Sabres on Comcast.net tonight

BB27

Three years ago you'd be right. I think it's pretty clear, that's not the case in 2007.

Keep living in the past, Ed.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'd take a Hall-of-Fame lock any day of the week in net. Could you imagine the Sabres with Bordeur in net?

Scary good.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be so sure. I'd take a Hall-of-Fame lock any day of the week in net. Could you imagine the Sabres with Hasek in net?

Scary good.

Fixed it.

...let the Dom bashing begin...

w00t

I'm all about the Hasek bashing.

By the way, is anyone else amazed that guy is still playing? You'd think his groin would have given out long ago. Ouch.

Speaking as someone who peaked athletically when I was 20, yes I am amazed he's still playing. I would most certainly be golfing, and I'd probably only be using the golf as an excuse to get out in the sun and drink.

Hasek's escapades across the border when he was a Sabre are well documented. Maybe he realizes that 19-year old strippers don't care about ex-hockey players, so he keeps on playing. Windsor is a quick jaunt from Detroit....

We all know come playoff time, the Sabres CHOKE!

The Devils need to worry about their division rather than the Sabres and the Eastern Conference.

Choke??? NJ has lost 5 of 8, opening the door for Pittsburgh (8-2 in their last 10) to move into a tie for the division lead. The Devils could easily go from challenging for the top spot and home ice advantage to falling to the #5 seed and opening the playoffs on the road in Ottawa.

The truth is, Buffalo very well could falter in the playoffs. Better teams than the '06-'07 Sabres have been bounced out early. If you catch another team with a goalie who is on fire, any team can lose 4 out of 7. But at least Buffalo will go down swinging, and not sitting back and playing a 4-deep trap like the Devils. I'm not sure how big of a hockey fan you are Ed, but I would be sick to my stomach if I had to watch NJ play all season. They suck all the life out of the game.

The Devils need to worry about their division rather than the Sabres and the Eastern Conference.

Choke??? NJ has lost 5 of 8, opening the door for Pittsburgh (8-2 in their last 10) to move into a tie for the division lead. The Devils could easily go from challenging for the top spot and home ice advantage to falling to the #5 seed and opening the playoffs on the road in Ottawa.

The truth is, Buffalo very well could falter in the playoffs. Better teams than the '06-'07 Sabres have been bounced out early. If you catch another team with a goalie who is on fire, any team can lose 4 out of 7. But at least Buffalo will go down swinging, and not sitting back and playing a 4-deep trap like the Devils. I'm not sure how big of a hockey fan you are Ed, but I would be sick to my stomach if I had to watch NJ play all season. They suck all the life out of the game.

Well said, Smokey Jokey.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'd take a Hall-of-Fame lock any day of the week in net. Could you imagine the Sabres with Bordeur in net?

Scary good.

Wouldn't be any different. MB benefits as much from the Devils' style of play as Miller is stricken by the Sabres. Miller sees more opposing quality scoring chances in an evening than MB sees in a week.

Wouldn't be any different. MB benefits as much from the Devils' style of play as Miller is stricken by the Sabres. Miller sees more opposing quality scoring chances in an evening than MB sees in a week.

Ain't that the truth. I don't watch a lot of Jersey games and I know it's unfair to judge a guy based on one game, but Marty sure looked pedestrian last night when the Sabres started getting chances.

Good point, that.

it's an interesting contrast in styles, NJ and Buffalo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jersey ain't winning the cup coming out of the Eastern Conference this year.

Penguins are, as they have been for the past two or three months, a worry to me. Far more than the Devils.

the only team that can beat the Sabres....the Sabres...if they play their game and roll their lines...there is not a team in either conference that can hang with them....argue with me if you would like, but you will be wrong...when we are rolling Roy Vanek and Stafford against other teams 3rd lines and 5,6 d-men..they should be VERY afraid...

the only team that can beat the Sabres....the Sabres...if they play their game and roll their lines...there is not a team in either conference that can hang with them....argue with me if you would like, but you will be wrong...when we are rolling Roy Vanek and Stafford against other teams 3rd lines and 5,6 d-men..they should be VERY afraid...

That's assuming they show up. Lately, they've been lollygagging it. With the exception of the third period last night, that is.

That's assuming they show up. Lately, they've been lollygagging it. With the exception of the third period last night, that is.

