Lee Evans Hall of Fame Talent

Not a big deal, but ESPN Insider KC Joyner said that Evans had Hall of Fame talent but would likely never make it. Pretty bold statement...nice that Lee gets some deserved respect.

I was just curious if the "would never make it" comment was just another Losman swipe or if Joyner had something new to add to the discussion. If anyone has Insider, it would be appreciated.

This is all you get with the preview:

Andrew (Syracuse, N.Y.): Lee Evans has "Hall of Fame" talent? Are you kidding me? KC, I think you've had one too many.

Joyner: I can promise you that inebriation had nothing to do with my comments on Evans. He led the NFL last season with a 10.6 yards per attempt. This wasn't an anomaly, either, because he also led the league in this category in 2004. He is well known as a dominant deep pass threat, but also placed in the top 10 in short pass YPA in 2006.

Here you go Bart but its only about 2 more sentences then was in the preview, and Andrew from Syracuse can eat my ass.

Andrew (Syracuse, N.Y.): Lee Evans has "Hall of Fame" talent? Are you kidding me? KC, I think you've had one too many.

Joyner: I can promise you that inebriation had nothing to do with my comments on Evans. He led the NFL last season with a 10.6 yards per attempt. This wasn't an anomaly, either, because he also led the league in this category in 2004. He is well known as a dominant deep pass threat, but also placed in the top 10 in short pass YPA in 2006.

Given Buffalo's lack of a quality No. 2 wide receiver, Evans' ability to post this level of performance is simply amazing. This isn't to say I think Evans will be a Hall of Famer, because he can't even get elected to the Pro Bowl. But the numbers do prove he has that kind of talent.

Here you go Bart but its only about 2 more sentences then was in the preview, and Andrew from Syracuse can eat my ass.

Given Buffalo's lack of a quality No. 2 wide receiver, Evans' ability to post this level of performance is simply amazing. This isn't to say I think Evans will be a Hall of Famer, because he can't even get elected to the Pro Bowl. But the numbers do prove he has that kind of talent.

Thanks bro. And no doubt about Andrew...how's someone from Syracuse gonna dog Lee like that?

Still not better than K Curtis.

Jonathan? Is that you? :w00t:

His Hall of Fame comment came on the heels of when I asked Joyner who is the better receiver straight up. It was no contest in his mind.

Cheers

Can Lee Evans please have more than 1 year starting before we are inducting him into the Hall Of Fame? Thanks.

Say what? More than one starting? If you mean seasons as a number 1, don't be fooled the guy was our number one option in 05 as well.

Can Lee Evans please have more than 1 year starting before we are inducting him into the Hall Of Fame? Thanks.

No.

What, are you new to the Wall? You know how the mob operates 'round here, especially @ this time of year.

Agreed.......but to me, having Hall of Fame talent and being a Hall of Famer are two different things. Evans has the potential this season to solidify himself amongst the top 10 receivers in the league.

For the sake of this conversation, Andre Johnson of Houston also has HoF talent, but he's had 6th grade talent surrounding him. The question is whether he has the clutch playmaking ability that will help his team succeed on the highest level. Same question with Evans. We'll see.

I didn't see anybody say he was going to be inducted. It said he had HoF talent, which is totally different. For example, Jeff George had Hall of Fame talent...

If you can't recognize that Lee has a special talent after what you have seen already, then I feel sorry for you.

I didn't see anybody say he was going to be inducted. It said he had HoF talent, which is totally different. For example, Jeff George had Hall of Fame talent...

Jeff George had a hall of fame arm...thats all....big difference

Agreed.......but to me, having Hall of Fame talent and being a Hall of Famer are two different things. Evans has the potential this season to solidify himself amongst the top 10 receivers in the league.

I agree with that. Baby steps. Strengthen his position as one of the top 10 and perhaps be a perennial top 5 receiver for a few years.

Jeff George had a hall of fame arm...thats all....big difference

When people speak of "talent" in regards to sports they're pretty much talking about natural athletic ability. For the QB position George had that in spades.

this is one thing i hate about the hall of fame. you don't get in if you're the best player, you get in if you play on the best team. hence, for example, tom brady is a future is a hall of famer, but is he the most talented quarterback in the league right now? NO. but he did play on the best team in the league, for at least 3 years anyway.

this is one thing i hate about the hall of fame. you don't get in if you're the best player, you get in if you play on the best team. hence, for example, tom brady is a future is a hall of famer, but is he the most talented quarterback in the league right now? NO. but he did play on the best team in the league, for at least 3 years anyway.

Yeah, Tom Brady was marginally involved with making the Patriots a SB winning team... If he didn't play for the Patriots, I bet he wouldn't start on most of other teams in the league! And it's really going to be a shame when Brady gets in and Manning, the most talented QB in the league, doesn't get in to the HOF because he doesn't play for the best team in the league!!