Holcomb asked to br released before trade?

bluenews

This is what I don't get. He's going to be their #3. I'll repeat it again: He's going to be their #3. What in the world does he have to be excited about? And why are Philly fans getting so worked up about getting an expensive third-string QB? I'll take a 7th round pick over that. Much less expensive and he'll see the field about as much.

This is what I don't get. He's going to be their #3. I'll repeat it again: He's going to be their #3. What in the world does he have to be excited about? And why are Philly fans getting so worked up about getting an expensive third-string QB? I'll take a 7th round pick over that. Much less expensive and he'll see the field about as much.

I think he mentioned in his press conference that he wanted to part of a winning program... I think it is a ego thing. He lost out in the battle for the starting job with JP last year and he doesn't want to back him up.

Yeah, good deal by us to get rid of him, but I've mentioned that if you can't play and have to carry a clipboard you probably would rather do it for a team that has been to the conference championship almost every year than for a team that hasn't made it to the playoffs this century. And if he thinks he can be the backup and find a better chance of playing, more power to him. I'm happy to have JP and Nall at 1 and 2 on our depth chart.

I think there's a very real chance he beats out Touchy Feeley for the #2 in training camp. Bryant Westbrook is going to love this guy. :blink:

I think he mentioned in his press conference that he wanted to part of a winning program... I think it is a ego thing.

Yep, I'm sure he was content to play his whole career without ever being on a contender. Just like any of us would, were we in his shoes... :thumbsup:

When he asked to be released, maybe he was hoping to sign with a team that would at least have an open QB competition. If you think that's unrealistic, remember that just last year Holcomb participated in such a competition with the Bills. He may not be thrilled with being a Philadelphia backup, but playing behind the oft-injured McNabb, at least he might see the field now and then.