I don't disagree that they've mailed it in on a few of their recent performances. However, last night is not a game I would use as an example. They made a conscious effort to play a more "New Jersey" style last night and take care of business in their own end, cover for each other in the back (see Hecht's first goal when he covered the point for a D-man who pinched) and limit the risky passes and silly turnovers. The lack of SOG lately is a cause for concern, but Lindy is stressing to the players to get more pucks on net from all angles. In general though, it's tough to win consistently when you are outshot by 15 every night.

They pretty much played a playoff style last night, and in the process, beat a very good team with a very good goalie. The first two periods were definitely not exciting, but that is a product of 1) The way the Devils play, and 2) A conscious effort by the Sabres to be more patient.

NJ is not a team you want to get behind 2-0. If you think they are boring in general, watch them with a lead.

Tater, would you shake hands with them after they beat themselves?

Ive made that mistake before..I am not sure I would do it again...Don Cherry should talk about that on Coaches Corner...."here's a lesson for all of you kids out there...dont shake hands with a guy if his belt is undone."

go sabres! zubrus looked good tonight. and congrats to Danny Briere for being the first Sabre over 90 pts since Patty.

Zubrus was the best Sabre on the ice tonight, outside of Miller. That pass on the Koatalik goal was better than the goal itself. Not sure who deserves more credit, Koatalik for scoring, or the Sabre (sorry not sure who it was) coming up center ice, who declined to snag the pass, and let it go to Kotalik...

Very cool to see Paille and Kotalik score on their first night back from extended time missed to injury. Despite what Robataille said, I thought the Sabres played pretty solid hockey the whole night. Zubrus was terrific. I thought he looked great in the two Leafs games this past weekend as well. He looks like he is starting to fit in well, and enjoying himself out there.

Great win for the Sabres...exactly the kind of win they needed right now... :D

Despite all the fretting by the fans (and some Sabres it seems) the Sabres are 7-4-2 for the month of March...about 2/3 of the teams in the NHL would be delighted to be playing that kind of hockey right now.

Zubrus was the best Sabre on the ice tonight, outside of Miller. That pass on the Koatalik goal was better than the goal itself. Not sure who deserves more credit, Koatalik for scoring, or the Sabre (sorry not sure who it was) coming up center ice, who declined to snag the pass, and let it go to Kotalik...

Very cool to see Paille and Kotalik score on their first night back from extended time missed to injury. Despite what Robataille said, I thought the Sabres played pretty solid hockey the whole night. Zubrus was terrific. I thought he looked great in the two Leafs games this past weekend as well. He looks like he is starting to fit in well, and enjoying himself out there.

Despite all the fretting by the fans (and some Sabres it seems) the Sabres are 7-4-2 for the month of March...about 2/3 of the teams in the NHL would be delighted to be playing that kind of hockey right now.

i didnt get that part either. sure, there were SOME TIMES when the Devils had it in our zone for a while. but we never fell into their trap, and good teams are going to get a FEW scoring chances. i thought we looked very good and got a lot of good opportunites and sometimes just barely missed the net...

but he was all over them during the breaks... weird

Drury...

In the third period, it was pretty obvious the Devils wanted no part of DZ because even when he had the puck he was burying guys. There was one instance where 3 Devils literally backed away from him along the far boards WHEN HE HAD THE PUCK.

Paille has been very good all year but he's been snakebit finishing. He was solid all night, whcih was amazing considering his layoff.

I'm not sure what game Robie was watching the first two periods. It was almost like he expected the Devils to roll and kept trying to find reasons why they would.

I thought they were looking past the Leafs this past weekend because Jersey was on the other side.

I'm far more concerned about being healthy for game one without rusty players playing big minutes. I'd have absolute wood if our healthy scratches were Mair, Peters and Paetch. That'd be a nice problem to have. I'd also like to see Connelly play at least one regular season game. That dude is a witch on the PP and if he was able to play effectively in just that role, he'd be worth a playoff roster spot.

I'm far more concerned about being healthy for game one without rusty players playing big minutes. I'd have absolute wood if our healthy scratches were Mair, Peters and Paetch. That'd be a nice problem to have. I'd also like to see Connelly play at least one regular season game. That dude is a witch on the PP and if he was able to play effectively in just that role, he'd be worth a playoff roster spot.

AD, just curious. Do you know how many roster spots we get in the playoffs? Is it a big increase as it is for baseball?