players. I don't understand why these guys get chance after chance. When the whole world is looking at you and you're a role model to thousands of kids, you get one chance. Screw it up and you can fall back on your Physical Education degree.

I think he was referring to what the deal is implying that Peerless has poor character ...and compared to Ricky?

My thought...it was a joke...Peerless hasn't been in trouble with the NFL multiple times to my knowledge

Just staying out of trouble isn't a qualification of good character, imo. I've seen tons of instances whre Price has quit on plays, cheapshotted opponents and hid behind teamates, half-stepped his way through games, run his mouth at other players, etc. On the other hand I've never seen Ricky Williams play with less than 100% effort or disprespect his opponents in any way.

I think Price is a self-important little punk who I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. But I think Ricky would be an OK guy to have on the field and in my locker room.

Cya

Just staying out of trouble isn't a qualification of good character, imo. I've seen tons of instances whre Price has quit on plays, cheapshotted opponents and hid behind teamates, half-stepped his way through games, run his mouth at other players, etc. On the other hand I've never seen Ricky Williams play with less than 100% effort or disprespect his opponents in any way.

I think Price is a self-important little punk who I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. But I think Ricky would be an OK guy to have on the field and in my locker room.

Cya

It's apples and oranges to me.

Of course I wouldn't want a guy that's playing as you describe Price's play. Ricky on the other hand has broken the law at least four times, ignored the consequences (both legal and NFL dictated), and gets yet another shot at it because he plays good football. How many real world workplaces have "four strikes and maybe perhaps you're out, we're not quite sure" polices?

Regardless, I'm sure he'll be reinstated and he'll probably be an asset to whichever team he plays for. I'd personally like to see the NFL (MLB, NBA, NHL) be a bit more strict when it comes to enforcing this kind of stuff. The head hits in the NHL, the steroids, the thug attitude in the NBA. There's no place for that crap in professional sports.

Cya

wow! thats pretty harsh.i don't really remember peerless acting like a punk.early on in his career he did drop alot of balls.i always remember eric moulds being the punk.i remember two differnt times where eric spit on the opposing players.peerless had a big chip on his shoulders when he was first drafted.peerless was also a young kid who didn't realize that at the time he benefitted from playing across from eric,but i have never seen him act like a punk.i also think he did good with the bills last season.i think peerless will be even better this year.bills fans should hope so because i think peerless is here for the length of his contract.go bills in"07

What the guy did--smoking pot--is not that bad. What he did to his team because he couldn't give it up is absurd. Who would want a team leader who can't give up the happy pipe and thereby waste the team's draft picks and flush several seasons? That is not character. Not leadership. If the NFL reinstates him, someone will take a chance on him but it won't be the Bills.

From all accounts Ricky wasn't smokin just to get a buzz. He suffered from some real psychological problems, for which he should have taken RX. meds for but found his answer in pot early on. He has since found relief by way of Yoga and meditation. His last suspension wasn't for pot but something in a healthfood suppliment he unknowingly took. As far as him leaving the Fins high and dry , there was more to that story also. Dave Wadsdead is rumored to have helped that decision.

Cya

I think thats the old peerless, the one who will eternally play for the atlanta falcons. Not that peerless impressess me nor do I hate him. I used to though, because of that Minnesota game back in the day.

From all accounts Ricky wasn't smokin just to get a buzz. He suffered from some real psychological problems, for which he should have taken RX. meds for but found his answer in pot early on. He has since found relief by way of Yoga and meditation. His last suspension wasn't for pot but something in a healthfood suppliment he unknowingly took. As far as him leaving the Fins high and dry , there was more to that story also. Dave Wadsdead is rumored to have helped that decision.

That about sums it up.

Cya

You are assuming, of course, that Ricky is no longer a head case - no pun intended - and that he won't once again announce that he's quitting on his team (and teammates, and their fans) 2 days before training camp, throwing their season plans and hopes down the toilet because he just can't resist the ganja....

Ricky Williams (link)

I hope he fixed whatever issues were "troubling" him and, were it not the Dolphins, would wish him the best elsewhere - but I'd never feel comfortable taking another chance on the guy.

(Don't know enough about Peerless Price, so can't - and don't - dispute you, especially about quitting on plays. He did make some pretty decent plays 'down the stretch' last season though, when we are coming on strong toward the end, and he does have a really nice Bentley!)

That about sums it up.

It would be great if all young people had your insight , my view is; he didn't shoot anybody, didn't sell drugs, didn't steal, didn't beat his wife or girlfriend, didn't lie about it, and paid for his mistakes.

Shall he give a pound of flesh? Whats the saying about walking a mile in his shoes?