We better be *trading* shaw, not cutting him

nodnarb

Shaw has some value, even if its a 5th round pick, he has trade value. Some teams like the Chiefs have a ton of injuries at WR and they might be willing to part with a backup guard or center, which we very well might need with Teague out and Tucker moving in.

This press conference will be interesting, no doubt.

Shaw is sort of a goofball. YOu could see him horsing around constantly at camp, and he has missed an awful lotta hot reads. The ball hitting him in the back was his fault, not drew's.

Shaw has some value, even if its a 5th round pick, he has trade value. Some teams like the Chiefs have a ton of injuries at WR and they might be willing to part with a backup guard or center, which we very well might need with Teague out and Tucker moving in.

This press conference will be interesting, no doubt.

Shaw is sort of a goofball. YOu could see him horsing around constantly at camp, and he has missed an awful lotta hot reads. The ball hitting him in the back was his fault, not drew's.

68441[/snapback]

He definately has value but not sure if it's high as a 5th. As recall we gave up a 6th for Mark Campbell and got a 7th for Olandis Gary. I'm thinking at best we'll get a 6th but have a feeling we'll end up with a 7th if he is traded.

Absolutely. I hope it's a trade. Even if it's for a kicker or draft pick or something. Hell, even a few cheerleaders would be nice, not that there's anything wrong with our current ones.

I'm confused by Shaw. He's made some clutch plays over the past two years, but has done some dumb stuff like run the wrong route or get hit in the back with the ball when he should be catching it. I guess I don't know enough about the pass routes to know if he's doing the right thing. He has good hands and decent speed, so maybe that's what has kept him on the team.

Agreed. A 5th or the back up guard from KC would be great. Can't remember the dudes name but he is pretty decent.

68456[/snapback]

I hadn't thought of a player for player trade. I also dismissed a three team trade but anything's possible. So here goes nothing. We send Shaw to Tampa, Tampa trades Keenan McCardell to Kansas City and Kansasy City trades their 5th round pick to Tampa and Chris Bober (he's KC backup Center and a former starter and McNally product with the NYG) to us. Yet I think the more likely scenario is the one I posed in the other thread with the Giants.

Sorry, the guy from KC is on IR, but he could play any interior line position. Doubt they would let a guy like that go any ways.

68468[/snapback]

so he's injured and can't play til next season and may never return to form

sounds like TDs kind of player